Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: The holidays are coming  (Read 8217 times)

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
  • AA: Banned
Re: The holidays are coming
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 16:38:30 PM »
No holiday for me, just bought a house....

But for my work i come enough abroad luckily :-)

Your wife makes you finish her food ^^

anyways back on topic, you only live once why not see new places? :D
I understand, everyone needs to save up money but that's what I do I save money for going somewhere and elave some for other stuff. Always looking for the cheapest way, like this year I'm away to my homeland and its about over hundred pounds both ways:)
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 16:40:41 PM by IGC Wolf^ »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 16:55:35 PM »
That's bullshit and you know it. Just because I want to change things up for a bit doesn't mean I hate what I'm doing now. You can get bored doing the same stuff over and over for so long and that is inevitable unless you live in some magical land where you can do everything ever. I like where I live, but it just doesn't compare to Florida, or Europe, Asia, or wherever. It's not better, just different. No one place is going to give you all of the experiences there are and to say that people shouldn't experiences those vastly different areas for a bit is ridiculous. Moving to each one of these different locations is impractical if not impossible. That is where vacations come in. You can experience the different cultures and climates without having to permanently move there or having the money to do so.

Meh, I don't think it's bullshit, that's why I said it. Lotta overhyped places and expensive traveling. I don't really give a crap about other cultures (hell, I don't even give a crap about America's culture...) and as far as scenery, I got nice scenery and there's plenty of other people that have been to places before and taken pictures. I've not been on an airplane and have no desire to be on one. I'd only leave the country if things get to a point where the country as a whole is fucked (not far off). I really have no desire to try and rush to enjoy a week or two somewhere just to spend thousands of dollars and enjoy something temporarily when I can walk a few minutes and end up with the same result. If I did ever travel, I'd go out of my way to avoid major cities. You won't catch me alive in California or New York, that's for sure.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
  • AA: Banned
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 16:59:26 PM »
I would like to visit America but I don't have VISA, that's crap that they require that. Why not passport?^^

Offline Alex

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 17:22:39 PM »
Meh, I don't think it's bullshit, that's why I said it. Lotta overhyped places and expensive traveling. I don't really give a crap about other cultures (hell, I don't even give a crap about America's culture...) and as far as scenery, I got nice scenery and there's plenty of other people that have been to places before and taken pictures. I've not been on an airplane and have no desire to be on one. I'd only leave the country if things get to a point where the country as a whole is fucked (not far off). I really have no desire to try and rush to enjoy a week or two somewhere just to spend thousands of dollars and enjoy something temporarily when I can walk a few minutes and end up with the same result. If I did ever travel, I'd go out of my way to avoid major cities. You won't catch me alive in California or New York, that's for sure.
YOU don't give a crap about other cultures, YOU don't give a crap about different scenery. YOU have no desire to spend a week somewhere else. Surly you can understand why others do. "Overhyped" depends on the place and you don't have to go to the tourist spots so that point is moot. Travel is cheaper and easier than moving and finding a new job so that's why people take vacations. I'm not trying to convince you that you're way of thinking is wrong, I'm just trying to help you understand why people go on vacation. Your entire previous post on saying people should move instead of travel is complete bullshit because not everybody shares the same thoughts as you do.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 17:24:38 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 18:02:54 PM »
I don't really give a crap about other cultures

Little sad dude :/

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 18:08:32 PM »
Surly you can understand why others do.
No. I don't understand a lot of the things "others" do. I could make a huge list of unnecessary and useless shit in life but that'd take a fair bit of time and I don't care to be called Hitler 2.0.

Little sad dude :/
To each their own. Knowing about other cultures or experiencing other cultures would do nothing for me. It's not going to change my ideals, beliefs or outlook on life. They exist, just as I do and that's great for them. Some people like their heritage and it's important for them to continue it. Great. Not for me. I have no hometown pride or patriotism or any of that nonsense (oh yes Killa NONSENSE).

Offline Alex

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 18:15:01 PM »
No. I don't understand a lot of the things "others" do. I could make a huge list of unnecessary and useless shit in life but that'd take a fair bit of time and I don't care to be called Hitler 2.0.
So you just called yourself ignorant?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 18:17:21 PM »
So you just called yourself ignorant?

I must be, because I can't seem to find where I said that :D

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 18:19:41 PM »
Way do people go on holiday to get out of the stress in daily work. ones in a year its good to go away if you can.
set your mind on sero and  enjoy freedom.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 18:20:40 PM »
To each their own. Knowing about other cultures or experiencing other cultures would do nothing for me

That can not be true in my opinion. I believe that experiencing other cultures changes alot in your life style and in your mentality .. But you're talking about yourself so you must know it better :)

Offline Alex

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 18:21:24 PM »
I must be, because I can't seem to find where I said that :D
You didn't directly, but you said you don't understand the other side of the argument, which means you're ignorant on the subject. Part of arguing is being able to understand the other side, even though you don't agree with it.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 18:21:39 PM »
Knowing about other cultures or experiencing other cultures would do nothing for me. It's not going to change my ideals, beliefs or outlook on life.

That would be hard to believe, at least to me. But it's just an opinion, as much as yours.

Anyway, travelling is a great thing to do if you got time and money to spend, you can learn so much about others you wouldn't learn otherwise.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 18:25:01 PM by Koden »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 18:29:19 PM »
You didn't directly, but you said you don't understand the other side of the argument, which means you're ignorant on the subject. Part of arguing is being able to understand the other side, even though you don't agree with it.
I understand that people enjoy things I don't. It's part of the variety in people. I don't understand the logic/reasoning behind it. I know a fair bit about the other side actually. Every weekend as a kid I'd go camping or go to the beach or whatever. I lived in the city then where 5 steps out the back door you walk into a fence. Tons of other people around, no privacy, nowhere to go to escape your thoughts. I understand that in a shit situation like that, you gotta go somewhere to clear your mind. Most people do that with a vacation. Now that I don't live in the city anymore and have room to roam and do what I wish, I see no reason to go somewhere else. I think those people that enjoy running around might like their home but do they really enjoy it? I think not. I think that's why when people retire, they generally move somewhere that they like the surroundings and can enjoy life comfortably. If only people did that when they were younger...

That can not be true in my opinion. I believe that experiencing other cultures changes alot in your life style and in your mentality .. But you're talking about yourself so you must know it better :)
That would be hard to believe, at least to me. But it's just an opinion, as much as yours.

Anyway, travelling is a great thing to do if you got time and money to spend, you can learn so much about others you wouldn't learn otherwise.
What do you learn? How do you get changed?

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 18:45:40 PM »

What do you learn? How do you get changed?

You learn about different practical stuff, food, drinks, any possible thing you wouldn't find in your country and a way of living that's based on different matters...in the end i get to travel and discover new places and get to know people from other countries and possibly learn other languages cause i would dare to say it helps to learn and understand about others and yourself in relation to everything else.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 19:45:33 PM »
You learn about different practical stuff, food, drinks, any possible thing you wouldn't find in your country and a way of living that's based on different matters...in the end i get to travel and discover new places and get to know people from other countries and possibly learn other languages cause i would dare to say it helps to learn and understand about others and yourself in relation to everything else.

I'll just say "x2" :D

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager