Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Random discussion thread.  (Read 25409 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Stop Mozilla Firefox's Discrimination Against Conservatives
« Reply #165 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 07:29:38 AM »
You don't have to 'recognize god' to realize how small you are compared to the universe.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 08:38:44 AM »
Us all? I knew allready you was crazy, but now ur also a schizo?

Everyone who read your post ya dunce, Who then would it be.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 08:42:42 AM »
Just for the religious people hanging around in this thread, how do you feel about the Pope?
A person, selected rather randomly (every christian ultimately could become one with luck and extreme dedication) is like, the holiest person on earth and the representative of God? That's one thing that has always bothered me, having enjoyed a catholic upbringing.

The pope is no more worthy than any other man,
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 08:52:46 AM »
Personally, I'm happy to learn and listen, I just don't see any facts presented from religious people. I have yet to see documentation and proof about a god - any god.

Remember when we used to believe in Zeus/Thor before we understood that lightning is a static charge that is built up and released?

See, the neat thing about science is that while there's plenty of times we're wrong, we're human and it helps us in the process of learning and understanding. You can't do that with religion. It is what it is and you blindly believe in it. With science, you don't have to rely on anyone else or believe, you can follow the scientific approach and reach the same definitive results all want by yourself.

Wasn't this supposed to be about gays & banning Firefox and other silly stuff?

Glad to hear you are prepared to L and L cool. It waht I expected of you in the short time we spoke on TS.

I never brought any relgious facts here. So why did you quote me an dsay this. I have not touched on religeon.
You did.

Science is not about religion. So please dont bring religeon to the discussions. I am all for science.
Yes with science you do have to rely on other even for what a real sciebtist wopuld call basic. You BLINDLY put your trust in them, because what they are talmking about is way beyond what we can  do. Pat attention to the samall word "DO" Its not the same as understand. You blindly believe that the earth is millions of years old. You blindly believe that we evolved from apes Darwins Theory.

No you cant do what the scientist can do or you would be getting paid to do that. Keep it real now.

I do realise that we can all look at basic science and understand it. I also understand that we can see and learn from others more inteligent than our selves. IF WE ARE PREPARED TO LISTEN.

So thank you for a decent post for discussion.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 09:34:30 AM »
No-nonsense,

Most things you say is kind of like a horoscope.

I could just as well say exactly the same things about you and it would be exactly as true or untrue as you saying it about someone else.
The same thing you keep saying about others would apply just as well to you.

Most of your posts are saying "What you're saying is untrue. Fact" and if you're done with that, you say how nobody else knows anything. It's just ignorant BS.

I'm sorry for being disrespectful, but the truth sometimes just hurts.

Really the bottom lines is I can back up what I am saying And thats where the facts come in. FACT.

Its whan you cant back up what your saying, that it is BS.

Dont be sorry you cant offend me. Fact.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #170 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 15:39:33 PM »
Possessed, you just said there's false gods. What makes yours true? You think others are false but other people feel the same about their god and yours. It's all opinion and belief. None of it is fact.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 15:51:49 PM »
So what do we do here spanky just ignore the posts we stuggle to reply to That how your SCIENCE works?
I aslo ask four simple questions that no one has replied to after all the gum bumping about evolution.
whos laughing now.

We had a few failed attempts at the round planets lol. Now that was funny with no back up. To many in here at the gum bumping but cant back it up. So ok, go goggle and copy paste now if you think it will help boys.
But dont copy paste something you havent read and understand. My kids can even do that. But I make them back up all they say. And they do. So where is all the bollies and killamans now. Running to hide Mauahauahauah. :)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #172 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 15:52:54 PM »
Possessed, you just said there's false gods. What makes yours true? You think others are false but other people feel the same about their god and yours. It's all opinion and belief. None of it is fact.
Facts aren't synonymous of truth, it does depends of the perspective, a true fact for you should'nt be for others.

You'll never get the point, so leave it for those who can understand, you're just acting like fool.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 15:55:50 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #173 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 17:00:51 PM »
Hello,

Facts aren't synonymous of truth, it does depends of the perspective, a true fact for you should'nt be for others.

You'll never get the point, so leave it for those who can understand, you're just acting like fool.

This post shows you have no faith, or at least do not understand it.

I have talked to some people for years, they never give up trying to show me the error of my ways. They are more than happy to argue any point I have, the same as I am happy to return the favor.

They understand where I am coming from, they also have resources as do I to keep discussing this for a long time. Argument and counter argument, even though they know I need proof, they expect me to find it one day.

If you had faith you would never give up.

Steve

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #174 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 18:22:49 PM »
So what do we do here spanky just ignore the posts we stuggle to reply to That how your SCIENCE works?
I aslo ask four simple questions that no one has replied to after all the gum bumping about evolution.
whos laughing now.

I didn't see any questions from you. I don't recall we ever spoke on TS either. I haven't been on in ages and even when I was, it wasn't for very long.

I've lost interest in this discussion. It's much like talking with a brick wall, there's no progress. The fact is, you think what you think and I think what I think. The only issue I see is that you're wasting your time believing and worshiping something that doesn't exist. I accept scientific fact and then I don't think about it again until one of these fun discussions comes about. It's not like I spend every day praising Darwin or science or anything like that. When I read an article, I think "oh, that's cool" and go about my day. I'm not wasting any time accepting peer-reviewed research.

Now, if there is a god and I was in the scientific community contributing to research that disproves a god and I get up to the pearly gates, I wasted a good portion of my life didn't I? But, I'm indifferent. I'm not in that community or field. I don't dedicate my life to atheism or religion. I am an atheist but I hardly spend any time thinking about it. If there is a omnipotent, forgiving god and a hell, I don't believe I'd go to hell. I'm a good person - much more so than a large number of "american" "christians". If that god exists and looks at my life and still decides I should go to hell, well, I'll have a ton of friends because there are VAST amounts of people with morals lesser than mine who still believe in that god.

That said, I really wish there was a god. Death sucks.

Beyond that, I don't have any more to contribute to this discussion. Sorry.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 18:46:09 PM »
I didn't see any questions from you. I don't recall we ever spoke on TS either. I haven't been on in ages and even when I was, it wasn't for very long.

I've lost interest in this discussion. It's much like talking with a brick wall, there's no progress. The fact is, you think what you think and I think what I think. The only issue I see is that you're wasting your time believing and worshiping something that doesn't exist. I accept scientific fact and then I don't think about it again until one of these fun discussions comes about. It's not like I spend every day praising Darwin or science or anything like that. When I read an article, I think "oh, that's cool" and go about my day. I'm not wasting any time accepting peer-reviewed research.

Now, if there is a god and I was in the scientific community contributing to research that disproves a god and I get up to the pearly gates, I wasted a good portion of my life didn't I? But, I'm indifferent. I'm not in that community or field. I don't dedicate my life to atheism or religion. I am an atheist but I hardly spend any time thinking about it. If there is a omnipotent, forgiving god and a hell, I don't believe I'd go to hell. I'm a good person - much more so than a large number of "american" "christians". If that god exists and looks at my life and still decides I should go to hell, well, I'll have a ton of friends because there are VAST amounts of people with morals lesser than mine who still believe in that god.

That said, I really wish there was a god. Death sucks.

Beyond that, I don't have any more to contribute to this discussion. Sorry.

I think you will find that you did see the questions. Because you made a poor attempt at answering the first one.
So wakey wakey .

There is no progress because you keep telling me about religion and I never once mentioned religion, so i reall dont know why you keep bring it up to me???????
I never said what I believ once where are you getting this shit from??????

So you here read something and think cool. Then you come in here with a half assed explianation about why planets are round. You laughed so much at the question, *that you now deny ever reading) And now all of a sudden you dont want to talk. Lol now I really can laugh. So you and all the other here that had a lot to say to begin with have all been clamped up. Why because you all junped in to quick to a coversation that you heard read about but never really took it seriously. That is not the way to go. So time will tell if yall have learned a lesson. lets wait and see.

As for God If you wish I would like a stab at telling you about my God. That is a lot different from most of what I read in here. And afetr read your last part there a lot of hope for you and everyone else in here. fact.

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #176 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 18:57:05 PM »
Hello,

I really wish there was a god. Death sucks.

Death only suck as we do not know what happens, you never know.

Steve

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 19:36:54 PM »
Hello,

This post shows you have no faith, or at least do not understand it.

I have talked to some people for years, they never give up trying to show me the error of my ways. They are more than happy to argue any point I have, the same as I am happy to return the favor.

They understand where I am coming from, they also have resources as do I to keep discussing this for a long time. Argument and counter argument, even though they know I need proof, they expect me to find it one day.

If you had faith you would never give up.

Steve

I have enough faith to know that Jesus him self is the Only one that can make you believe in him, but only if you want and let him act., it is an ERROR for anyone to try to convert or make anyone believe in God, his own words say this. Your point is just ridiculous, why do you keep talking about something you dont know, acting like a fool.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 19:38:58 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
Re: Random discussion thread.
« Reply #178 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 19:50:33 PM »
You don't have to 'recognize god' to realize how small you are compared to the universe.
Compared to God, see? You guys can't get it. anyway as No-nonsense well said, it wasn't us that brought God into the discussion .

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Random discussion thread.
« Reply #179 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 20:51:37 PM »
fact.
Just to clarify, writing "fact." after a statement doesn't really make it a fact.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager