Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Random discussion thread.  (Read 25018 times)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Random discussion thread.
« on: Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 01:46:57 AM »
"On Thursday, Mozilla, the company behind Mozilla Firefox, forced CEO Brendan Eich to resign over his support for Proposition 8 in California, which stated that marriage was between one man and one woman.

We, the undersigned, pledge to uninstall or cease usage of Mozilla Firefox in protest over Mozilla?s decision to fire Eich for his position on traditional marriage, which is held by tens of millions of religious and conservative Americans. Mozilla?s intolerance and discrimination against those with different political and religious viewpoints stands in stark contrast to its supposed mission to enshrine ?equality and freedom of speech,? and must not be tolerated."

http://www.truthrevolt.org/petition/stop-mozilla-firefoxs-discrimination-against-conservatives
Sign In.
http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/07/nozilla-surprisingly-no-one-is-happy-after-mozilla-ceos-resignation/http://www.truthrevolt.org//news/mozilla-logs-its-single-worst-day-feedback-ever
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 19:46:50 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Ares

• View Profile
Re: Stop Mozilla Firefox's Discrimination Against Conservatives
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 02:47:09 AM »
If i get this straight, he's against homo marriage and got fired for it? I support him being fired all day, every day. Being a modern company, which mozilla is since they're in the buissness called ze internet, they need to uphold the human rights of letting everyone pick for themselves who they love.

Embarrasing if i read the article wrong and got it all backwards, but atleast im pro homo marriage. Only because I like Ganja and he should be able to do as he please.

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 02:49:49 AM »
Hello,

The problem is he was forced out because he did not have the same view on something as someone else.

The subject does not really matter.

What they said to him is that his "Free Speech" is not free.

Steve

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 03:22:42 AM »
Hello,

The problem is he was forced out because he did not have the same view on something as someone else.

Steve

So if he was openly racist or neo-nazi, he should still be able to keep his job as a face out for the company? I think not, the subject does matter. especially when it concerns human rights.

Offline Alex

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 04:22:31 AM »
Hello,

Steve

There is no such thing as freedom of speech in a private setting such as a corporation or household.  It's a common misconception that freedom of speech covers everything. Freedom of speech protects you from punishment by the government and legal system, not from punishment (withing the law of course) by private jobs or communities.

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 04:46:30 AM »
Hello,

This did not effect his job performance, and was not done in the companies name. Some back stabbing **** has used this against him.

I am not a sheep, I will say what I want.

I am not a shepherd, I let other say what they want.

If I disagree with them or they disagree with me then we talk about it. We might change our minds, we might not.

More tolerance is needed in this world, not less.

And before anyone thinks or says I am a Liberal, I am not. I do not like gay marriage, but not for the reasons you may think.

It comes down too the law. In my life time, something that was a criminal act has now become state sanctioned. Now while this might be good for some, the problem I have is where does it stop?

Currently it is illegal to have sex with a child, is this going to change?
Currently it is illegal to have more than one wife/husband, is that going to change?
Currently it is illegal to kill someone with a car, is that going to change?

You may think that none of the above will ever change, think carefully.

Steve

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 05:09:53 AM »
Hello,

This did not effect his job performance, and was not done in the companies name. Some back stabbing **** has used this against him.

I am not a sheep, I will say what I want.

I am not a shepherd, I let other say what they want.

If I disagree with them or they disagree with me then we talk about it. We might change our minds, we might not.

More tolerance is needed in this world, not less.

And before anyone thinks or says I am a Liberal, I am not. I do not like gay marriage, but not for the reasons you may think.

It comes down too the law. In my life time, something that was a criminal act has now become state sanctioned. Now while this might be good for some, the problem I have is where does it stop?

Currently it is illegal to have sex with a child, is this going to change?
Currently it is illegal to have more than one wife/husband, is that going to change?
Currently it is illegal to kill someone with a car, is that going to change?

You may think that none of the above will ever change, think carefully.

Steve

Highlited the part where you put your own dick in your mouth. The one who got fired, got so because of his own intolerance and narrow minded thought on how other people should live their lives, according to the good book and it's beliefs.
And how can you even think to compare gay marriage to killing someone with a car, or sexually assaulting a child? Are you right in the head m8? And to where it stops, it stops where you start hurting other people.
And im guessing you dislike gay marriages because in your book it's second to sexually assaulting a child, or hitting someone with your car. God bless. 
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 05:17:56 AM by Ares »

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 05:53:16 AM »
Hello,
Highlited the part where you put your own dick in your mouth. The one who got fired, got so because of his own intolerance and narrow minded thought on how other people should live their lives, according to the good book and it's beliefs.
And how can you even think to compare gay marriage to killing someone with a car, or sexually assaulting a child? Are you right in the head m8? And to where it stops, it stops where you start hurting other people.
And im guessing you dislike gay marriages because in your book it's second to sexually assaulting a child, or hitting someone with your car. God bless.
Before I answer your post, please let me know where you live, Country and or State, here or via PM. I want to take a look at something first.

Steve

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 06:27:24 AM »
Hello,Before I answer your post, please let me know where you live, Country and or State, here or via PM. I want to take a look at something first.

Steve

This should answer it (provided his country is correct there and looking at his IP it probably is):
http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/158735/mortiferus.ares/
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 06:46:58 AM »
Hello,Before I answer your post, please let me know where you live, Country and or State, here or via PM. I want to take a look at something first.

Steve
Sweden, Northern part, Umea (which was voted best gay city in .se 2 years ago). Good luck mate ;)

« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 06:50:07 AM by Ares »

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 07:20:51 AM »
Hello,
Steve
Sweden, Northern part, Umea (which was voted best gay city in .se 2 years ago). Good luck mate ;)
Thank you, you have given all the information I needed. I did not need luck, I just needed you to put your foot in it. This is not personal at you, it was just you stepped into the lime light.

Firstly though, where I am coming from so you don't get confused.

I am agnostic. What this means ( I am making this clear as I understand it ) is I do not except something it needs to be proved. This means you or anyone else can not prove that god/gods/goddess/goddesses exist and you also can not prove they do not exist. So I am not religious. This also means that you or anyone else can not prove that the big bang happened and vice versa that it did not.

I also have good friends that are gay and bi, I even have an ex that is bi. So I am not in any way a gay basher.

Anyway, back to the reason I needed your Country. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe If this is correct, that would make anyone in Sweden having sexual intercourse with someone at 15 years old a child molester in the UK. So, should Sweden raise its age of consent to 16 or the UK lower its age to 15?

If you think sex at 14 is wrong, don't go to half of these European Countries, and sometimes 13.

Perhaps if I want to have sex with a child I should come to Sweden as it is legal there.

Can you understand my point about laws changing, making something that was illegal . . . . legal. As part of Europe, should all laws be made equal and the same?
Which way would you vote the age of consent?
Up to the highest standard or down to the lowest standard?
What would you do with all the pedophiles locked up for abusing children that when the age goes down have no longer committed a crime?

I hope you understand now.

Steve

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 07:31:36 AM »
Hello,Thank you, you have given all the information I needed. I did not need luck, I just needed you to put your foot in it. This is not personal at you, it was just you stepped into the lime light.

Firstly though, where I am coming from so you don't get confused.

I am agnostic. What this means ( I am making this clear as I understand it ) is I do not except something it needs to be proved. This means you or anyone else can not prove that god/gods/goddess/goddesses exist and you also can not prove they do not exist. So I am not religious. This also means that you or anyone else can not prove that the big bang happened and vice versa that it did not.

I also have good friends that are gay and bi, I even have an ex that is bi. So I am not in any way a gay basher.

Anyway, back to the reason I needed your Country. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe If this is correct, that would make anyone in Sweden having sexual intercourse with someone at 15 years old a child molester in the UK. So, should Sweden raise its age of consent to 16 or the UK lower its age to 15?

If you think sex at 14 is wrong, don't go to half of these European Countries, and sometimes 13.

Perhaps if I want to have sex with a child I should come to Sweden as it is legal there.

Can you understand my point about laws changing, making something that was illegal . . . . legal. As part of Europe, should all laws be made equal and the same?
Which way would you vote the age of consent?
Up to the highest standard or down to the lowest standard?
What would you do with all the pedophiles locked up for abusing children that when the age goes down have no longer committed a crime?

I hope you understand now.

Steve

Oh I understand the whole age consent thingie, and I get where you're coming from, I should have been more clear, and said infants and not children, what you are reffering to are teenagers, atleast at the age of 15 and 16, that age is set as a standard to which when teenagers are fit to decide for themselves what they want to do with their body, and with whom - regardless of gender.

There is no "what's next after this" about this story, there isn't a ladder on which this can escalate on. Hating on homosexuality, is behind in time, stupid and pretty much equal to rasism. And people in the public eye with these kinds of opinions should always be replaced or fired.
Sorry for all the edits, missed that you actually asked questions. Not all laws should be the same, thats why we have diffrent countrys, states and whatnot.

Putting Sweden up against the UK in this matter is a tough one, you'd have to look on how teenagers live out their life, their education, their possibilities to educate themselves, their family situations in general - all which has been done already and was probably why the age is set diffrent in the first place.

Now there's a huge diffrence between abusing an infant, and say someone who's 6 months under the concent age, and it shows in the sentences in cases where this has happend. Was there concent between the parties, or rape, etc. We could go on forever and ever on this, which is all good but we'd still disagree on the homosexuality matter.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 07:39:52 AM by Ares »

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 07:48:20 AM »
Hello,
Oh I understand the whole age consent thingie, and I get where you're coming from, I should have been more clear, and said infants and not children, what you are reffering to are teenagers, atleast at the age of 15 and 16, that age is set as a standard to which when teenagers are fit to decide for themselves what they want to do with their body, and with whom - regardless of gender.
There is no "what's next after this" about this story, there isn't a ladder on which this can escalate on.
So what age should the age of consent be?

The "ladder" you talk of is real, this is my point. What you find "wrong" today might not be considered wrong tomorrow or 40 years later.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent in this global society what is going to happen?

This has nothing to do with orientation, it is to do with what law makers decide. I personally think the age should be 17.

Steve

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 07:57:41 AM »
Hello,So what age should the age of consent be?

The "ladder" you talk of is real, this is my point. What you find "wrong" today might not be considered wrong tomorrow or 40 years later.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent in this global society what is going to happen?

This has nothing to do with orientation, it is to do with what law makers decide. I personally think the age should be 17.

Steve

The age concents are fine I think, I'd rather be 15 and able to make my own decision and not have to wait 2 years although I feel ready because I'm scared of what some law says. Im viewing this from a non criminal standpoint now ofcourse.

If i'd look at it from a crime standpoint i'd have to say that no matter what age you are, if the concent between the two humans isn't there, it's called rape or sexual abuse.
And i'm pretty sure the things you mentioned before will always be seen as a crime in the eyes of pretty much everyone, unless you're Charles Manson.

Raising age for concent is good if you belive that someone under 17 isn't ready to make decisions about their own body and so forth, but it's still their own body.

I reckon you are American, and you let your teenagers get their driverslicence at 16, so they should be able to drive, and potentially kill other people, and themselves, but not have sexual relations with other people, killing no one? (you see where im getting at with this argument)  Unless they get infected with AIDS, in which case they're fucked anyway.

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 08:13:19 AM »
Hello,

At 49 years old, I think that as you get older you understand why there is an age of consent. You might think or know at 15 what you want, but it changes as you get older. You also have to think about this, when do your parents stop taking responsibility for your actions.

"The age of concent" has nothing to do with you agreeing to have sex or not. It is the age that the society you live in says it is legal to have sex. Rape ( a crime I consider worse than murder ) or pedophilia ( which I think is worse than rape ) should be punished very hard.

I am not an American, I am English. We let people drive at 17, when we think they are sensible enough, guess why I think 17 is a good age for sex now.

Steve

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager