Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: The US is shit.  (Read 38227 times)

Offline GRAPES_APES

Re: The US is shit.
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 23:26:21 PM »
If I spend a ton of money and time studying to be an engineer, why the hell would I get paid the same as some filed worker who didn't spend nearly as much time and money learning to do their job? I would have ten times the amount of skills they have and I worked hard to learn my trade. Why on earth would anyone spend the time and money to get a complex job when they can just get a labor job that pays the same? it doesn't make sense. You get paid for how hard you are to replace, and that's how it should be.
no it shouldnt. each and every person deserves the same. thats the way it should be. you are a capable person and educated. some people are not, some people dont have all the same opportunity you have. some people, yet some kids gotta pay for their mommas rent in order to support their brothers and sisters. EVERYONE deserves the same house and the same cars as every other man. If thats the way it was people would not steal and people would not hate one another.

Offline GRAPES_APES

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 23:29:21 PM »
too many greed ass people who have a million times what they need and live in a city with homeless people that have less than 100,000 people in the enitre city. all i know is if i had enough to give i'd give it without blinking. the fact is there is enough for everyone to have the same as everyone else.

Offline GRAPES_APES

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 23:32:41 PM »
depends what sort of factory works being referenced here, the mindless assembly line type work that a highschool dropout could do or trade qualified workers where Australias best boilermaker/welder jobs are offering 500k minimum a year. killa put it simply and truthfully, its not the work you do but how many people around you can do the job, supply and demand a low supply of workers for a demanding job = high pay. if a boss can replace you within a day why wouldnt he say, "where paying you this much if you dont like it theres plenty of others who will" or in the case of a factory "this is how much you get an hour, if you dont like it we will import some workers from the phillipines who will work for less"
welders, eletricians, elevator mechanics are part of the middle class that is being fucked. they dony make enough for what they do. the people that make the money sit in a office which is what im saying is crap.someone who sits in a office will never work as hard as someone who carries elevator cables up 30 flights of stairs

Offline GRAPES_APES

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 23:33:19 PM »
why blue collars get paid less then white collar =/= why poverty is still an issue today
thankyou i said this

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 23:42:40 PM »
why blue collars get paid less then white collar =/= why poverty is still an issue today

I think we can all agree on this even though Skrewy said it. There's jobs that demand more from you and thus compensate you more. Poverty is an issue of a lack of people saving combined with inflation and a lack of jobs due to outsourcing and under qualification.

I'm not rich, I can't randomly buy things I want but I live comfortably. If I came into a large sum of money, I would donate to a degree. You can't help everybody and those you do, they might not appreciate it or have an appreciation for a dollar so they don't know how to manage their money and they blow it. There's a lot of wasted money and a lot of needy people out there. There's also a lot of groups and organizations that are under-funded and there's a lot of big corporations that have too much money. The whole financial system is out of balance. The majority of Americans need a whack in the head to wake up and realize that a dollar is important, as is what you do with it.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 23:44:25 PM »
no it shouldnt. each and every person deserves the same. thats the way it should be. you are a capable person and educated. some people are not, some people dont have all the same opportunity you have. some people, yet some kids gotta pay for their mommas rent in order to support their brothers and sisters. EVERYONE deserves the same house and the same cars as every other man. If thats the way it was people would not steal and people would not hate one another.
That ideology would work if everyone was the same, but that's not the case. Sorry to break it to you. Everyone does not deserve the same stuff, that's a dumb statement. A lazy slob who contributes nothing to society does not deserve the same amenities as a hard working person who does a lot of good for society. Your idea is very close to communism. But the one flaw is that people are not all the same and never will be.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 23:46:04 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline GRAPES_APES

« Reply #36 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 00:07:07 AM »
That ideology would work if everyone was the same, but that's not the case. Sorry to break it to you. Everyone does not deserve the same stuff, that's a dumb statement. A lazy slob who contributes nothing to society does not deserve the same amenities as a hard working person who does a lot of good for society. Your idea is very close to communism. But the one flaw is that people are not all the same and never will be.
we live in a society where they train us to do all this work for a bunch of stuff we dont need. computers, cars, cellular phones, stuff we dont need, yet we praise the people that make them and own them trying to give all our time and effort to have things we really dont need. United States is shit because too many people worship fake idols like you. i been surving on my own since 16. went to san jose state on a loan that i couldnt afford to pay which is why i dropped out. i would have finished if i had more money. im not saying education is a bad thing or having money is a bad thing but it is because people like you who thing because you are capable of doing certain things that you have the right to more power.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #37 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 00:12:59 AM »
Grapes, there are a lot of things in this world that are un-necessary that people get hooked on and dump money into while other people are just trying to have their first meal in the last week. Personally, I think loans, especially student loans, are one of those things. You rack up debt and can't get a decent job to pay it off because most of the time you're in school so what little time you do have for a job doesn't pay most of the bills. It takes so long to get back on your feet after college because your dream job isn't waiting for you and then you either rent an apartment which is money wasted or you buy a house with yet another loan and spend the rest of your life paying it off. All this financial shit is interwoven.

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #38 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 00:17:32 AM »
Money is the cause of all problems in this world. I like the idea of a resource based economy which is actually already being put into place. If you know what the venus project is you know what im talking about. if not check it out :http://www.thevenusproject.com/

I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

Offline Alex

« Reply #39 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 00:19:19 AM »
we live in a society where they train us to do all this work for a bunch of stuff we dont need. computers, cars, cellular phones, stuff we dont need, yet we praise the people that make them and own them trying to give all our time and effort to have things we really dont need. United States is shit because too many people worship fake idols like you. i been surving on my own since 16. went to san jose state on a loan that i couldnt afford to pay which is why i dropped out. i would have finished if i had more money. im not saying education is a bad thing or having money is a bad thing but it is because people like you who thing because you are capable of doing certain things that you have the right to more power.
What world do you live in where things that aren't necessary to survive aren't important? You seem unable to grasp the concept of an economy, of human wants and desires. Things like computers are made to fill the desired of humans. Everything comes back to what humans want, what they will work and pay for. It doesn't matter if we need these things to survive, people will pay for them. As long as there is demand, there will be people supplying it. It seems to me like you want a fantasy utopia that will never exist. Where everyone is the same and there is no demand for entertainment or material things. You're essentially a communist.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 04, 2012, 00:22:11 AM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #40 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 00:25:12 AM »
You're essentially a communist.

What's so bad about communism, comrade?

Offline Alex

« Reply #41 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 00:32:45 AM »
What's so bad about communism, comrade?
I'm talking legitimate communism, not the phony baloney communism that the USSR used. No government, no private property, no currency, no classes. It's an impossible utopia.

Offline GRAPES_APES

« Reply #42 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 00:35:33 AM »
i know that my thoughts will never actually happen anytime soon and not everything i say is right or correct but atleast i got something to say, i just like to step back from the bigger picture and express my ideas, im not trying to offend anyone kinda just venting some frustration and babbling just saying what comes to mind, i dont mean any disrespect killaman, and i know i probably just seem like some hippie kid from california. which i am but im also someone who has worked hard for everything i have. nobody ever gave me a handout and i wouldnt take one. the profession you are in is one of great respect. being capable of becoming a doctor or engineer is great but its for those who are not capable that deserve the same luxuries. people dont have a choice where they are born, who they live with , and what country they live in. you just gotta live life. now days people dont live, they are caught up in the facebook and what chip mod is on their STI or how many gigabytes in a hardrive. when in reality that stuff is making all of us the same lazy slob ass americans. and who do we worship, the computer the tv the job that makes the computers and tvs.

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #43 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 00:46:49 AM »
I'm talking legitimate communism, not the phony baloney communism that the USSR used. No government, no private property, no currency, no classes. It's an impossible utopia.

it actually is possible.

http://www.thevenusproject.com/

Jaque Frasco is a genius and they are starting to implement his process in a city in florida.

Resource based economy
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

Offline Alex

« Reply #44 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 00:47:45 AM »
i know that my thoughts will never actually happen anytime soon and not everything i say is right or correct but atleast i got something to say, i just like to step back from the bigger picture and express my ideas, im not trying to offend anyone kinda just venting some frustration and babbling just saying what comes to mind, i dont mean any disrespect killaman, and i know i probably just seem like some hippie kid from california. which i am but im also someone who has worked hard for everything i have. nobody ever gave me a handout and i wouldnt take one. the profession you are in is one of great respect. being capable of becoming a doctor or engineer is great but its for those who are not capable that deserve the same luxuries. people dont have a choice where they are born, who they live with , and what country they live in. you just gotta live life. now days people dont live, they are caught up in the facebook and what chip mod is on their STI or how many gigabytes in a hardrive. when in reality that stuff is making all of us the same lazy slob ass americans. and who do we worship, the computer the tv the job that makes the computers and tvs.
You seem to be generalizing a lot of people though. That's the problem.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager