Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: The US is shit.  (Read 38218 times)

Offline GRAPES_APES

Re: The US is shit.
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 16:20:09 PM »
GOD DAMN ILLUMINATI ^---^

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 17:09:07 PM »
Isn't Brazil one of those countries that makes 90% of it's own fuel and has hardly any imports for oil?

yeah,but the Oil that we have has different quality from the one found in Iran and contries down there :D, so we have to Import a bit :P

and Gasoline price is a bit high, Alchol was a good option, but now its getting expensive as Gasoline, not to mention that we extract our own Gas(especially my State) to use in Ovens, and the price its reaching the clouds.
my City has also 2 Nuclear PowerPlant(+1 under construction), and again, abusive prices lol :D
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 17:16:17 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 17:14:37 PM »
I thought you guys made most of your fuel from sugar cane, not from domestic oil production?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 17:17:55 PM »
I thought you guys made most of your fuel from sugar cane, not from domestic oil production?

We have both options:D, Etanol(Alchol, actually use 20% of gasoline), Gasoline & Vehicular Natural Gas(GNV)
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 17:24:19 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Maxbulldog_53

Re: Re: What do you do for a living?
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 17:42:48 PM »
1. Valid point
2. No, our obesity rate is right on par with the UK
3. No, it's actually very good compared to most other countries.

Our economy isn't in a free fall, it's been getting stronger ever since the recession. It's not that great, but it's a hell of a lot better than what most of Europe is going through right now. I really don't understand how any sane person can call the U.S., one of the wealthiest developed countries, shit. Especially compared to all the 3rd world countries there are. It's ridiculous and basically comes down to Americans bitching because they always need to find something to bitch about.

actually our education system is falling in comparison to other countries. Right now we are rated "average". On a scale that goes to 1000 here are the scores of the us in different subjects:
Math-487
Reading-500
Science-502

And in reading skills we are ranked 14th among the world. Those scores are all showing 50 to me. Passing all throughout school was a 65. I dont think we should settle for average ESPECIALLY in the education department. If you ask me I think we need to revamp our entire education system. Europes education system is something i believe we should model ours after because ours is not that great.

and about the economy I would suggest checking out this site http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/30-signs-that-the-u-s-economy-is-about-to-go-into-the-toilet

brings up a lot of good points.
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

Offline GRAPES_APES

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 17:52:08 PM »
too bad the guy who does the actual labor who sweats and breaks his back gets paid the least, while the people who sit on their ass get paid the most. corporations own all of us. if teachers made $200,000 a year, education in U.S would be a job that everyone wanted so the best candidates would be the teachers, why cant a guy who picks strawberries in the hot sun make as much as a computer science major? physical work vs mental work? wtf is the difference, both are hard jobs that require a lot of time and patience. we need some sort of system that balances everything, (communism haha jk) this is why i quit college, i got fed up with people only wanting to pay people that want to sit on their ass.

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 18:09:07 PM »
too bad the guy who does the actual labor who sweats and breaks his back gets paid the least, while the people who sit on their ass get paid the most. corporations own all of us. if teachers made $200,000 a year, education in U.S would be a job that everyone wanted so the best candidates would be the teachers, why cant a guy who picks strawberries in the hot sun make as much as a computer science major? physical work vs mental work? wtf is the difference, both are hard jobs that require a lot of time and patience. we need some sort of system that balances everything, (communism haha jk) this is why i quit college, i got fed up with people only wanting to pay people that want to sit on their ass.

The reason why physical work will never get paid as much as mental work is because theres so many people that can do physical work. Say for instance you work in a factory on the assembly line. If you get hurt or cant work or something there is always someone behind you waiting to take your job. The mental work that people need to go to school to do pays more because there are less people that can do that job. Hence why athletes get paid so much. yes i agree they shouldnt but there are VERY few people who can play a sport at a professional level. Hence why the pay is so good.

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Offline Alex

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 21:26:02 PM »
The fact of the matter is you get paid based on how hard you are to replace. Almost anyone can do physical labor, but not everyone can be a computer programmer, you need to go to school for that.

As far as the topic goes, I'm sick of idiot spoiled Americans proclaiming their great county is shit just because it's not perfect. It's stupid beyond belief.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 21:28:18 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 21:33:26 PM »
The fact of the matter is you get paid based on how hard you are to replace. Almost anyone can do physical labor, but not everyone can be a computer programmer, you need to go to school for that.

As far as the topic goes, I'm sick of idiot spoiled Americans proclaiming their great county is shit just because it's not perfect. It's stupid beyond belief.

As far as it goes for me I wouldnt consider myself a "spoiled American proclaiming my country is shit" As i said before i wouldnt want to live anywhere else. I'd rather fix the issues that this country has and you cannot deny it has issues. First step to solving a problem is knowing and admitting the problem. Not just turn the other cheek and ignore them and say the country is not in trouble because it is.

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Offline Alex

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 21:38:20 PM »
As far as it goes for me I wouldnt consider myself a "spoiled American proclaiming my country is shit" As i said before i wouldnt want to live anywhere else. I'd rather fix the issues that this country has and you cannot deny it has issues. First step to solving a problem is knowing and admitting the problem. Not just turn the other cheek and ignore them and say the country is not in trouble because it is.
The U.S. has many problems. Corrupt and useless government, too much corporate influence, student loan crisis, etc. I never said it didn't have issues, that's not what this topic is about.

I never said you were one of the spoiled Americans, but Archi seems to be, and his comments are basically what this topic is about.

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 21:56:19 PM »
The U.S. has many problems. Corrupt and useless government, too much corporate influence, student loan crisis, etc. I never said it didn't have issues, that's not what this topic is about.

I never said you were one of the spoiled Americans, but Archi seems to be, and his comments are basically what this topic is about.

as long as we're on the same page :D

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Offline GRAPES_APES

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 22:49:56 PM »

if a person is educated, why should they make more than someone that is not. what gives them the right to have a better life and have more opportuinites. u read alot of books now you get the most comfortable life (stupid) thats like saying if your handicapped or mentally retarded you dont deserve to have a nice life since you are incapable of being smart or educated (not all handicapped people are incapable of learning but the ones who are). since our country is so set on having the highest standards then make the right choice and even the playing field between blue collar and white collar jobs. it all has to do with our schools i think. schools recieve money for how well they do in testing. if you go to a school in wealthy city of the  country their test scores are high so they get alot of money. if you go to a school in a poor city their test scores will be low in which they recienve less money. now doesnt it seem that if a schools test scores/dropout rate is negative, wouldnt it be wiser to give more money to the schools that need more help? rather than giving more to the schools that are already exceeding in test scores and parent donations?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 23:10:32 PM »
I understand and accept the "paid for how hard you are to replace", that makes sense. Think about it for a bit, on a factory line, you're instructed to put x part here, tighten x nut. You do that over and over. For a coder or designer (there's many ways to code and many ways to design) it takes a lot more than strict steps. You need a creative mind to come up with creative ways to solve a problem or complete a specific task. Nobody tells an artist how to work because there is no manual, yet there is a manual for a factory worker. Although, saying that just made me think of Skrewy. That puts a different perspective on things because he is a blue collar worker but there is no manual for what he does, it requires experience and talent to weld something in a way that it won't fail while under load. Welders do fetch a fair bit of money though so I guess it depends on the type of blue collar work.

Offline Alex

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 23:12:58 PM »
if a person is educated, why should they make more than someone that is not. what gives them the right to have a better life and have more opportuinites. u read alot of books now you get the most comfortable life (stupid) thats like saying if your handicapped or mentally retarded you dont deserve to have a nice life since you are incapable of being smart or educated (not all handicapped people are incapable of learning but the ones who are). since our country is so set on having the highest standards then make the right choice and even the playing field between blue collar and white collar jobs. it all has to do with our schools i think. schools recieve money for how well they do in testing. if you go to a school in wealthy city of the  country their test scores are high so they get alot of money. if you go to a school in a poor city their test scores will be low in which they recienve less money. now doesnt it seem that if a schools test scores/dropout rate is negative, wouldnt it be wiser to give more money to the schools that need more help? rather than giving more to the schools that are already exceeding in test scores and parent donations?
If I spend a ton of money and time studying to be an engineer, why the hell would I get paid the same as some filed worker who didn't spend nearly as much time and money learning to do their job? I would have ten times the amount of skills they have and I worked hard to learn my trade. Why on earth would anyone spend the time and money to get a complex job when they can just get a labor job that pays the same? it doesn't make sense. You get paid for how hard you are to replace, and that's how it should be.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 23:23:03 PM »
Like I said, it depends on the type of blue collar work. It takes money and time to learn a trade like welding or becoming a linesman.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager