Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Re: Console Debate  (Read 7791 times)

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Console Debate
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 00:16:26 AM »
Move looks pretty cool in the way it functions with some games. Sure they can be on the Wii, but there are games that are PS3 exclusive and use the Move in a cool way. Like that one object and shadow game, I forgot what its called, but it's pretty sweet.

Also, I prefer the PS3 Move to any Wiimote, its really awkward holding the remote in your hands after some long sessions.

AAAAAAAnd no one copies anyone, things will always have their differences. There is no real way to have any good motion controls on a console unless it looks like the Wii or you go radical like the 360 and use no controller. So uhh, ya nobody copied anyone.

There you go, 3 thoughts.

Offline Alex

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 10:07:29 AM »
How can you say that playstation move is not an attempt to copy the wii remote? It does THE EXACT SAME THING. It looks almost identical, with two parts, one for aiming and the other for moving. I know move is legally distinct from the Wii remote but come on, Sony obviously got their idea from the Wii remote.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 15:17:36 PM »
Who's to say Sony hasn't been planning this since the prior to the Wii release? It's pretty unlikely but the release of the Wii could have made them have to start from scratch to make something superior.
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Alex

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 15:23:28 PM »
Who's to say Sony hasn't been planning this since the prior to the Wii release? It's pretty unlikely but the release of the Wii could have made them have to start from scratch to make something superior.

Sony didn't patent the technology until 2008, a full two years after the Wii came out. If they were working on a motion control system before the Wii, they would have patented the system back then.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 15:26:04 PM »
Touche... haha.

Regardless though, you could argue that any technological product was copying a predecessor.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 17:12:19 PM »
I would like to see an explination of another way to make motion controls without "copying" the Wii.

See you in 5 years.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 17:22:45 PM »
one for aiming and the other for moving

I would like to see an explination of another way to make motion controls without "copying" the Wii.

Simple! Just reverse it. Make the one for moving and the other for aiming.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 17:31:51 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/61454245@N05/
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 19:40:28 PM »
What ever your reason for defending the the WII you cannot argue that the PS3 and even the 360 are better consoles. And you also cannot argue they are all shit compared to a PC.
http://s.postquote.us/uKnight.png[/img][/url]
[CleanMe][/url]
[Photography, The least you should know][/url]
http://kodyhungenberg.500px.com[/url]

Offline Alex

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 19:59:00 PM »
What ever your reason for defending the the WII you cannot argue that the PS3 and even the 360 are better consoles. And you also cannot argue they are all shit compared to a PC.

I am not defending the Wii, no one is attacking it. I was simply pointing out the obvious similarities between the two control schemes.
Also, I can easily say the Wii is better than the 360. I play my Wii more than my 360. I have no need for generic shooters and racing games, basically the only thing 360 provides. Plus $60 just to play online now? I'll pass.

@ blue. It's called innovation. Microsoft is doing motion controls in a different way. Instead of copying what has already been done, one should create a new and better way to do something. I have no idea what that might be, but people are getting paid big bucks to think of these things, I'm not.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 20:00:37 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 20:06:06 PM »
So in your opinion the WII is better. But from an objective view the 360 and PS3 both are capable of far more than the WII (the PS3 more so than the 360) and the PS3 shipped with motion controls. Just because you play your WII more than 360 doesn't mean its better. All it means is you are one of the people that finds that type of crap fun. The WII is targeted to pre-teens and seniors and it does a good job of entertaining their target demographics. The graphics the WII has are limited the controls are not precise in the least and worse of all very few of the WII games seem to be targeted at adults. Nintendo has been milking the Mario series for 20 years. Now I am not saying that's a bad thing they are making money hand over fist but you speak of innovation, I seem to recall the EyeToy which gave motion control over the game in the PS2.....hmm who is copying who now.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 20:08:14 PM by Knight »
[CleanMe][/url]

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 20:28:23 PM »
@ blue. It's called innovation. Microsoft is doing motion controls in a different way. Instead of copying what has already been done, one should create a new and better way to do something. I have no idea what that might be, but people are getting paid big bucks to think of these things, I'm not.

Either you have motion control with no hand controls (360 or eye toy), or your hand (everything else). Not much of a spectrum in which people can make something and not have people scream "copier!" at them.

So what are we all arguing about again?

Offline Alex

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 20:54:09 PM »
So in your opinion the WII is better. But from an objective view the 360 and PS3 both are capable of far more than the WII (the PS3 more so than the 360) and the PS3 shipped with motion controls. Just because you play your WII more than 360 doesn't mean its better. All it means is you are one of the people that finds that type of crap fun. The WII is targeted to pre-teens and seniors and it does a good job of entertaining their target demographics. The graphics the WII has are limited the controls are not precise in the least and worse of all very few of the WII games seem to be targeted at adults. Nintendo has been milking the Mario series for 20 years. Now I am not saying that's a bad thing they are making money hand over fist but you speak of innovation, I seem to recall the EyeToy which gave motion control over the game in the PS2.....hmm who is copying who now.

hahaha. This post made my day. Instead of making a huge post about how you are wrong in every way, I will just leave it to this.

There is no way to judge if a console is "better" than another one. It is all up to one's opinion. You can try to convince me all you want, but the Wii is better than the 360 to me, and that is all that matters.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 20:56:01 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 20:59:47 PM »

hahaha. This post made my day. Instead of making a huge post about how you are wrong in every way, I will just leave it to this.

There is no way to judge if a console is "better" than another one. It is all up to one's opinion. You can try to convince me all you want, but the Wii is better than the 360 to me, and that is all that matters.

So instead of trying to make a good counter point, you take the childish route of "I'm right you're wrong" I kind of expected more.
[CleanMe][/url]

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 21:02:01 PM »
I expected some basic reading skills from you. He clearly stated one thing then you accused him of stating something else, as if the rest of us couldn't read his post and would just assume you were right.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager