Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Possibly something we can start on v2  (Read 4757 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Possibly something we can start on v2
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, June 01, 2010, 17:21:38 PM »
Everything we've ever done on this community has been computer/game related. Its amazing.

I like the sound of careclock.co.cc
Maybe InteliClock?

Well, we are using computers and we all do play games :) I kind of like InteliClock but it sounds a bit Microsoft-ish.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, June 01, 2010, 17:55:16 PM »
The idea sounds good, but again, I have nothing to contribute to it.  ;)

Offline Dialects

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, June 01, 2010, 19:48:27 PM »
Is this going to be a web-based application, or cpu-based?
Do we code it so it automatically recognises your CPU, or do list the models?
Would it be a bad idea to add more than just CPU overclocking? It could be interesting to make this a hardware-complete application.

I would like to see these answered before I bombard this forums with ideas, detail and extensive discussion about this.

:)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, June 01, 2010, 20:05:02 PM »
Dann, you fail at understanding :)

As it stands right now, there's sites like http://hwbot.org/ that encourage people to perpetually break world records (rather pointless since newer, better, faster chips are released) where you submit information and "proof" about your computer to be ranked. No program needed, although one could be made, full detection might be difficult. People are then ranked based upon information. There's a lot of overclock as far as you can go no matter the volts or temperatures but there's not much support for reasonable, 24/7 usage overclocking where voltages and temperatures DO matter as well as underclocking. This seems to be an untapped niche that would have a large fanbase if done properly. That's what this would be. A place where people would go to compete while staying inside voltage specifications for hardware.

Without getting into a schooling lesson, with top overclocking, there's a lot of variables that people can't control and IMO, world records are farces and people are just lucky with the type of chip and hardware that they get that allow them to overclock that far. You can take 1 model of chip, even the same stepping, take 50 different batches of that chip and they can all behave differently. Different batches/chips have different VID's (default voltages that the manufacturer says is guaranteed to run at) which can vary a LOT and thus vary the voltage the chip requires to run which can affect the peak overclock. It would take some creative thinking to get a proper ranking going that takes into account GHz or MHz per mV for that VID. This would rank people more properly based upon their skill, and rely less on the luck of the draw of hardware. Now, this site wouldn't be just for CPU's, there's plenty of other hardware to incorporate as well. This site should get really specific with hardware to try and eliminate OEM changes for example, RAM. You can have a model/brand of RAM but the actual chips inside may change with that model's revision and thus the performance changes as well.

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/61454245@N05/
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, June 02, 2010, 04:36:54 AM »
Yeah on alot of the overclocking forums you can get belittled for lack of knowledge and not having the best/newest/fastest hardware. Its sad but it happens. I like the idea of a friendly sensible clocking site and am willing to contribute any time i have to it. 
http://s.postquote.us/uKnight.png[/img][/url]
[CleanMe][/url]
[Photography, The least you should know][/url]
http://kodyhungenberg.500px.com[/url]

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, June 02, 2010, 16:24:37 PM »
Well I think we will need some pipe joints welded for this project :) Thanks for sending someone Skrewy. Mans, do you think this website would be needed and/or do you think there's a niche for it?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, June 02, 2010, 20:22:53 PM »
Yea, I hated that when looking for mine. Everyone is focused on max clock and even taking working settings at an extreme overclock, it's hard to take those and modify them to your own needs. BTW, welcome to the forum :)

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, June 02, 2010, 21:37:57 PM »
Hi, I just wanna let you guys know that I want to focus on this idea we have here. I think we all need to put a little bit more of our time together to get this thing standing up because somehow we've concieved an awesome idea and we all know there is a monetary benefit to this if we do it right. Everybody loves to make a little money on the side :)

Offline Dialects

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, June 06, 2010, 09:32:35 AM »
What has happened to this? Let's get it on, pals, come on!

Stop being the faggot chickens you are and put some work towards it.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, June 06, 2010, 16:27:52 PM »
I want to do it but I don't feel motivated.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, June 06, 2010, 21:40:38 PM »
I thought it was cool, I wouldn't have minded thinking of a system to organize the data and have a dynamic way of displaying it. Thinking isn't hard.

Just wait till you get to doing.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 00:05:18 AM »
I think a spreadsheet would be fine. I'm almost sorry I brought this idea up. I thought I would be more motivated when others liked the idea. It seems cool but a lot of work at the same time. I guess a good start would be to just have a dedicated web folder and mysql database eh? Hmmm, I just checked to see if I could make a database on this domain and let others access it and not my others, didn't really work out.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 00:09:31 AM by Spanky »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager