Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Banks crisis  (Read 8267 times)

Offline Alex

Re: Banks crisis
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 15:50:00 PM »
I've heard the name Romney but couldn't pick him out of a line up.
I don't go republican or democrat. I look up what each guy's stances are on various subjects. That's why I voted Obama. I don't agree with everything but he represented me better than McCain did so... yea.

I don't think I'll continue voting though. I voted Obama and although he did win, my redneck state voted more for McCain so my vote didn't do anything.

Yeah, there are pros and cons to the electoral college system. it was put in place because the average person at the time was deemed too uninformed to make the decisions. It is arguable if that is still the case though. A couple times a president won the popular vote but lost the election due to the electoral college system. The most recent being George W. Bush winning over Al Gore in the 2000 election despite Al Gore winning the popular vote. I didn't register to vote but even if I did, I have no idea who I would pick. the Republican field is a joke and Obama didn't do all too well with his 1 term.

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 16:25:31 PM »
well killaman, guess we'll jus have to agree to disagree... but i just want to add "you dont click on any biased website"...so therefore you dont inform yourself of candidates? or do you just get your info from cnn or fox (dont even think i need to say this, but both, obviously biased). Just saying, look into where candidates stand on issues and hold em to what you support...... and no matter what candidate you look into, you could call their stance biased.

I've heard the name Romney but couldn't pick him out of a line up.
I don't go republican or democrat. I look up what each guy's stances are on various subjects. That's why I voted Obama. I don't agree with everything but he represented me better than McCain did so... yea.

I don't think I'll continue voting though. I voted Obama and although he did win, my redneck state voted more for McCain so my vote didn't do anything. Also, I hate the whole "new president every 4 years" thing. Hiring/firing new people, spending so much on campaigns, it's such a waste. It seems like it takes forever to get anything done.

i agree, I'm discouraged with the electoral voting system to, and I didn't even vote last election, because I didnt like either... I would of went green party....(wish it did go off popular vote, then your vote would count) but i guess recently I found a little hope and will vote if ron paul is on the ballet... otherwise, it just seems that democrats take over where republicans left off and republicans take over where democrats left off.... just never ending.

but glad you atleast took time to look into their stances, more than alot of people do...(especially ones that cant look into it cuz of fear from biased link)
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 16:32:08 PM by soupcakes »
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline Alex

« Reply #32 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 16:34:22 PM »
well killaman, guess we'll jus have to agree to disagree... but i just want to add "you dont click on any biased website"...so therefore you dont inform yourself of candidates? or do you just get your info from cnn or fox (dont even think i need to say this, but both, obviously biased). Just saying, look into where candidates stand on issues and hold em to what you support...... and no matter what candidate you look into, you could call their stance biased.

Well of course, everyone is biased to some degree. Also, I do not watch CNN or Fox News or any of those crappy News programs. I do read articles online though. I would never go to a politician's website to learn what they are about, because they are more inclined to spin the truth than other new organizations. I always look into what the candidates stand for, unfortunately there isn't a single presidential candidate that I completely agree with. I tend to be more of a conservative yet I hate the republican party for their stupid "christian values is the foundation of this country" crap. I like the economic ideals of a smaller government with less social systems (not to the extreme extent of libertarianism though), but I hate their social beliefs. They waste so much time being anti-gay marriage and worrying about "attacks on Christianity" that it is hard to take them seriously.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 19:06:42 PM »
Soup is my new best friend
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager