Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Car rust help  (Read 1477 times)

Offline HellFire

Car rust help
« on: Friday, April 12, 2013, 11:02:01 AM »
Hi, i've got a 03 focus and im starting to get rust around the rear wheel arches. I've checked inside the wheel arch and it seems to be caused by the lip on the inside of the wheel arch, water can travel under the paint on the edge of the lip.
It's minor so far so i can get it repaired but im trying to think of something i can use to fill or cover the inside edge to stop it happening again?

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Car rust help
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 12, 2013, 11:20:06 AM »
There's a product that's like a spray-on bed liner for trucks. Scrub at the rust (after washing the dirt off) with some wire brushes or steel wool then spray on some rubber/plastic stuff. It should outlast the car then. I have no idea what the product's name is but a lot of offroad mudding guys coat the under carriage so it doesn't rust out.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 12, 2013, 15:22:03 PM by Spanky »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 11:20:38 AM »
just drive you car to map SF Extraction, then it blows up maybe and you get a new one from your insurance :D :D
no need to clear all the rust anymore.

or you show your car to a mechanic and he will help you for sure.

Offline HellFire

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 13:48:05 PM »
Yeh that sounds like the type of stuff i was thinking of, i'll ask a garage or something sometime and see if they know more about it.

just drive you car to map SF Extraction, then it blows up maybe and you get a new one from your insurance :D :D
no need to clear all the rust anymore.

Backup plan :)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 15:47:21 PM »
If you find a garage mechanic (not an actual machinist shop or auto repair place), they could remove the rusty parts and weld in a piece of sheet steel and then coat that in bed liner or something. Plenty of people out there that work on small projects, charge dirt cheap and are happy to get creative and help.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager