Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Sleep Paralysis  (Read 1719 times)

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
Sleep Paralysis
« on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 14:36:00 PM »
So before last night, I've never even heard of sleep paralysis... but after experiencing it, had to look it up.

my story is pretty crazy, i woke up at like 5am to some kind of buzzing noise, loud, real loud.... like buzzing isnt the right word... idk, just a weird like, technology sound or somethin... idk, something only robot ears could hear... and i could only hear it in my left ear anyways, i couldnt lift my head, my arms or legs...or even roll over for that matter, i tried pretty hard... to move anything... and was just stuck...i could hear somebody saying my name 3 or 4x, like not with my ears, but inside my head... and eventually i responded with an angry "WHAT!? THE EFF YOU WANT?"(in my head) and it stopped.... i was pretty terrified at this point, couldnt yell or do anything.... and as soon as that weird noise stopped, i could move and everything was kinda normal, felt super exhausted...could of easily went back to sleep but got up to smoke a cig and a bowl and determine wtf just happened.

well ive looked into it a little, some believe its a spirit of an evil old hag that sits on you and holds you down... or some kind of evil something.

Medical experts say its just when your in a state somewhere between being asleep and awake.

not sure what i lean towards, i just know that its definitely weird and kinda lean towards the medical experts being i didnt actually see an evil being or anything....but the weird calling of my name and shit, idk, was too real.... but the whole experience just seems so, abnormal and bizzare.

any opinions on this sort of thing? any similar experience?

You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

Re: Sleep Paralysis
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 14:40:59 PM »
Thats quite scary:/
I think it was a dream, and too much of the computer:) You should have a good rest and see how it goes or just try moving out the house.

Offline (sic)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 14:43:16 PM »
correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure sleep paralysis is closely linked with lucid dreaming (being awake in your dreams and actively controlling them). i've heard that sleep paralysis is pretty terrifying, but i've been trying to lucid dream for a while now and it's just odd that you experienced this last night. you're definitely not the only person to experience this, and i'd discard your statement about the evil spirit thing. but i haven't experienced it so i wouldn't know the intensity of it. fascinating stuff, really.

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 14:51:07 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html   Copied: How can I stop the sleep paralysis?

In severe cases, where episodes take place at least once a week for 6 months, medication may be used.

You may be able to minimize the episodes by following good sleep hygiene:

getting enough sleep
    reduce stress
    exercise regularly (but not too close to bedtime)
    keep a regular sleep schedule

Have a good sleep and rest do some exercises rather sitting all day with computer:)

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 15:25:48 PM »
thanks for quick replies... and i tend to disagree with the evil spirit thing too...being i didnt see one or anything...the only thing thats weird is that voice.... but im 110% sure i was awake during it all, dont get me wrong, i was sleeping before but what woke me up and brought me back in my room was the crazy LOUD 'buzzing' noise...  i could see my room, and the clock on the dresser, lamp ect...my eyes were the only thing that could move... its the first and only time ive ever experienced this...probably the most freaky/ trippy... if it reoccurs ill change somethin in my sleep pattern..... and i immediately got up after that noise stopped, could my body again.

oh ya, sry troll, just wanted to edit:dont think its too much pc either, being as i had some friends from out of state here for the weekend i didnt touch the computer over the weekend...

and im not sure about lucid dreams, i think ive had one in the past (and thats a maybe).... not sure how closely related, but this was the opposite, being awake and not being able to control anything, especially yourself... just lay there awake trippin out waiting for it to stop.... its intense man

« Last Edit: Monday, March 12, 2012, 15:29:42 PM by soupcakes »
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 16:33:18 PM »
happened to me once when I was about seven, I'll never forget it

*EDIT*
I was actually probably much younger than seven. I've decided I was four or five.

honestly the voices I heard weren't talking to me, it was like I was listening in on their conversation. It was definitely in my head though. I still hear the voices when I want to remember them

scary shit

Sleep paralysis is the experience of waking up unable to move and is sometimes associated with narcolepsy.  This eerie experience usually lasts only a few moments, happens in hypnagogic or hypnopompic sleep, and may occur with an experience of pressure on the chest.

-my psych book's definition
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 16:59:47 PM »
I've got a friend who experiences that regularly. Now he just doesn't care when it happens to him.

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 16, 2012, 20:23:38 PM »
Thats quite scary:/
I think it was a dream, and too much of the computer:) You should have a good rest and see how it goes or just try moving out the house.

+1

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager