Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Physics  (Read 2621 times)

Offline MrEpicGoat

• View Profile
  • AA: epic!
Physics
« on: Wednesday, October 15, 2014, 21:06:01 PM »
Hello everybody!

I wanted to start topic about Physics. Physics is absolutely wonderful, it is only the public education that makes you think otherwise.

Here is a video from "Sixty Symbols" channel. This is one of the best channels that make popular physics vids. Here is a sample:

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Physics
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 15, 2014, 21:32:43 PM »
Quantum Mechanics/Physics was one of the few classes in school I actually enjoyed. It was mind blowing and really made you think outside of the box. It's good stuff.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline MrEpicGoat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 15, 2014, 21:41:59 PM »
Quantum Mechanics/Physics was one of the few classes in school I actually enjoyed. It was mind blowing and really made you think outside of the box. It's good stuff.

The point is, you don't have to get into any of the "quantum" stuff, to find real excitement.
As I tried to show by linking this vid, the very seemingly fact of things _touching_ is a mystery, and once you think about it and hear a physicist (Feynman is the best of it), you realize that a mere act of touching is a magic you never really understood.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 15, 2014, 21:51:43 PM »
The point is, you don't have to get into any of the "quantum" stuff, to find real excitement.
As I tried to show by linking this vid, the very seemingly fact of things _touching_ is a mystery, and once you think about it and hear a physicist (Feynman is the best of it), you realize that a mere act of touching is a magic you never really understood.

Sorry for the bad pun but I've touched on that subject before. I didn't watch that particular video (but saved it for later) but I have read discussions about that and it blows your mind. Every aspect of advanced physics is fascinating. They were times I truly enjoyed making my head hurt.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 16, 2014, 04:39:10 AM »
While I didn't watch the video, with me being a physicist, I know there are a lot of interesting phenomena in physics.
Quantum mechanics, with it's uncertainty principle and quantum tunneling is a good example .
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline MrEpicGoat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 16, 2014, 15:02:59 PM »
Quantum mechanics, with it's uncertainty principle and quantum tunneling is a good example .

These one are obvious candidates. But I was trying to make a different point: that also things considered "normal" are fascinating when you start looking at it in detail, even before getting into quantum level.

Offline M@dness

« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 04:11:12 AM »
All the matter that makes up the human race could fit in a sugar cube  :) now that is cool
----Tempus fugit mors venit----

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager