Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Palm Armor  (Read 1415 times)

Jared

Palm Armor
« on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 12:33:35 PM »
Hey,

Just wanted to post a bit about a project I have been working on. I recently built my first shopping cart in php, this was a fun thing for me and wanted to just talk a bit about it. I first started this project about 6 months ago. As I this was the first time I have built a shopping cart I was doing some massive reading in books and tuts online. So I came to the conclusion that most shopping carts run everything off of session ( Session support in PHP consists of a way to preserve certain data across subsequent accesses. ) So I built this cart and ran everything off of sessions, so I had sessions for the cart, items, qty, price of item, total price; as the cart got deeper into the checkout process more sessions where added. It took me about a month to get it all up and running. At that time the client didn't have the means of finishing the cart. About a month ago, the client was ready to start working on the cart again, I was excited until I looked at the code, and I was like wtf is that, why did I do this and so forth. Come to find out something happened with the code and it no longer worked I was so bummed, I busted my ass on this and now it doesn't work. At that time my mentor ( and boss )that's a CMFL programmer like well, I can code this in CFML if you want me to or you, or you can code it but it has to be done in 3 days. Since this was my boss I took the challenge of building this cart in 3 days.

After starting this new shopping cart and talking with my mentor we decided that we are going to stay away from sessions, ( not totally tho ) but we are going to make this cart faster and more scalable. When day 3 hit I had a fully functioning shopping cart with only using 1 session thats right 1 session thats not even an array, everything else is running from mysql. This new cart is almost 100% percent faster than the cart using session, and thus has created a checkout process that so far 100% ROI with 0% bounce rating for someone that enters the checkout process. I just felt really proud of this and wanted to share the story with you.

The company I did this for is called Palm Armor they came up with a product that stops you from getting blisters on your hands. It was first made for motorcycle riders that get blister but soon farmers and other people started using them and it has taken off from there.  You can read about their product and how it works here, http://www.palmarmor.com/index.php?p=works

Also you can check out the cart I built for them here, http://www.palmarmor.com/index.php?p=store

I think this is the longest post I have ever typed.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Palm Armor
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 15:30:47 PM »
Wow, what a unique product. As far as the site, you really know efficiency. It's probably the fastest cart/store code I've seen as a user. I'm quite impressed.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Jared

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 16:57:20 PM »
Thanks man, I have been working on it a lot. I'm still working on improving it, with user registration and order history etc.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 17:06:56 PM »
Pretty fast cart you got there. It works as fast as I can move the mouse.

Jared

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 18:21:26 PM »
thanks!!

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/61454245@N05/
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 17:36:35 PM »
Jared your cart is awesome, I just had to deal with the Dell.com cart and yours is 10x faster. Nice job.
http://s.postquote.us/uKnight.png[/img][/url]
[CleanMe][/url]
[Photography, The least you should know][/url]
http://kodyhungenberg.500px.com[/url]

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 08:07:47 AM »
Nice site, i bet screwy will buy them all and you would be out of stock.
BlueBlaster: Dann called him a vertically-​challenged nigger.

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 03, 2011, 09:08:12 AM »
i only got 2 hands mister you dumbfucken retard

Dear screwy i am quite sure you missed the point, so i will explain it.

By constan friction those palm armor, will wear down till you got nothing left, i bet you dont want hair to grow on your hand....
BlueBlaster: Dann called him a vertically-​challenged nigger.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #8 on: Monday, January 03, 2011, 14:35:17 PM »
disregarded

Discarded would have been a better choice.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager