Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Punkbuster issues  (Read 187810 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: Punkbuster issues
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, March 09, 2021, 12:33:44 PM »
as i can see, there is no help to get this problem fixed. i wish you all luck, not to many kicks and a good game.
i am out, bye

Offline TomHighway64

« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 13:11:02 PM »
Every problem has a solution , if there isnt a solution there isnt a problem . Any one else any ideas?!

Offline -caP!taL1sm..

« Reply #107 on: Monday, May 03, 2021, 17:47:32 PM »
I'm having this problem as well, what are the current steps to solve it? I tried doing Fix PB to no avail

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 04:47:02 AM »
Punkbuster is essentially dated software and it's aging badly. I guess some recent Windows update messed up with the core functions, breaking it for the most part.

Offline Quantum777

« Reply #109 on: Sunday, May 16, 2021, 03:25:48 AM »
Hey,

Have you guys checked your antivir quarantine? Mine cleaned two pb dll files and quarantined them. It just flashed quickly so I was lucky to see it. I allowed them and I dont have any issues.

Offline Energie19850324

« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 16:55:44 PM »
Any update on this? I still cant play because of PB fail (laptop, ssd, win10, no firewall, no antivir)

Offline Quantum777

« Reply #111 on: Sunday, May 23, 2021, 04:35:38 AM »
Windows 10 has Windows Firewall and Windows Defender antivir

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 00:40:53 AM »
Windows 10 has Windows Firewall and Windows Defender antivir

funny on 1 hard ssd drive i have windows 10 not 1 problem with pb kicking lol,, then again been awhile since i played

also nice to have a free ssd with windows 7 on it lol

Offline LegionQC

« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 00:45:40 AM »
The -=LGC=- the community has been working multiple last days trying to figure out this problem we are currently compiling multiple awnsers and possible solutions listed here and on other websites and games to try to fix this pb issues. It seems like there is ways that work but don't work for others its a really weird problem but we are determined to get to it we have multiple people per day trying to mess with it and figure it out. If you would like to contribute to the think tank and see whatever possible solutions we have gathered so far just join our discord. We will get the end of this pb issues we will take whatever it takes

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 16:05:14 PM »
I'd like to note that copying the pnkbstr files to my system32 folder fixed my PB Restriction kick :)

Offline Komalt

• View Profile
  • AA: Komalt
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 22:34:31 PM »
That solution also worked for me.  Found on LGC discord server: go to your c:\windows\sysWOW64 directory and copy the following files to c:\windows\system32 and restart: [PnkBstrA.exe PnkBstrB.ex0 PnkBstrB.exe PnkBstrB.xtr]

Offline TomHighway64

« Reply #116 on: Thursday, September 23, 2021, 11:56:48 AM »
Tried this still the same Kick :-((

Offline Nateoxide

« Reply #117 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 17:59:03 PM »
UPDATE:

System: Windows 11 Pro
Americas Army Working
Punk Buster Not kicking me.
Files will be uploaded that i use.

MAKE SURE YOU PUT THESE FILES IN THE EXACT PLACE I HAVE THEM.

FOLDER 1 ASSIST25 Folder one on the desktop
FOLDER 2 ASSIST25 APPDATA ROAMING Make sure its copied to that folder location picture will be uploaded.
I also Right clicked on Assist properties compatibility forced to run as admin and Run under windows XP service pack 2!

Let me know how you go.

:style: :style: :style: :style: :style: :style: :style:

May or may not work for windows 10.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ebakyDQyn3XtzcMzNy3aaq0HzZkZYOPl?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: Friday, September 24, 2021, 18:06:03 PM by Nateoxide »

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 17:00:15 PM »
A user on discord (c00mbeast) proposed this as a "consistent fix"

CONSISTENT PUNKBUSTER FIX
1- go to your "add or remove programs" and uninstall Punkbuster

2- Go to your system32 and syswow64 folder and delete your remaining PB files (should be PnkBsterB.exe, PnkBsterB.xtr, PnkBsterA.exe, pbservice) Delete ALL pknbster files.
(make sure no instances of punkbuster are running in your task manager)

3- Navigate to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\25Assist and delete the punkbuster exe in there (should be pbservice.exe or something like that)

4- restart your computer

5- launch 25assist and DO NOT USE THE FIX PB OPTION

6- join the server you want that has PB the server will install PB for you into the appropriate folder.
(DO NOT MOVE THE PB FILES INTO YOUR SYSTEM32 FOLDER MANUALLY)

this has worked for me consistently, I learned that any other games that install PB tend to break AAO25
If you launch or install another game that also installs or updates PB there is a high likelihood that it will break your AAO25 PB again. Simply repeat the steps above.
(if for some reason you cant find a server that will install PB, try the LGC servers)
This has worked consistently for me 3 times after I had installed other games with PB that updated/broke AAO25's pb
(if for some reason you cant find a server that will consistently install it, try the LGC servers)
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Missionary

« Reply #119 on: Friday, January 21, 2022, 19:41:54 PM »
Hey all, just downloaded Assist the other day. I tried the fix above and I'm still having the same issue as others. After doing the Add/Remove Programs, I even run a search for ALL files on my PC starting with "pb", "punk", and "pnk", deleting anything that's related to Punkbuster. Even after doing this the 25Assist window says PB is still installed. I join the LGC servers with the hope it will install PB correctly, but I always end up getting kicked. I'd really love to start playing AA 2.5 again, but it seems Punkbuster does not want to let me  :(.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager