Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY

Author Topic: Can't join games - "AA25" is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated  (Read 3820 times)

Offline Thurrdome

Can't join games - "AA25" is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated
« on: Wednesday, October 30, 2019, 20:52:48 PM »
I can login and go to the "Deploy" section just fine, but whenever I try to join a server it gives me the caution message in the subject of the thread - AA25 is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated.

Any ideas on how to proceed? Thanks guys

Offline Thurrdome

Re: Can't join games - "AA25" is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 14:12:37 PM »
Update - I updated my mac to 10.15 Catalina, and now I can't even open Assist at all :( I'm guessing because it's 32 bit and Catalina went entirely 64 bit? Do I have any way to play my favorite FPS Anymore?

Offline hitman

Re: Can't join games - "AA25" is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 14:35:15 PM »
What does terminal say if you launch it in it?

Offline Thurrdome

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 18:07:35 PM »
What does terminal say if you launch it in it?

Hitman, how would I open it with terminal?

Offline hitman

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 20:24:33 PM »
Use cd to navigate to the directory and then write "./25Assist" I guess! (don't have Mac to confirm)

Hitman, how would I open it with terminal?

Offline [F.U.N]Cpt

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 22:32:37 PM »
install windump ;)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 01, 2019, 09:39:51 AM »
AA2.5 is 32 bit.

I'm not sure how the fruit company's OS works, but if there's no 32bit compatibility, I'm afraid AA2.5/25Assist won't run on it without virtualization.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Thurrdome

« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 01, 2019, 23:41:00 PM »
AA2.5 is 32 bit.

I'm not sure how the fruit company's OS works, but if there's no 32bit compatibility, I'm afraid AA2.5/25Assist won't run on it without virtualization.

That's what I feared...so dual booting my "fruit company" laptop would be the only way to make it work?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, November 03, 2019, 04:53:03 AM »
That's what I feared...so dual booting my "fruit company" laptop would be the only way to make it work?
You could also probably run another OS in a virtual machine. But neither approach is ideal, I'm afraid.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Download Server Manager