Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Hosting my own server  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Rufus Ruffcut

Hosting my own server
« on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 07:31:29 AM »
Hey everyone

I played AA2 a long time ago and recently got it working again via AA2 Assist 2.5. Although there are no Australian servers so I'm wondering if there's a way to host your own server to play with friends. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Hosting my own server
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 10:38:45 AM »
Easiest way is to head on to the download section on this page and download the Assist Server Manager.

Then just press "Start new server" before doing anything else and after that most things should be self-explanatory.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Joe Bleggs

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 22:49:49 PM »
Hey Teddy

I seem to be having a problem with the assist server manager as I keep getting the message "an exception of class OutOfBoundsException was not handled. The application must shut down". This error comes up when I try and make a server or if I click within the application more than a few times.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 00:34:41 AM »
Click "Create a new Server"

Offline Rufus Ruffcut

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 04:11:29 AM »
Hey :)
I dont want to spam the post, but I've got it all working fine with my server up and running. But when I try to join it it says "ERROR: No record of this Game server on the Assist Master Server, Cannot Authorise, Please try joining another server".

In the command prompt thats running detailing the stats of the server etc it says "AuthOK 60.224.227.23" - my ip. I'm confused. Sorry if it's actually simple and I'm and idiot. Any help would be great.
Thanks

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 04:43:56 AM »
I'm not really an expert on this.

However, there are sometimes problems joining your own server (NAT loopback or something like that). Did you try having someone else join the server?
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 07:12:10 AM »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 08:11:24 AM »
you have to install the server part at another folder. be sure you did not installed it on the same location as you client software is installed.

good luck.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager