Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: TRACK Back modded server?  (Read 13082 times)

Offline HANG_JEBAT

• View Profile
TRACK Back modded server?
« on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 06:58:21 AM »
Can we track back modded server?. Please.. we together keeping this game alive. Its doesnt matter Modded or old school lover, we play & keep playing because we love this game so much!.

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: TRACK Back modded server?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 07:48:53 AM »
Its good like it is now

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 08:14:44 AM »
DON T SAY THAT DON T DO THAT becose JHONNY will com back agan !!!!
  to kill agan the best part of the game  :D you see now we have already to muts players for all the servers people have to wait to long to get into a server.  :cry:

Can we track back modded server?. Please.. we together keeping this game alive. Its doesnt matter Modded or old school lover, we play & keep playing because we love this game so much!.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 08:16:32 AM by Vanoke »

Offline HANG_JEBAT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 10:35:43 AM »
Kinda bored playing just normal game... i can't get a sniper rifle, i completed training in 2005, it's boring to start over. I stopped playing 2006, when i back i need to restart all over.

To admin: I have one issue to u guys fix it up. When i pick up sniper gun from dead body. It's say 'im not qualified to advanced marksman' &, my weapon changed to M4, with 4 grenades, 2 smoke, 2 flash.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 11:09:18 AM »
Admins won't make any changes, the final answer is decided before releasing the old school gameplay as you all say ''normal mode''.
But to be honest I would like to encourage admins to re think and maybe to return the modded gameplay with tracked scoring and honor system.

It was said many times before, people play on the gameplay they like, they can play normal or modded, it's up to them, they decide. It wont hurt to players, they can choose what to play. But the training idea is great. The training must be to approve your achievements of playing the game by earning weapon class, or by earning to be a medic on the battlefield.

Offline HANG_JEBAT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 11:38:09 AM »

It was said many times before, people play on the gameplay they like, they can play normal or modded, it's up to them, they decide. It wont hurt to players, they can choose what to play. But the training idea is great. The training must be to approve your achievements of playing the game by earning weapon class, or by earning to be a medic on the battlefield.

Agreed.. 1000%.  :up:

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 12:22:47 PM »
When modding was allowed, it dominated the game and player counts went downhill as those that remembered classic gameplay came back and then left. Before people figured out how to add mods to Assist, we were having days with 220-250+ players online at a given time.

I think it's pretty fair the way it is now. The devs discouraged mods and yet we still allow them, just untracked. That also ensures tracker integrity as there's mods that mess with points. You apparently enjoy tracking, if you play legitimate on a SF-Mod server, aren't you going to be a bit pissed that someone is allowed on the same level to choose RPG each round, camp and get a better tracker than you?

HANG_JEBAT, as far as your training goes, you probably didn't have a BattleTracker account before January 2012 did you?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 12:33:03 PM »

Your question implies taking back the personal stats tracking for modded gameplay. Modded servers are still available through the server list, you can still authenticate through the system and play on them. How can it be not enough? Why are personal stats so important?

Offline Ilmari

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 12:36:24 PM »
LOL!! Just keep the servers like they are with NORMAL GUNs!!! Modding ruins the game !! :)

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 12:38:33 PM »
LOL!! Just keep the servers like they are with NORMAL GUNs!!! Modding ruins the game !! :)

This post reminds me, we had a vote about this too. Unlike you say ArmyAntiCheat, we asked the users what they thought.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 13:50:54 PM »
We only make the game better, and that we (REALY) dominated the game that time i don`t know but if its so than it tells sumthing about the people the choose for it

But becose 1 ore 2 admins of assist were  key figures  and had a diffrent meaning about the gameplay than the rest, they try to eliminate us on a very dirty way they say we juse not aloud cheats ore hacks and thats ( also not true,)  its not the right word for it. and i try to tell it in one word but i can`t becose its a sick situation. 
Its a game were are we are talking over, its not so hard the people have brains they choose for the game they like.

Oke but the make it even whit regular servers they come up whit that popup for the modded servers!..???

in that time 2012  January  when we had  200 ore 250 =PUF= clan had also mods in it, and one of the first clans that had openslots also a good part of MODS . we build to on this community a lot time we had to 26 happy players that time. we dit our best and we get shit back.!!

And  don t tell me that its becose mods that we have less players here!!

We had AA4    -    Update problems    -     And the guy we can t speak of.

And we never mess whit point Not the good modded servers !!

And that vote whit that few people that vote was not representative for the total becose only the cryers were on forum everytime .

When modding was allowed, it dominated the game and player counts went downhill as those that remembered classic gameplay came back and then left. Before people figured out how to add mods to Assist, we were having days with 220-250+ players online at a given time.

I think it's pretty fair the way it is now. The devs discouraged mods and yet we still allow them, just untracked. That also ensures tracker integrity as there's mods that mess with points. You apparently enjoy tracking, if you play legitimate on a SF-Mod server, aren't you going to be a bit pissed that someone is allowed on the same level to choose RPG each round, camp and get a better tracker than you?

HANG_JEBAT, as far as your training goes, you probably didn't have a BattleTracker account before January 2012 did you?
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 13:56:47 PM by Vanoke »

Offline HANG_JEBAT

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 15:46:39 PM »
I'm old players... just back a few month ago... This game less populate because there's a lot of game out there.
Why u guys not support players having fun while it last???.. it going to die someday.. before its buried let us play & enjoy it. It will become a good memory to all of us... people can choose what server they wanna play. If u guys listen to what normal players want, what about us???. We are AA2.X players too.. we love this game as much as others. Even modded server are paid too, they not get it for free... As some people said if don't like 2.5 Assist, uninstall it.. It was the same, If dont like modded server, play on normal servers. I'm pretty sure players will have fun as long they can play AA2.
Players come back not because of normal mod, players come back because they got the message from community saying this game still alive, just like me...

As a normal players wanna get his stats, we want it also to maximize our satisfactions playing games...

Offline Ganja

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 16:06:10 PM »
I'm old players... just back a few month ago... This game less populate because there's a lot of game out there.
Why u guys not support players having fun while it last???.. it going to die someday.. before its buried let us play & enjoy it. It will become a good memory to all of us... people can choose what server they wanna play. If u guys listen to what normal players want, what about us???. We are AA2.X players too.. we love this game as much as others. Even modded server are paid too, they not get it for free... As some people said if don't like 2.5 Assist, uninstall it.. It was the same, If dont like modded server, play on normal servers. I'm pretty sure players will have fun as long they can play AA2.
Players come back not because of normal mod, players come back because they got the message from community saying this game still alive, just like me...

As a normal players wanna get his stats, we want it also to maximize our satisfactions playing games...

It should more sound like: You don't like the normal gameplay? Uninstall. But no, there was a compromise being made, which still alows you people to play on modded server. You can still have fun and have memories ... If you were a true lover of the game, you wouldn't be so angry about tracker ...

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 16:13:52 PM »
I'm a reasonable guy. If you think this deserves re-thinking then let's try a few things;

1. State which mods you would like to use, what features of those mods you like to use. Upload them and share them with us.
2. Let's agree on a happy medium.
3. Put that happy medium to a vote and get people to come here to vote.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 16:15:58 PM »
  i am angry about that Cheaters ore hacker words
you can have all mods np play on my server nothing wrong whit it

But if you do a fun round you need more but there are fun round for
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 16:55:03 PM by Vanoke »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager