Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Server starting problem  (Read 8124 times)

Offline H.Blacksmith

Re: Server starting problem
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, March 06, 2014, 17:11:06 PM »
Well, as i expected it didn't help. I'm going crazy, dudes. It shows me the loading screen of the level, then nothing happens for about 2 min., than punk buster kicks me (no packet flow).
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 06, 2014, 17:15:13 PM by H.Blacksmith »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #16 on: Friday, March 07, 2014, 04:41:33 AM »
what internet connection do you have ?
looks like a shaky one.
wifi ?

Offline H.Blacksmith

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 08, 2014, 07:53:56 AM »
Nope Sir! It's connected to the network cable and the network speed is high enough. I never had any problems with it.

Offline H.Blacksmith

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 08, 2014, 13:24:58 PM »
Ok, i found out that others can join my server without any problems. Its only me who cant join. PunkBuster is still telling me that there is 'no packet flow'. Is there another way to join? Could it be that a change of the process ID may help?

EDIT: It doesn't. I suspect that it is not possible to run a server and join it with the same IP.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 08, 2014, 15:19:01 PM by H.Blacksmith »

Offline H.Blacksmith

« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 10:37:08 AM »
Fellows, thanks for trying to help me but i'm bitterly disappointed. After trying all your suggestions to solve this problem and wasting hours of my precious time, there is still no solution. This isn't my first AAO server i'm trying to start but i never had such problems to get it started properly. So i'm not a newbe. Do you have any better suggestions than forwarding ports, firewall setups or changing default ports? I already know these methods since years and i wouldn't ask you if they would lead to success. I thought you guys were experts. Don't you have any other ideas?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 11:17:52 AM »
do you use multiple ip addresses - given from your provider?
if so, mayby try to activate the multihome part.

and maybe you can say precise what you have at home. a router - give ip from wan, a switch?, one or two computers? which ip's ... would help us.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 10, 2014, 12:43:01 PM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline Nick

• Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 11:42:15 AM »
Fellows, thanks for trying to help me but i'm bitterly disappointed. After trying all your suggestions to solve this problem and wasting hours of my precious time, there is still no solution. This isn't my first AAO server i'm trying to start but i never had such problems to get it started properly. So i'm not a newbe. Do you have any better suggestions than forwarding ports, firewall setups or changing default ports? I already know these methods since years and i wouldn't ask you if they would lead to success. I thought you guys were experts. Don't you have any other ideas?

If you have issues still you can always toss me a PM and I can get you setup with a custom hosted solution.

Offline H.Blacksmith

« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 13:01:58 PM »
do you use multiple ip addresses - given from your provider?
if so, mayby try to activate the multihome part.

I tried that already but maybe i did something wrong. What numbers would you suggest to use for it? I used the IP that my rooter assigned to the machine running the server.
Btw i try to run server and client on the same machine. Do you think that could be a problem? I always did it that way but maybe something changed since v8.09. Therefore i did run the server from a seperate machine but it didn't help. I couldn't join the server. There is still that 'no packet flow' thing from PB.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 10, 2014, 16:42:16 PM by H.Blacksmith »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 06:09:48 AM »
disable multihome - set it to 0.0.0.0 like the default is. this is only needed if you have more then one wan ip's.

i guess you have a problem with the port forwarding part. as it looks like you did all right with the server itself. but you have a problem with your ports for your self. this looks to me like portforwarding problems.
do you have the same problem on the computer where the server is running. there you should be able to join, right?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 06:14:03 AM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline H.Blacksmith

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 11:18:11 AM »
That's right. Both server running computer and separate computer they have the same problems while joining the server. So it's not a problem to run server and client on the same machine, huh? Hmmmm! I'm gonna check port forwarding once again. In another post you said that you just forwarded 1716-1718 and 2716-2718, right? Do you use one computer for both server and client as well?

*EDIT*
After turning off my routers firewall completely i finally could join. So indeed it is a port forwarding problem. F**k me  :oops:! But what ports does it need additionally? I dont want to turn off my firewall all the time. Ports 1716-1718 and 2716-2718 are forwarded.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 20:19:08 PM by H.Blacksmith »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 11:59:18 AM »
if your server is running on port 2716 ( and then also 2717, 2718) you only have to open theese UDP ports for the server part. then it should work.

i do have a server running on that port and i only had to opend the ports like i did write above. and yes, you really should not disable your firewall :D

good luck

btw: you also can run two servers and the client on the same computer without any problems. only use different ports and process-id's
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 12:00:59 PM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 18:40:07 PM »
That's right. Both server running computer and separate computer they have the same problems while joining the server. So it's not a problem to run server and client on the same machine, huh? Hmmmm! I'm gonna check port forwarding once again. In another post you said that you just forwarded 1716-1718 and 2716-2718, right? Do you use one computer for both server and client as well?

*EDIT*
After turning off my rooters firewall completely i finally could join. So indeed it is a port forwarding problem. F**k me  :oops:! But what ports does it need additionally? I dont want to turn off my firewall all the time. Ports 1716-1718 and 2716-2718 are forwarded.
Whats your router(or u rly meant rooter, I'm not good with English lol) model?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 18:43:09 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline H.Blacksmith

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 20:21:46 PM »
It's called 'Speedport W 700V'.

Offline -{GcC}-Bockmist

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 10:22:21 AM »
hi blacksmith
it looks like a internal communication problem. you said that other people can join your server when they come from WAN.
your router probably has the problem, that he throw away internal requests to your wan ip. from wan to wan ip he forward the requests.
the w700 has a function named "standardserver" or "dmz standardserver" i dont know. you can test with the adress of your aa server. with this function your router forward all packages where he doesn't know what to do with them to your "standardserver". it's not really a safety solution, but bether than turn off the firewall..
i read that this function is not in all firmware versions of your router. have a look in your config if you find this option...
Fight or join (only german or siwss german speaking) us:

[email protected]

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 08:20:13 AM »
ok, i did read your routers manual now.
1.  for the pc you are running the aa2 server - swich off the dhcp konfig and set the ip manualy, do not   
     use dhcp.
2. go "Netzwerk/NAT/Port Weiterleitung/Regel Definition" - (Network/NAT/Port forwarding/Rules Def..)
    make new rule/entry like this "aa2-1726" and set the port UDP 2716-2718 (with that -). then activate
    this rule for the pc the aa2 server is running.
3. go "Netzwerk/NAT/Port-?ffnung" - (Network/NAT/Port)
    make a new rule/entry for trigger port 2716 UDP to UDP 2716. do this for 2717 and 2718 also.
this should work. gool luck.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 08:52:52 AM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager