yes
1632 (63.6%)
no
351 (13.7%)
dont know
583 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: Thursday, July 18, 2013, 17:35:43 PM

Author Topic: mods on servers  (Read 16460 times)

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
  • AA: Banned
Re: mods on servers
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 09:56:47 AM »
Mods brought back because some people cant live without them

Offline makerpro

« Reply #31 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 10:23:28 AM »
dude we cant play with mods too! just because some nubs mod still! please stop modded servers!

Offline zoxee

« Reply #32 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 10:27:36 AM »
the only argument in favor of mods i could bear is that considering the huge diversity
of other games out there, mods did bring some change to the game.
When you think twice, going through the years only with an M16 and two frags is not really
appealing to youngsters of the "iPhone" generation who are used to swap, shift and switch
everything and are constantly blown away with 3D animations and colorful content.

But our purpose is elsewhere. We know how great the game was when it came out and
to be able to promote its true magic, we have to stick to the basics, to how
the game was when it managed to fascinate so many of us. So competing with other current
games is not our goal (we couldn't do it anyway), all we want is to promote AA2 how it was,
plain and naked (unmodded).

And i can prove that mods will ultimately kill this game : Take PACMAN, the most played game
of all times. Well it worked so well that they brought out PACMAN 3D, but it turned out to be a loser.
Why ? because it wasn't the same game anymore. Yeah it was pimped, in 3D, more colorful,
but it simply wasn't PACMAN anymore.

Think about it.
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline OpiumOpi

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 10:33:29 AM »
stop the mods !
Welcum Back...

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 10:53:08 AM »
Admins should shut down assist for one or two hours with some kind of warning for players come to here and vote. The forum users are always the same, and all of us know each other opinion about mods, we should do something to make the majority of players express them selfs.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #35 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 11:15:12 AM »
so no need to do so anymore. release 2.8.5 and
- radar back
- open slots back
- chatlogs back
so i would be happy with this. nice would be to vote for maps, but this is not a must for me.
so finaly you do know now what i think about. but do not forget, all (almost) of us are adults and therefor we can choose by ourself which server to play on. modded or not.
thank you

btw: why do you then accept the built in multiplayer cheats on the rule tab of the game (enable/disable)? strange for me. so you must take that also out of the game with the new release, right
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 12:18:04 PM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #36 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 11:18:30 AM »
ROFL! it was supposed to be the opposite, typos everywhere..

catched you :D

Offline Bart!

« Reply #37 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 12:03:29 PM »
Why are people so blind! Using mods on this game destroys its very essence, It takes away what is special about it and if it doesn't have that special something anymore then why play it? It was supposed to be a attempt at a realistic battle simulation and that is why people loved it! People do not come to AA for a fast paced arcade game. People who want mods do not care about this game and the people who have taken it on themselves to preserve this game should do more to stop it. when will people open their eyes and listen to come to realise the damage they are doing.
Totally agree.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 12:22:43 PM »
Please stop the mods just for a while and you will see the game grow!
Mods have been around a long time now and you can all see player numbers in decline, all I ask is you give us the chance to prove that without mods things will get better.

Why are people so blind! Using mods on this game destroys its very essence, It takes away what is special about it and if it doesn't have that special something anymore then why play it? It was supposed to be a attempt at a realistic battle simulation and that is why people loved it! People do not come to AA for a fast paced arcade game. People who want mods do not care about this game and the people who have taken it on themselves to preserve this game should do more to stop it. when will people open their eyes and listen to come to realise the damage they are doing.

Quoted because people need to see this.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 12:23:26 PM »
if admins care about the game they must show it and support unmodded gameplay. Does the mods give you realistic game?nope, was it the main objective by previous devs or even an objective to do mods? nope was it to compete with other games? nope

So..., to make the game as a purpose to see what it means to be in the real army?, realism and the aim of purpose to see what is the army? correct:)

To kill the enemy with a rifle is harder. You can kill easily with the modded guns.
RPG,GP,G,SF,NADE is bad on the bridge map for example...you get naded in first 5 sec... and you call this realistic game and fair? Just sad ^^
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 12:30:10 PM by IGC Wolf^ »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 12:57:21 PM »
To kill the enemy with a rifle is harder. You can kill easily with the modded guns.
RPG,GP,G,SF,NADE is bad on the bridge map for example...you get naded in first 5 sec... and you call this realistic game and fair? Just sad ^^

Another topic for discussion would be ways these kinds of issues could be fixed. I know for a fact that I can get rid of this problem in an elegant way. Basically, you lower the "roof" of the map down to a point where the fog still obscures it but 203's can still hit it. Right now, it's super tall so you can arc 203's across the map. When the 203 hits the low roof, there's a surface property in the editor called Delete Projectiles and when a 203 hits the surface, it doesn't explode, it just disappears. The map isn't change dramatically, you can still fire from tower to tower, just not huge arcs like across the map.

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 13:16:04 PM »
Sounds great:)

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #42 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 14:43:04 PM »
As is stated elsewhere a good solution for both sides would be to keep it as it was since years:
ForceClass = Get your points cut in half

Offline zoxee

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 15:00:06 PM »
Another topic for discussion would be ways these kinds of issues could be fixed. I know for a fact that I can get rid of this problem in an elegant way. Basically, you lower the "roof" of the map down to a point where the fog still obscures it but 203's can still hit it. Right now, it's super tall so you can arc 203's across the map. When the 203 hits the low roof, there's a surface property in the editor called Delete Projectiles and when a 203 hits the surface, it doesn't explode, it just disappears. The map isn't change dramatically, you can still fire from tower to tower, just not huge arcs like across the map.

do it bro, do it.
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager