Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Server mods  (Read 3342 times)

Offline Lewinsky

Server mods
« on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 03:46:10 AM »
Hey! I was wondering if you could use mods in servers, is that okay or does it get me banned? Found this UltimateMod for 2.5, so can I use it? Would be so cool to have instant respawn and high jump.  :D

Offline alechko1

• View Profile
Re: Server mods
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 04:11:55 AM »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 05:37:01 AM »
ultimate mod do not work with assist. you can do it without assist, but then no honors at all

Offline =SKUL=SherminatorPT

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 07:59:29 AM »
Hey! I was wondering if you could use mods in servers, is that okay or does it get me banned? Found this UltimateMod for 2.5, so can I use it? Would be so cool to have instant respawn and high jump.  :D
Respawn makes people camp near enemy spawn waiting to get easy kills and hight jumps turn the game full of roof/ buildings campers! The game is fun and realistic as it is.
Want respawn, play batlefield want hight jumps play cs or unreal T.

Offline Mike Mentzer

• don't change old maps!! Give noobs not a chance!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 09:40:05 AM »
Respawn makes people camp near enemy spawn waiting to get easy kills and hight jumps turn the game full of roof/ buildings campers! The game is fun and realistic as it is.

well said I 100% agree with you there is America's army 2xx and there is the other games for kids IMO.
Nice some Ass licking around   ((_) :censored: D :P (_o_) :P

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 09:52:14 AM »
Mods available on your server, not all of them as I think. If you run any kind of mod, your server is not tracked and players playing in your server won't receive their honor as it is advantage in points with easy kills.

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 12:37:35 PM »
Mods available on your server, not all of them as I think. If you run any kind of mod, your server is not tracked and players playing in your server won't receive their honor as it is advantage in points with easy kills.
I know that, but moded servers grow boring fast, and i think it makes people get bored of the game and quit, holdshool players will always like non moded servers.
Lets not kill this game again

Offline Ganja

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 12:46:30 PM »

well said I 100% agree with you there is America's army 2xx and there is the other games for kids IMO.

It's easy to say when it doesn't concern you. Both of you are hospital players, where mods doesn't even work so how can you judge ...

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 13:51:50 PM »
It's easy to say when it doesn't concern you. Both of you are hospital players, where mods doesn't even work so how can you judge ...
I play a lot of border, wich in PUF server mods were enabled, and it was full of roof building campers, tree campers, fone line runners around.
I'm sry but it may fun 2 or 3 days but soon gets boring.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 14:20:07 PM »
Mods what is that!!

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 14:44:34 PM »
Anyways in quick answer to sum everything up:

Mods will never be tracked unless something changes after couple years or more.
You can play mods, but your honor for Battle tracker won't be tracked as everyone else's.

Offline zombax

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 09:43:11 AM »
Its ok to play without being tracked, the problem is when you are still tracked in time, but any kill won't count... So your kills per hour rate will decrease as you playing on moded servers. It is misleading tracker. You choose to track it OR not at all right?

Sherminator speaking in the name of "oldschool" gamers lol thats a good one. I had a lot of fun on both regular and moded servers along my 8 years playing, and it asks more skills to master each weapon of this game, rather than using your m4a1 whole year long.
Also keep in mind that this is a game and some people will camp with or WITHOUT mods

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 10:25:52 AM »
Its ok to play without being tracked, the problem is when you are still tracked in time, but any kill won't count... So your kills per hour rate will decrease as you playing on moded servers. It is misleading tracker. You choose to track it OR not at all right?

Sherminator speaking in the name of "oldschool" gamers lol thats a good one. I had a lot of fun on both regular and moded servers along my 8 years playing, and it asks more skills to master each weapon of this game, rather than using your m4a1 whole year long.
Also keep in mind that this is a game and some people will camp with or WITHOUT mods
Certain mods will improve the total amount of campers though. For example a map like Bridge Crossing with SF gives camping a whole new meaning...

Offline Ganja

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 10:41:37 AM »
Certain mods will improve the total amount of campers though. For example a map like Bridge Crossing with SF gives camping a whole new meaning...

Like a good player should know all maps, a good player should use all guns. Giving sf on bridge, who cares, bridge is a camper map ...

Offline HellFire

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 12:20:11 PM »
Like a good player should know all maps, a good player should use all guns. Giving sf on bridge, who cares, bridge is a camper map ...

Yeh, but it requires skill to be accurate with iron sights which makes camping pointless if your not accurate, whereas with a scope it a piece of piss so in reality sf will promote camping.
Plus theres the whole predicament with 203 dropshots all over the place for the first 3 minutes of every round, hardly realistic  :style:

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager