Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: How can I disable Warning Info's  (Read 4198 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: How can I disable Warning Info's
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, December 03, 2013, 02:32:28 AM »
your accuracy will be non-existent.
This is (to my knowledge at least) not the case in AA, where your accuracy stays pretty much the same.

Exactly. Much easier to disallow shooting while going prone (and reflects training in real life) than to try and code the game to give you almost no accuracy while going prone. I've not been through military training but I would imagine they would say don't fire unless you have good control of your weapon and assurance of what you're targeting. Of course, FUBAR situations come up so if you're trying to lay down suppression fire, it doesn't matter much.

Point is, players actively exploit this "feature" to where they retain accuracy yet they themselves are much harder to hit. It's much like the dolphin dive in BF2;

http://youtu.be/2m1DogclBfs?t=8s
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline alechko1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, December 03, 2013, 03:22:32 AM »
Soldiers in real life, usually shoot the ground by mistake while trying to prone and shoot at the same time. It is dangerous and can harm you, thus it's forbidden in training. But in real battle, no one gives a damn rally.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, December 03, 2013, 03:47:40 AM »
Soldiers in real life, usually shoot the ground by mistake while trying to prone and shoot at the same time. It is dangerous and can harm you, thus it's forbidden in training. But in real battle, no one gives a damn rally.
Yes.
And like you said, you'd accidentally shoot the ground, or maybe anywhere else, but you would, with high probability, not hit the target you're trying to hit.
But in this here game, you could hit the other player pretty much as good as standing still, which is simply unrealistic.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Mixk

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, December 03, 2013, 15:33:13 PM »
not to get to much farther off topic here but you were never trained nor is it even possible to jump around corners and headshoot enemys as your feet hit the ground in the military, but it still hasn't been disallowed in AA.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, December 04, 2013, 13:55:08 PM »
not to get to much farther off topic here but you were never trained nor is it even possible to jump around corners and headshoot enemys as your feet hit the ground in the military, but it still hasn't been disallowed in AA.

If not mistaken in 2.85 u where limited to what u can do,

Like rapid crouching up and down and along with jumping, been long ass time ago

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager