Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Welcome back to AAO25.com  (Read 16315 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Re: Welcome back to AAO25.com
« Reply #15 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 04:20:19 AM »
If you are fast mike there is gowing  train to north korea there also are leaders that do think for te people .  :D

The game is still offline and you start talking about mods,Skripts and stuff..! LoL
Admins should only keep working on the auth-system asap, to avoid losing players/game!

BTW the solution like befor is for me and the community perfect to Keeper the game origin and smart as well. Who like mods just leave and play Garry's Mod!!!

Offline Graf

« Reply #16 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 04:24:38 AM »
Hi all.

What happened was a breach of trust (I hope - that is the right translation), but you don't like to discuss it, as I read in the 1st post...

(...) This information has never been shared with anyone for any reason outside the developers. Passwords are stored on the Auth server with a special SHA-1 encryption that includes a salting method.

Quite interesting to read. The Auth Server is the site Battletracker.com (=bt), isn't it? It's based on a wbb-board, so the passwords for sure are stored crypted (there's the possibility since version 2, if I remember right). Homey made you an API to check, if the submitted login data is correct and to send you some stats and the bt-number back.

But what about the delivery of my personal data to assist? That is not crypted. When I login in Assist with my bt-name and bt-password are send in "clear text" to assist-server. Nice to see only " ******** " in passwordfield, but the data finally send is plane text.

(...) I think it's best not to right now because there's not many players. If there were more players that could contribute coding abilities, then the community could work towards making Assist more secure instead of just a couple of us. (...)

I think outside of your "staff team", there are a lot of players who have coding abilitys. In my case, I offered my help not ony once or twice. I got rejected several times and than I finally lost the interest on trying it again.

While you "re-setup" this page, there was a short massage like: "Can anyone host the site?" I perhaps could do so but didn't have a way to contact you. I wrote a pn to Johnny on bt, because it was the only name and person I clearly could identify. Perhaps he forwarded it to the rest of the team...

For the future I'd like to have more transparency about what is going on and less restrictions. In my eyes it's a stupid thing, that modded servers are not tracked, only one account per person is allowed and many more... For sure, if there is a server-mod running, which gives 1.000.000 points per kill or something like that, it shouldn'n be tracked. But there are a lot of people who like to play with sf-weapons on standard maps (which was / is allowed from the game by forceclassing), so why you don't let them play that way? Also "low gravity" aka. "high jump" is settable by admin, so let them have some fun with it.

Cheating / Hacking in my eyes is a big problem, but there are only a few things we could do against. Evenbalance stopped PB support and the PB-scripts could only handle known hacks. I play this game for a long time and in my eyes there are a lot of cheaters playing very often. I have no evidence, so I won't call anyone a cheater.
Let me give an example: a person is dying every round and has 1 kill and 10 deaths in 11 rounds. Next round he kills nearly every enemy with one or two bulles and has a 30 kills / 11 deaths 5 rounds later, his bullet holes across the map are fitting on a 1-Dollar-Coin, than he is not clean for me, especially if you could watch this a lot of times.

Don't ban those players globally if there is no evidence. Offer us the possibilty to ban players by bt-numer like PB-Guid before. Give us the possibilty to find 2nd accounts, so that he can't join my / our server anymore. If I don't trust him, I'll ban him. In the past "innocent" players tryed to contact the admin and excused or explained. Especially the german community is very small and we know each other. "guilty" players don't even try, they make a new account or play on other servers to push their frag and get a ******.

Regards
Graf

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #17 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 04:54:46 AM »
Great to see the forum back. GJ.

If I may reply a bit to Grafs message. I think the modded servers should stay untracked. It was a step into the right direction and I wouldn't suggest changing it back. Then it becomes the junge with mod servers only.

Server admins should be more integrated into the background of assist. I mean like to have a server admin section where only admins can post players that have been banned on what server or are suspicious. So other server admins are warned. Adding a better ingame banlist or somehow server ini banlist where you can add BT IDs would be definitely great. And some lite versions of tools for server admins. Like checking if the player has logged into second accounts. MAC links and so on. Could be very useful to minimalize cheating. And dont give away the tools and access for every random server admin. At the beginning just to the major servers that are played the most like ATAS, IGC, HT, NoG, PE. (and PUF)
« Last Edit: Friday, September 13, 2013, 05:47:41 AM by KARI-30 »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #18 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 05:05:21 AM »
Don't forget =PUF=KAUTO CLAN WEALREADY BAVE 13 MEMBERS A
ND stil growing and alot mod lovers are in ths world that like us :cool:

AGreat to see the forum back. GJ.

If I may reply a bit to Grafs message. I think the modded servers should stay untracked. It was a step into the right direction and I wouldn't suggest changing it back. Then it becomes the junge with mod servers only.

Server admins should be more integrated into the background of assist. I mean like to have a server admin section where only admins can post players that have been banned on what server or are suspicious. So other server admins are warned. Adding a better ingame banlist or somehow server ini banlist where you can add BT IDs would be definitely great. And some lite versions of tools for server admins. Like checking if the player has logged into second accounts. MAC links and so on. Could be very useful to minimalize cheating. And dont give away the tools and access for every random server admin. At the beginning just to the major servers that are played the most like ATAS, IGC, HT, NoG, PE.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #19 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 05:07:48 AM »
Hi guys, I already posted a bit somewhere else, but I will support your comeback, if you need any non-technical help with anything, feel free to contact me

Offline hardztyle

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 06:19:40 AM »
TS coming back up too ?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #21 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 06:37:05 AM »
TS coming back up too ?
probably not, it was Hosted for Free from an ex-admin, TG Pegesus :)
it had some downtimes etc but He doesn't need to keep it online as it was done for free.

Hi all.

What happened was a breach of trust (I hope - that is the right translation), but you don't like to discuss it, as I read in the 1st post...

Quite interesting to read. The Auth Server is the site Battletracker.com (=bt), isn't it? It's based on a wbb-board, so the passwords for sure are stored crypted (there's the possibility since version 2, if I remember right). Homey made you an API to check, if the submitted login data is correct and to send you some stats and the bt-number back.

But what about the delivery of my personal data to assist? That is not crypted. When I login in Assist with my bt-name and bt-password are send in "clear text" to assist-server. Nice to see only " ******** " in passwordfield, but the data finally send is plane text.
right when Jonny shut assist down, he was working on a better/ more secure way  to send/receive data on Assist. idk what will happen with it cuz it wasn't released.

I think outside of your "staff team", there are a lot of players who have coding abilitys. In my case, I offered my help not ony once or twice. I got rejected several times and than I finally lost the interest on trying it again.

While you "re-setup" this page, there was a short massage like: "Can anyone host the site?" I perhaps could do so but didn't have a way to contact you. I wrote a pn to Johnny on bt, because it was the only name and person I clearly could identify. Perhaps he forwarded it to the rest of the team...
When we don't are rly in need of someone we use to reject/forget cause of security etc, but once a year 1-2 ppl join Assist lol.
ATM I guess we already have a host. I'm not 100% sure :P

For the future I'd like to have more transparency about what is going on and less restrictions. In my eyes it's a stupid thing, that modded servers are not tracked, only one account per person is allowed and many more... For sure, if there is a server-mod running, which gives 1.000.000 points per kill or something like that, it shouldn'n be tracked. But there are a lot of people who like to play with sf-weapons on standard maps (which was / is allowed from the game by forceclassing), so why you don't let them play that way? Also "low gravity" aka. "high jump" is settable by admin, so let them have some fun with it.

Cheating / Hacking in my eyes is a big problem, but there are only a few things we could do against. Evenbalance stopped PB support and the PB-scripts could only handle known hacks. I play this game for a long time and in my eyes there are a lot of cheaters playing very often. I have no evidence, so I won't call anyone a cheater.
Let me give an example: a person is dying every round and has 1 kill and 10 deaths in 11 rounds. Next round he kills nearly every enemy with one or two bulles and has a 30 kills / 11 deaths 5 rounds later, his bullet holes across the map are fitting on a 1-Dollar-Coin, than he is not clean for me, especially if you could watch this a lot of times.

Don't ban those players globally if there is no evidence. Offer us the possibilty to ban players by bt-numer like PB-Guid before. Give us the possibilty to find 2nd accounts, so that he can't join my / our server anymore. If I don't trust him, I'll ban him. In the past "innocent" players tryed to contact the admin and excused or explained. Especially the german community is very small and we know each other. "guilty" players don't even try, they make a new account or play on other servers to push their frag and get a ******.

Regards
Graf
Since the last AC efforts(not the one that made it goes down lol) we rarely banned on thoughts, most ban were set with real proof and legally imo(read the above msg before you try to say otherwise).
« Last Edit: Friday, September 13, 2013, 06:47:50 AM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Ganja

« Reply #22 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 06:42:54 AM »
Good to see you back !

Offline Jaggl

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 06:51:24 AM »
any news when the auth comes back online?

Offline [W]ello3^

« Reply #24 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 06:51:56 AM »
very very good to see you back would like to see the game back but guess its a start :)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #25 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 06:59:34 AM »
welcome back again :))

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #26 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 07:12:14 AM »
The game is still offline and you start talking about mods,Skripts and stuff..! LoL
Admins should only keep working on the auth-system asap, to avoid losing players/game!

BTW the solution like befor is for me and the community perfect to Keeper the game origin and smart as well. Who like mods just leave and play Garry's Mod!!!

yes please, make a download section to have a version the will work for playing. even without honors. otherwise a lot of players are going to aa4 - and will not comeback.

thank you!

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #27 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 07:40:41 AM »
just go back one release - if possible - and let us play until you made final decisions about the way this perfect game will go.
would really be great!

Offline Ganja

« Reply #28 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 07:45:55 AM »
I personally think it would be smarter to let people play once you know you won't make any more updates for a little while, once you know it's up and rolling , otherwise it might be a mess ...

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #29 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 08:09:00 AM »
it depends on when the final version is rolled out. in 1-2 weeks, no one will play this game i guess.
my mindset of that

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager