Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Cup and Ladder Registration Open  (Read 12242 times)

Offline Ganja

Re: Cup and Ladder Registration Open
« Reply #75 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 05:31:20 AM »
What we can do is:

- Split the positions of Clans in the playoff bracket of the cup. For example teams from NA are in the upper half, EU are in the lower half. So there is only NA vs NA and EU vs EU and the final is going to be NA vs EU.

- If it occurs that there will be a match EU vs NA. Like Dav3 suggested the amount of rounds determine on what server is the overtime going to be played. But not in favour of the team who won less point but in favour of the team who won more rounds. NA 14-10 EU. Gonna be played on NA server. That makes sure clans dont lose rounds on purpose after being ahead like 7-0 and making it 7-5 for better score in the final count.

(Optional)
- Rent a server in Iceland. Who could be geographicly in the middle. Prince Edward Island? Puerto Rico maybe?

Yeah that's quit qood. So you can actually consider 2 winners, but for the fun they will still fight each other. Sound correct

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #76 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 08:15:13 AM »
What we can do is:

Who could be geographicly in the middle. Prince Edward Island? Puerto Rico maybe?

Titanic.

Offline [HT]-d0n-@-KeIIo-

• News Authors
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 09:27:39 AM »
jo titi why you talk?
you dont play in cup or ladder and your comments dont help us.
you dont have friends or do you need a little attention?
pls talk to him
and have fun :)

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
« Reply #78 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 09:29:59 AM »
It isnt only the physical location of servers to keep in mind. Its also how its over all networked to the rest of the world.

For example its hard to say if an iceland server would be any better without actually testing.

North america is so big that if someone is in the middle or west coast it has more network to pass through to get to the east side of the continent then cross the ocean.

Just like people in major cities closer to data centers get much better ping that those that live out of major cities, or cities further from the hosting ./ server and so on.

There are many factors but the basic gyst is due to how the WWW is laid out eruo can get as good a ping to a us server as someone located in a rural location in NA. - as one example

Too many arrogant trolls on these forums, wish the admins would actually moderate what needs moderating, instead of acting like ethugs themselves.

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #79 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 09:37:39 AM »
Kello, are you stupid or just just act stupid? Please try to be smarter than you are, switch on your brain and imagine that the Titanic was not sarcasm but only joke according to previous message with ship case.

Get good please.

Offline [HT]-d0n-@-KeIIo-

• News Authors
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 09:43:33 AM »
 :D

Offline zoxee

« Reply #81 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 10:04:24 AM »
I think the best solution concerning EU vs US would be to apply Soccer rules.
Go match on a euro server, Back match on a US server, both matches played
with the same maps. And then make the sum-up, including more parameters
into the calculation than only the rounds won, for example for each team the
total number kills and total number of points, to make draws almost impossible.
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #82 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 10:12:19 AM »
Another option would be to play a single match with an increased number of rounds,
let's say for example 20, then play the first ten on a euro server and the rest 10 on
a US server. And in the end apply the kills & points count in case of a perfect draw.
But changing servers in the middle of a match would interrupt the flow, so not really
a good idea, better play 2 separate matches.
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 16:46:07 PM »
^ Just wana say its nice to see someone actually contribute to a thread / issue instead of being arrogant and bash!

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 17:09:31 PM »
Since reading the last critical error thread and posting. Up comes the next question.

If game stability isnt fixed by the time the tourny rolls around....what are the procedures in dealing with the inevitable multiple crashes per match? Admins wont be present to boot idles i dont think? Just discard round? toss a coin?

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 19:56:02 PM »
Since reading the last critical error thread and posting. Up comes the next question.

If game stability isnt fixed by the time the tourny rolls around....what are the procedures in dealing with the inevitable multiple crashes per match? Admins wont be present to boot idles i dont think? Just discard round? toss a coin?

I hope the CE are fixed around before the start!
But if not i think its a discarded round, same as when u dont spawn. But when u play with so many players... its the question is you even can finish one round without any CE...

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 19:57:11 PM »
somewhere there should be a / between 2 words, but i cant edit my post :(

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

« Reply #87 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 21:23:11 PM »
Alright, how about all games played on NA servers? lol good logic.

Of course its for fun, but as we know, unfairness leads to less fun. People rage with high ping, people rage with hackers.

If the problem can be fixed, fix it! At least try for a solution

it's all about fun nothing more, i play on polish servers german servers all the time, my ping being at 35-40 not hard to kill shit, only server i won't play on is brazil, other then that have fun killing em and bagging the shit out of all my victims  : )

Offline zoxee

« Reply #88 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 21:51:45 PM »
What do you guys think about my idea cf. EU vs US ? not good ?

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #89 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 03:01:36 AM »
Rules 15 and 16 speak pretty clear about CEs. If you get CE before anyone got killed, you discard the round. But if someone already died and one player gets critical, its no discard. Shit happens. Imagine one team kills 3 players, its 4vs1 and the only guy gets critical and requests discard. Then its not fair for the team which already made 3 kills.

I hope it gets fixed. But i played 2 days ago for 2 hours and got only 1 CE. So lets hope for the best.

Zoxee I think we will apply your suggestions when we play one map tourneys.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 03:04:29 AM by KARI-30 »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager