Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Cup and Ladder Registration Open  (Read 12067 times)

Offline nevertalks

Re: Cup and Ladder Registration Open
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 16:22:44 PM »

FREE AGENT REPORTING IN

RESUME
1. I can speak German, Dutch, French and English (obviously) but most of the time will not speak at all; consider me an extra set of arms/medic.

2. Have been playing AA in my mothers womb then stopped playing during labour. Started playing again and will play till the day I die. Why? No idea...

3. SF Hospital all the way, also good at other maps but not as fun

4. Look for weak defense spots or weak attack points and will act accordingly

5. Need I say more?

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, August 15, 2013, 04:55:40 AM »
-It sure would be nice if more info was given or at least easily found.
-What are formats going to be for euro vs na? Other rules?
-Gawd that site is hard to navigate and get info lol, such an odd theme / layout
-How will maps be pick and so on
-Also, when I try to log in it fails, but the font is black on a black background lol. You only see it say Back
-How are servers and match times going to be selected? Since it appears euro and north american teams are in the same one?.....bad call
-Huge time diff, as well as bad pings if playing on a foreign server

Dave you could have found answers to most of yours questions from the rules I wrote and posted a link in the Tutorial. I assume you didnt bother reading the rules. So specially for you:

Cup Rules:
http://fun-league-community.com/index.php?site=cups&action=regeln&cupID=2

Ladder Rules:
http://fun-league-community.com/index.php?site=ladders&action=rules&ID=1

Rule number 8

-How will maps be pick and so on?
Cup Rules - Rule number 9
Ladder Rules - Rule number 9
(not the same rule)

-Also, when I try to log in it fails, but the font is black on a black background lol. You only see it say Back.
yes that is going to be fixed

-How are servers and match times going to be selected? Since it appears euro and north american teams are in the same one?.....bad call
Rule number 8

I spent many days writing the rules so I hope I have covered all the important areas that were needed.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, August 15, 2013, 11:37:03 AM »
Dum rules,

Offline [HT]-d0n-@-KeIIo-

• News Authors
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, August 15, 2013, 12:27:54 PM »
why what is dum on the rules?

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, August 15, 2013, 12:33:00 PM »

Dave you could have found answers to most of yours questions from the rules I wrote and posted a link in the Tutorial. I assume you didnt bother reading the rules. So specially for you:

Cup Rules:
http://fun-league-community.com/index.php?site=cups&action=regeln&cupID=2

Ladder Rules:
http://fun-league-community.com/index.php?site=ladders&action=rules&ID=1

Rule number 8

-How will maps be pick and so on?
Cup Rules - Rule number 9
Ladder Rules - Rule number 9
(not the same rule)

-Also, when I try to log in it fails, but the font is black on a black background lol. You only see it say Back.
yes that is going to be fixed

Rule number 8

I spent many days writing the rules so I hope I have covered all the important areas that were needed.

8) It is up to the teams to decide on which server the match is going to be played. If there is not an agreement, the map selected by the Non-European team will be played on an European server and vice-versa. The overtime map is going to be played on the official Cup Server. You may ask the cup staff to prepare an official cup server for the match. The server is located in Central Europe, with low pings and minor lags.

So over time is a euro server? Thats not fair in the slightest. Very big advantage to each euro team getting to play 2 out of 3 matches on euro servers. While all north americans, will at best get 1 game on a na server.

You should really look at dividing NA and euro. It simply will not be fair regardless of what you do, and especially with these current "rules"

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, August 15, 2013, 12:35:15 PM »
* euro has big advantage on cup and ladder rules.

Not fair at all. 2/3 matches are played on euro server. Every match that happens between euro and na teams will have advantage to the euro team.

thats bs quite frankly.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, August 15, 2013, 12:44:40 PM »
why what is dum on the rules?

Read above. Euro teams have advantage with rule 8.

There are only 2 euro teams ( 3 if you include the turtle one but i assume that was for testing since its old), and 4 na teams registered. Either way, there are more NA than euro yet the rules are still biased toward euro...?

I say separate the 2. Its the only way you can make fair rules, unless you come up with something else.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, August 15, 2013, 12:46:57 PM »
I also dont see a single thing regarding match time. I believe there is at very least 6 hour difference between any place in na and Europe, more depending on specific locations of each.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, August 15, 2013, 12:55:57 PM »
Well, we are open to suggestions. If you have any better idea how to solve the overtime question, be my guest and tell me. No reason in raging here. Of course it would be best to play on a server where both teams have equal ping. Maybe some canadian servers could have same pings for EU and NA, I dont know. You can rent some servers and we can try it. We rented european server atm. When there will be more teams we can divide the ladders and cups, but I dont see no point in having 4 US teams in one ladder and 6-7 teams in EU ladder. Better make one big ladder. And the teams can play versus teams they challenge. So you can play only vs US teams if you like and only few times vs EU. That is up to your choice.

According the times its all about communication. Both teams just say the time that is okay for you and try to find an hour which is okay for both. If European teams would start at midnight, US teams would have 6pm. So its doable.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, August 15, 2013, 12:56:43 PM »
I think you are just scared to play against me ... :D

• News Authors
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, August 15, 2013, 12:57:09 PM »
if play us team vs eu team the map from us team is to play on eu server. (no home servers)
if play us team vs eu team the map from eu team is to play on us server. (no home servers)

dav3 if you have server with fair pings for us and eu teams pls give me info.
but only to say this and this is bs it is not realy help for no one

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, August 15, 2013, 13:05:49 PM »
if play us team vs eu team the map from us team is to play on eu server. (no home servers)
if play us team vs eu team the map from eu team is to play on us server. (no home servers)

dav3 if you have server with fair pings for us and eu teams pls give me info.
but only to say this and this is bs it is not realy help for no one

Servers located in Chicago or where ever our current server is - is the best server I have ever played on.
If some euros can join head hunters server, see what ping you get to it.
What are the names of the euro servers that are being considered?...i can test ping in there but i doubt it will be enjoyable. It is do-able for pubbing but  you need to lead your shot and its simply unfair play, especially when it comes to competition.

I have not been on a single euro server where i get under 150. you try playing on 150+ ping its without a doubt a major disadvantage.

• News Authors
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, August 15, 2013, 13:14:18 PM »
dav3 i come from ger berlin i have 1000dsl it is very hard for me to play on us server but for me it is np.
I think there is no server for all of the players has the same ping

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, August 15, 2013, 13:15:19 PM »
FLC Server 1 - (fun-league-community.com)
FLC Server 2 - (fun-league-community.com)
White text.

(CYBA) CyberTron Army is Canadian server which could be similar to both of us. I see 110-139 pings in assist window.

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #44 on: Thursday, August 15, 2013, 13:18:23 PM »
That's why I didn't let non EU teams to play in WL. You made a big mistake, now you will face the problems every day, on every step.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager