Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AAO25 WL- Map Rules  (Read 15274 times)

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

Re: AAO25 WL- Map Rules
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, January 05, 2013, 04:37:34 AM »
Compare current competitive scene condition with previous competitive scene condition- gulf and Marian ditch.

There is a chance that the people notice the game is still alive and they can spend their free time with friends again, then they come back. Only in this case we could move forward.

That's why I ussually say to people around me. Just help us, do it with our plan, believe us. Support us, then everything will be fine and it will go forward. Only waiting and complaining won't give anything good- it's destroyable.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 05, 2013, 04:40:08 AM by [Majestic]tidididi »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #61 on: Saturday, January 05, 2013, 04:38:21 AM »
When will you guys stop complain and start playing the competition. If you can make a better one, you should have poked someone about it and you should have helped doing it.

I don't even gonna play the competition but I like the effort of making one and I hope it will bring back some activity to the game.

Good job to the organizators !!

Offline Shibby

« Reply #62 on: Saturday, January 05, 2013, 06:51:44 AM »
Nobody is interested in watching those bullshit maps like sf reckon and radio tower etc.
Orly? I am interested in.

Besides there aren't even public servers on those maps so the lower ranked teams and newbies won't even know what sf reckon or w/e is.
So they won't choose these maps they don't know. If you don't like these maps or don't know, you also can't choose these maps. Problem solved.

Offline Revelinio

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, January 05, 2013, 07:13:38 AM »
Orly? I am interested in.
So they won't choose these maps they don't know. If you don't like these maps or don't know, you also can't choose these maps. Problem solved.

If you like to watch a vid cast of sf recon with 9 mins each round then you've got some serious patience.
Believe me it's boring to watch.

And about the maps, i believe i read somewhere that you have to play 24 matches. The map list isn't even that big, so you would have to pick the maps you don't like anyway since you can only pick one map once.

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #64 on: Saturday, January 05, 2013, 07:18:04 AM »
And about the maps, i believe i read somewhere that you have to play 24 matches. The map list isn't even that big, so you would have to pick the maps you don't like anyway since you can only pick one map once.

Go to aascrim.eu website and look at the groups.

Now count- 8 teams per group = 7 matches = you choose 7 maps.

Easy mathematic from primary school :-)

Offline iCaz

« Reply #65 on: Saturday, January 05, 2013, 09:13:55 AM »
So on another note, if I understand the rules correctly.

- Teams can only choose 1 map in the whole season (group stage + playoffs) of the maplist.
- The tournament has a group stage and the x best of the groups go into the playoffs, which is a bracketed system with double elimination.
- Teams first post the map and then decide on the date.
- Matches have to be played before every next monday.

Offline iCaz

« Reply #66 on: Saturday, January 05, 2013, 09:16:07 AM »
- Teams play every team of their group
- If a group contains less teams all teams will receive forfeit wins?

Offline iCaz

« Reply #67 on: Saturday, January 05, 2013, 09:18:51 AM »
I am happy you guys organise the winter league and this is not a complaint. I just want the rules to be clearer and not as vague as they are sometimes stated right now.

I am willing to help to get them clearer.

Offline Pegesus

« Reply #68 on: Saturday, January 05, 2013, 09:44:06 AM »
When will you guys stop complain and start playing the competition. If you can make a better one, you should have poked someone about it and you should have helped doing it.

I don't even gonna play the competition but I like the effort of making one and I hope it will bring back some activity to the game.

Good job to the organizators !!

x2
CPU: Intel i7 o/c to 4.40ghz
RAM: 32GB Patriot Red
GFX: MSI GTX650Ti Boost
Sound: Creative X-Fi
Headset: Steelseries 4H
Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2
Keys: Cyborg v5

Offline 1m50ry

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, January 05, 2013, 09:56:20 AM »
can u in playofs chose same map like in group? and how many teams go to playofs from group??

Offline Revelinio

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, January 05, 2013, 10:20:00 AM »
Go to aascrim.eu website and look at the groups.

Now count- 8 teams per group = 7 matches = you choose 7 maps.

Easy mathematic from primary school :-)

if i had to believe thing that are stated on that website then the winter tournament was already over  ;)
but in the rules it states that no play-offs will be played, correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the bracket system the same thing as playing play-offs. 

Like caz said before the rules are vague, it would help if there is one spot like that " official "  website of the winter tournament where everything can be find and is clear.
Using two different sites to announce winter tournament information is useless.

Offline waNted

« Reply #71 on: Saturday, January 05, 2013, 10:43:57 AM »
One thing, why pcr is not in the maplist and courtyard it is?
they see me ROLLIN' they HATIN'

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, January 05, 2013, 10:54:28 AM »
One thing, why pcr is not in the maplist and courtyard it is?
I'll give you that Courtyard can have some HUGELY unbalanced spawn/objective combos, but on PCR for 1 spawn combo, it's next to impossible to do anything.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline waNted

« Reply #73 on: Saturday, January 05, 2013, 11:11:22 AM »
That's still not fair imho, lose 1 or more rounds just because of unluck
they see me ROLLIN' they HATIN'

Offline iCaz

« Reply #74 on: Sunday, January 06, 2013, 07:20:04 AM »
Can I assume as no one is responding what I said above about the rules is true?

Furthermore, the team we are playing is hardly responding, without a regular playing date is going to take ages with some teams to finally come to a date.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager