Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AA2 Development roadmap  (Read 31323 times)

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: AA2 Development roadmap
« Reply #180 on: Thursday, March 27, 2014, 20:14:36 PM »
Nothing wrong with AA3, it just was rushed early and the development team kicked out... can't do judgements based on the alpha version that it still is.

It's not like they really put the game on the straight way in all these years. I remember Airfield, and the coop mode, with those bots that kept on respawning... it almost looked like they didnt had milestones set for each matter. The trainings have been "coming soon" for 4 years. But instead they delivered some odd maps and modes, increasing the areas/matters that were lacking making it feel even more incomplete.
Even AAPG feels much more concrete all around at this stage.

Offline Leopardi

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 05:12:40 AM »
My point is that they set out to re-make the game on a newer engine. They failed because it was nothing like the AA2. People still enjoyed the game but it was nothing like AA1 and AA2. They finally figured that out with AAPG, it's an entirely different game.

If people set out to re-make AA2, it will fail/succeed just like AA3 did.
No, they failed because the game was rushed early and is still in the bugged alpha status. If it was released in christmas like the devs wanted, and the devs werent kicked out, I don't think we'd even have this whole AAO25 project since AA3 would be a game that you can take seriously.

Imagine all the snow maps etc. they were planning shortly after release. Now we got this stupid airfield coop after years of waiting.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 28, 2014, 05:15:41 AM by Leopardi »

Offline BlackVelvit^

« Reply #182 on: Saturday, March 29, 2014, 11:23:48 AM »
I seriously doubt if the Dev's had more time that the game would have turned out great. More than likely they got kicked out because it was time to cut losses on a product that was going to fall on its face in a very big way no matter what happened within that short period of time during the SDLC. They butchered a community by putting out such a piece of rubbish, putting out nothing would have been better than the shit they did.

Offline TheGumba

« Reply #183 on: Saturday, March 29, 2014, 13:27:20 PM »
Honestly i just hope you guys the new devs of this game, decide to give it another shot. This game has so much potential. It didnt deserve to die , if more people knew that aa 2.5 is still alive im sure some people would join the community. Its a FREE game, so many people have access to this and they dont need to have the latest Nvidia technology to play .

Offline Leopardi

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, March 29, 2014, 18:21:14 PM »
I seriously doubt if the Dev's had more time that the game would have turned out great. More than likely they got kicked out because it was time to cut losses on a product that was going to fall on its face in a very big way no matter what happened within that short period of time during the SDLC. They butchered a community by putting out such a piece of rubbish, putting out nothing would have been better than the shit they did.
It's obvious you weren't following what happened when the studio was being shut down.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #185 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 09:08:20 AM »
Eliz was trying to port/make this game into 2.8 version, but I have not a lot of understanding why he did quit, i think he didn't have a lot of time and had his own business to do also there were problems with stuff that eliz couldn't manage to do. If you can code pm eliz if you want to help with anything.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager