Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: 25Assist v7.14 has been released!!!!  (Read 15016 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: 25Assist v7.14 has been released!!!!
« Reply #45 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 02:55:30 AM »
Yes, just make a file with this name on PB folder and put ur things in there :)

file name must be ServerMessage.cfg, no 'S' at 'Message'.

//--ServerMessage.cfg--\\
pb_sv_load ServerMessage.cfg

thank you Possessed
works all fine now  :up:

Offline Cloud

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 07:31:28 AM »
A lot of old palyers have been contacted via facebook which came back to play for the winter league, they also asked their teammates to join which made activity higher.

True story

Offline marten77

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 08:34:10 AM »

Offline kaledo

« Reply #48 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 11:41:41 AM »
A lot of old palyers have been contacted via facebook which came back to play for the winter league, they also asked their teammates to join which made activity higher.

Hi all,
i am a web marketing analyst (and also an Italian America's Army old player)
i know is a little bit off-topic but, i tryed to know why "America's Army 2 nostalgic players" don't want play AA2.5 Assist..

• 1st: there is not a competitive community (Italian community in particular)
  • 2nd: there are few players
  • 3rd: players play always the same maps (bridge crossing and Hospital)

these are the "problems" for them. I also asked if they found a free game like AA, and all the people says: "NO".

40% of them now are playing Battlefield 3
25% are playing other multiplayer games (not only FPS)
35% are no playing multiplayer games

The solution is (not simple) "CREATE A SOLID INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY"... How is the problem, we need something to "touch nostalgic players feelings and interest".

Another question is: "Can someone contact the old AAO developers (Virtual Heroes Studios) to create again a FPS like AAO2, maybe using the same source code?

(sorry for my bad eng)

I hope AAO 2 (AA2.5Assist) will return the most played game.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 14:23:31 PM »
Hi all,
i know is a little bit off-topic but, i tryed to know why "America's Army 2 nostalgic players" don't want play AA2.5 Assist..

these are the "problems" for them. I also asked if they found a free game like AA, and all the people says: "NO".

The solution is (not simple) "CREATE A SOLID INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY"... How is the problem, we need something to "touch nostalgic players feelings and interest".

Another question is: "Can someone contact the old AAO developers (Virtual Heroes Studios) to create again a FPS like AAO2, maybe using the same source code?

(sorry for my bad eng)

I think your survey's results seem to offer an answer, basically things changes and evolves with time and so does people. I would love to know why each of those people were after America's Army. Even tho Arma has been around for a while there must be still space for a game like a modern America's Army.

As for contacting Virtual Heroes, they made several games around similar or maybe identical version of the game engine used by AA2, but of course the America's Army client its binded to the EULA (and the source code it's probably going to be partially binded to 3rd parties too):

2.    Restrictions.
The Software embodies trade secrets and intellectual property protected by United States and international copyrights and other laws and international treaties.  By using the Software, you agree that all rights, title, and interest in the Software, including the copyrights and trade secrets, are the property of the Developer.  You agree not to modify, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reverse engineer the Software.  In addition, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of the Software or associated registered user accounts, except as permitted under this Licensing Agreement.  The Software has been developed for entertainment purposes only and is not designed or licensed for any other purpose.  No rights, title or interest in or to any trademark, service mark, logo, trade name, or any other intellectual property right of Developer or the United States government or its licensors is granted under this Agreement.

Offline kaledo

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 03:41:15 AM »
I would love to know why each of those people were after America's Army.

As for contacting Virtual Heroes, they made several games around similar or maybe identical version of the game engine used by AA2, but of course the America's Army client its binded to the EULA (and the source code it's probably going to be partially binded to 3rd parties too):

1 mostly the peolpe now are playing Battlefield 40% of them :shock:

2 i suppose that the Virtual Heroes "problem" is that they work only for institutions, gouvernment ecc... it's "EA$$$Y" than developing the best FREE game ever made (of course they can take a lot of money not only with classic micro-transaction's system, but with fee for Honor Servers for example, with Marketing initiative ecc...

Offline B@lestra^

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 05:21:22 AM »
Hi all,

(sorry for my bad eng)

Hi kaledo, sounds quite interesting what you have analyzed. If i understand it correctly (referring to your points 1.-3.) then the italian ex-AA2 players won't play AA25, because there is no competitive community anymore, because there are too few players currently playing AA25 and too little servers (mostly Bridge, SF Hospital).

If i got that right i would answer, that those players who are playing AA25 now are mostly competitive, because that are the players most dedicated to the game. Most of them/us are game veterans who know/play the game for years. If i join a server today on AA25 i still have the feeling like playing AA2 to old way, like back in the times when i played v2.8.5. It's not that there is no challenge at all and noobs all around, there is still competition!Today maybe even more than before AA25, because those players who are playing now are kinda map whores. I like it.

To 2.) If ex-players complain that there are too few players playing AA25 then i would say to them: if any veteran AA-player would think like this, then AA2 would be dead today. What we need instead are players who give AA25 a try, actually we could need every single ex-player. That's the only way how we can keep up the game, and laying back doing nothing than complaining won't change anything. I'm glad that i'm one of those 200-300 players who are still attached to the game and keep it alive, but i would have nothing against more players coming back ofc. And that leads to your third point. The more players the more servers/maps we can fill and play. Imo those players judging from a distance that aa25 has too few players/servers should stop complaining and come back instead, because with each single player we can offer more and keep up a vital AA2-community, never as big as in ou best times, but enough to have every day/night some good playing sessions on at least 5-10 filled mapservers. The more players willing to come back, the better it would be.

If you are in contact with ex-players (what i assume when you've made a poll like this), tell them that there is still a vital, competitive AA community playing AA25 and that all we need are players willing to come back - simple as that.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 06:42:46 AM »
There is both pub and competition on aa 2.5 at the moment, every evening you can see locked servers with peopel scrimming and open servers with people pubbing. It might not be as big as it used to be but at least you do have different opponents.

Offline kaledo

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 07:22:57 AM »
Hi kaledo, sounds quite interesting what you have analyzed. If i understand it correctly (referring to your points 1.-3.) then the italian ex-AA2 players won't play AA25, because there is no competitive community anymore, because there are too few players currently playing AA25 and too little servers (mostly Bridge, SF Hospital).

If i got that right i would answer, that those players who are playing AA25 now are mostly competitive, because that are the players most dedicated to the game. Most of them/us are game veterans who know/play the game for years. If i join a server today on AA25 i still have the feeling like playing AA2 to old way, like back in the times when i played v2.8.5. It's not that there is no challenge at all and noobs all around, there is still competition!Today maybe even more than before AA25, because those players who are playing now are kinda map whores. I like it.

To 2.) If ex-players complain that there are too few players playing AA25 then i would say to them: if any veteran AA-player would think like this, then AA2 would be dead today. What we need instead are players who give AA25 a try, actually we could need every single ex-player. That's the only way how we can keep up the game, and laying back doing nothing than complaining won't change anything. I'm glad that i'm one of those 200-300 players who are still attached to the game and keep it alive, but i would have nothing against more players coming back ofc. And that leads to your third point. The more players the more servers/maps we can fill and play. Imo those players judging from a distance that aa25 has too few players/servers should stop complaining and come back instead, because with each single player we can offer more and keep up a vital AA2-community, never as big as in ou best times, but enough to have every day/night some good playing sessions on at least 5-10 filled mapservers. The more players willing to come back, the better it would be.

If you are in contact with ex-players (what i assume when you've made a poll like this), tell them that there is still a vital, competitive AA community playing AA25 and that all we need are players willing to come back - simple as that.

Once upon a time America's Army 2... and where a big italian community with a Clan Federation... now we have only a Facebook Page called "America's Army ITA - le vecchie glorie" (America's army ITA - The old glories).

I'm trying in these days to wake up the community and my clan... we will see... but i want do more...

and i make a new adv DEM posted here: http://aao25.com/2-5-assist/alot-old-players-don-t-know-about-25assist!/msg37360

Offline dapand

• View Profile
  • AA: Panda
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 13:14:35 PM »
AA was at its highest activity peak from 2006 to 2007 (pub and competition), then went slowly dying in the next years ; so that was 6 years ago... The main problem (if you want it to be one) is that people grew ^^ kinda like an era that ends in one's life. I'm not trying to be dramatic or something, but it's true : sometimes you go through something and when it dies for any reason, you don't wanna get back to it as it's over, your time is done with that thing. I see that as one of the reason to not play AA25.

In the 20 years old range, six years can involve loads of changes. Some players were about 16 when they started playing AA, I assume some of them went other places, discovered new things and shit.
Some other players (especially competitive ones) probably don't see any reason to play AA25 again since they won shitloads of trophies in it. I'm pretty sure some players right now want to achieve something in AA, competition wise. I'm not saying everyone plays for title, but when you've won many titles, it's hard to maintain the will of winning.

So within those "nostalgic players", there will only be the ones that love AA/don't like any other game than AA/still have time for AA/want to win competitions.

My guess is, the only chance of having AA25 popular is with a massive campaign to get new players - and certainly not focus on bringing back "old" players because that will be a natural process, friends will bring friends.

I first started playing AA in 2003 because I typed "Free multiplayer game" in a search engine.
There's NO game like AA, plus nowadays, most of FPS are like CoD, which AA is not at all. So that makes one main difference which is a strong point. There's a pretty good chance that if you don't like CoD or CS-like games, you can like AA. And it's totally free !

@_@

Offline kaledo

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 15:12:08 PM »

My guess is, the only chance of having AA25 popular is with a massive campaign to get new players - and certainly not focus on bringing back "old" players because that will be a natural process, friends will bring friends.

I agree with your Idea but we need the support by the oldest players and oldest communities. We need a lot of international communities around it.

After that or instead, of course we need to do a massive campaign to get new players  :up:

Offline kaledo

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 15:14:41 PM »
This community need a marketing/communication plan, not to sell anything, but to communicate and convey our passion

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 15:57:48 PM »
This community need a marketing/communication plan, not to sell anything, but to communicate and convey our passion

This has been said may times in the past by many people. I think people have already done the best they can to get the word out short of paying for advertising. It's great to see attitude like this though.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

JonnyM

« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 16:07:54 PM »
If people are anything like me, i love the idea of aa, but when i actually sit down to play it.... i'm bored in 10 seconds, its had its day.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 16:43:36 PM »
If people are anything like me, i love the idea of aa, but when i actually sit down to play it.... i'm bored in 10 seconds, its had its day.

This is exactly how I feel.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager