Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: [Video Tutorial] How to nade on Urban Assault  (Read 6583 times)

Offline rmcdzk

• View Profile
Re: [Video Tutorial] How to nade on Urban Assault
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 13:41:21 PM »
Nobody said the contrary. Maybe you can make a video about some good teamwork and tactics and sh!t to level the game up? :*
Yeah I know, I just reffered to Spanky saying it levels the playing field, which is wrong :)
What for :) ? Publics on normal maps are pretty much dead, there's no league or cup alive atm, competitive game is dead and it looks like it'll stay like that. In desbl there is no need for tactics against some sfhospital clans, as you can see we win every match by 4 random guys with some random pubplay and teamwork on pub is just an illusion. So :D ? I can send you my 6v6  20 page MPSE tactics in msword from the good times... You'll have something to read to the pillow before sleeping :P

I didn't make this video thinking every player would become good because they can to one or two useful nades, it's just that sometimes it's just "fun" to be able to nade at a difficult spot.

I can understand this point of view, but it's clearly far from mine. Every moron can throw any of these nades, it's just about practice on empty server. I prefer to outplay my opponent in the way he feels helpless, the more helpless, the more fun. It's more about being smarter, faster, better without any doubts, not throwing some random granades on the most obvious places on the map  :poorguy:  :D

Nevertheless I appreciate your time spent on this video :up: :)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 13:42:52 PM by rmcdzk »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 13:50:41 PM »
Blah blah blah competitive competitive competitive competitive competitive competitive competitive competitive blah blah blah.

What's wrong with playing the game normally ("publics"as you call it)? When all these little "tactics" (learning tiny details about a map) are known by everybody, it does level the playing field. For people that don't know they're possible, they have a disadvantage plain and simple. I never knew it was possible to nade into that one objective room on Urban Assault without using the doors. A lot of people don't piss away hours studying every square inch of a map offline. A lot of people just play for fun, and that's the way it should be. When you can knowingly avoid spam and shitty gameplay that ub3r pro comp league players use, it makes the game more fair and enjoyable.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 14:45:32 PM »
In life, if you want to be one of the best you have to work harder than anyone, either in sports, relationships, work... the same applies to gaming if someone spams or use nades better than it's because they worked harder at some point, practice leads to excellence, that's what they say...

Offline rmcdzk

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 15:00:41 PM »
For people that don't know they're possible, they have a disadvantage plain and simple.
Ask yourself a question does it takes a lot imagination to think that out by yourself.  It's not my fault that most of people are lazy and need being lead by the hand with everything in their lifes.

I never knew it was possible to nade into that one objective room on Urban Assault without using the doors. A lot of people don't piss away hours studying every square inch of a map offline.

If there's enough space, the granade should pass the boards. As you said it's plain and simple. It takes less than 10mins to think off the good and safe throwing position and learning the nade itself, not more. Probably it's less time than you waste everyday on Facebook, scratching your ass or hundreds other useless activities you do everyday.  I wonder when you'll learn that those nades thrown into objectives are mostly invisible for people who are in the objective. ;)   

A lot of people just play for fun, and that's the way it should be. When you can knowingly avoid spam and shitty gameplay that ub3r pro comp league players use, it makes the game more fair and enjoyable.

Haven't seen good players use brainless spam often, they rather prefer to use granades or flashes in certain purpose when they?re you sure of the effect it would do. I don't know what you mean by 'shitty gameplay' exacly. Better than yours, more efficient, smarter?... but it doesn't matter for me tbh.
Definition of fun is complicated and I believe it's different for everyone. I guess we differ pretty much from each other in this case and hey, it's fine. This is why world is beautiful and longer discussion doesn't make sense to me.:)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 15:05:39 PM »
Maybe I worded it wrong. My point is that spammers and map whores are what make the game boring. Teaching their tactics to everybody leads to fairer gameplay.

Fun is playing a map that's rarely played because people make up tactics as they learn what works and what doesn't. Playing Urban Assault or Pipeline gets insanely boring because you're up against map whores that have spent way too much of their life playing just that one map. As Yahoo said, practice makes perfect and map whores have way too much practice. It's sad to see that people don't branch out and move beyond their map whore comfort level to have some real fun in the game.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, August 07, 2014, 04:47:15 AM »

Haven't seen good players use brainless spam often, they rather prefer to use granades or flashes in certain purpose when they?re you sure of the effect it would do. I don't know what you mean by 'shitty gameplay' exacly. Better than yours, more efficient, smarter?... but it doesn't matter for me tbh.
Definition of fun is complicated and I believe it's different for everyone. I guess we differ pretty much from each other in this case and hey, it's fine. This is why world is beautiful and longer discussion doesn't make sense to me.:)

Some aren't just spamnades. Like inside objective nades are very effective, it's not per-se spam. But I do perfectly get both point of views and I do understand sharing tactics would be pretty useless at this point of the game, I just had some time free and thought why not ;)

Jared

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, August 07, 2014, 10:19:52 AM »
Nice video Ganja, thanks for taking the time.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, August 07, 2014, 21:48:38 PM »
Every moron can throw any of these nades

most of people are lazy and need being lead by the hand with everything in their lifes

Step down of your high chair pls
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #23 on: Friday, August 08, 2014, 01:45:07 AM »
Step down of your high chair pls
Actually imo he's right, Ive seen so many people who just wont think of themselves and just do things they are told, not more not less

Offline zoxee

« Reply #24 on: Friday, August 08, 2014, 17:57:19 PM »
May be so, the way he said it just sounded a bit despising towards other players.
Any argument can be brought forward, provided it is done respectfully.
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager