Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Craigslist idiots  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Craigslist idiots
« on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 00:11:22 AM »
A note I've written up after being pissed off and ignored several times. I'm posting this here because for some reason I have to activate my Craigslist account via phone which I can't do since... eh fuck i'm not gonna go into it. Here it is:

This listing has nothing for sale. It does, however, have some advice all for free.

Now, I subscribe to several Craigslist sections via RSS so I can get a pretty good jump on items but, only if the seller/person giving away the item can cooperate. I guess I'll start off by stating the obvious:

1. This is a online website. Being an online website, it requires a form of computer to view/visit/post on.
2. This particular website requires an e-mail to post with so people can contact you and you can edit your listing.

Ok, just so we're clear, you need both a computer and working e-mail address to view and post on this site.

So, my question is, why is it that a very low percentage (I'd guess 30-40% at best) actually reply to an e-mail sent through the posting? I see 2 reasons:

1. My e-mail went into your spam folder. Not a valid excuse as you should be checking your spam folder since automatic filters aren't ever 100% accurate.
2. You ignored it. This is flat out uncalled for and lazy. Some of you even have the balls to remove your listing (requiring you to be on the computer, log into Craigslist and remove it) and still ignore the e-mail!

Ok, just so we're clear, you have no valid excuses.

Another thing, the greater percentage of you use Craigslist but demand deals be made over the phone. Sure, you're busy but you had enough time to get on the computer and post the ad. If you included enough information in the ad you wouldn't get stupid questions, just a "can I meet you tomorrow" e-mail. Demanding that deals be made over the phone can get expensive. Not everyone has a cheap landline option and some cell phone plans can get expensive and you just sit and eat the other person's minutes without caring. You're posting to an online website that requires a computer. I wouldn't post an ad in the nickelads and demand that someone contact me via e-mail. It's simple, cater to the medium and audience you're targeting.

Be polite! It's simple. Remove the ad when the item is gone and reply to everyone that contacts you, even if you don't have the item anymore.

If anyone cares to discuss this, feel free to e-mail me in a civilized manner.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/61454245@N05/
Re: Craigslist idiots
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 00:16:14 AM »
Very much agreed!
http://s.postquote.us/uKnight.png[/img][/url]
[CleanMe][/url]
[Photography, The least you should know][/url]
http://kodyhungenberg.500px.com[/url]

Offline Dialects

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 00:28:39 AM »
Truthful words. I've given up on CraigList and GumTree for those same reasons. Those are pretty much just frustration-generators working 24/7 to make one's life a tad harder and more stressful.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 03:28:45 AM »
You could have looked it up faster than asking and waiting for a response here. http://craigslist.org

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 04:15:34 AM »
Except local and usually in-person.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 16:07:04 PM »
So far I still stand correct on the fact: "Idiots are on Craigslist".

Offline Alex

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 16:18:23 PM »
I sold my 360 on craigslist and I easily agree with Spanky. Over half of the people that emailed me about the 360 never responded back after I emailed them. I guess it goes both ways. 

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 16:52:23 PM »
I sold my 360 on craigslist and I easily agree with Spanky. Over half of the people that emailed me about the 360 never responded back after I emailed them. I guess it goes both ways.

YEA!!!! So many times people just quit talking to you instead of saying "sorry, I'm no longer interested".

Offline Alex

« Reply #8 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 06:57:47 AM »
maybe u should use ebay

They don't serve the same purpose.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager