Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Seven Deadly Sins  (Read 6246 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Seven Deadly Sins
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, December 05, 2010, 01:33:53 AM »
I can only say what I think looks good, which holds very little weight.
That's the whole point. Your opinion holds a lot of weight when it's deliberately asked for.

Also, how was my sentence grammatically incorrect?
I never said it was. I was just saying that's all you need to express one's opinion.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Dialects

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, December 05, 2010, 01:50:58 AM »
Jared: Yes, without the soundtrack is does seem like the first bit is but repeating images, one after the other. That initial scene will have rain sounds, thunderstorm (thus the over-lighted frames) and will have a narrative recorded by myself. Once the story is told, or rather, once people are aware of what bothers the character, it then shoots off to him going berserk. From that point onwards, it will consist of a rather confusing music I will be recording tomorrow, following with screams, shouts, loud distorted sounds and a light electric guitar soloing it all up. The description may sound grandly chaotic and to an extent even, resemble metal-electronic music, but knowing myself as I do; I'll probably go with some primitive composing...despite the confusion embed with the junction of such noisy playing.

The story is simple: Man gets cheated on. Attempts at killing the man she cheated on him with. Fails. He is then caught and locked away in a cell. He remains there for an unbelievably amount of time. What the video illustrates is the remnants of his insanity. His anger and hatred have accumulated to a point where the only thing he wants to do is kill; It no longer is that specific man who has brought misery to his life...Kill is the most important thing. Kill himself, kill others, kill the world...KILL!

Killaman...err; Mr. DumbBunny: Again, you prove plenty worthy of the nickname you are most known as on my Contact List. No one in this community has any technical knowledge on Animation whatsoever. 70% of the world doesn't either. Some people, however, have their share bit of knowledge in Art...but then again, 50% of the world hasn't. I believe you either do not give a fuck (both literal and metaphorical meanings applied), or you are simply too narrow-minded to stretch your thoughts out of your comfort zone: American Football, Games and Computers   ---Care to prove this statement wrong? Please do. Whilst you read these offensive words against you and think "OH, Dann is such a douchebag!!", I would like to say that; No, I do not truly believe you are dumb. However, for reasons that go beyond me, you do come out as one typical dumb-American (no offence meant to the American Population, for as much as I would have enjoyed so....in ignorance). It is now up to you to either express yourself differently or simply man it up and start believing you aren't all that smart...and most of your smartness is an act of your subconscious.

Nate: I have a man-crush on you.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, December 05, 2010, 03:18:03 AM »
nates being a time wasting cunt in reference to giving me replies on msn

PostQuote'd. Sorry, I was busy Photoshopping for this:
http://www.xn-somnia.com/insomnia/viewtopic.php?p=3085#p3085
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, December 05, 2010, 11:03:05 AM »

Killaman...err; Mr. DumbBunny: Again, you prove plenty worthy of the nickname you are most known as on my Contact List. No one in this community has any technical knowledge on Animation whatsoever. 70% of the world doesn't either. Some people, however, have their share bit of knowledge in Art...but then again, 50% of the world hasn't. I believe you either do not give a fuck (both literal and metaphorical meanings applied), or you are simply too narrow-minded to stretch your thoughts out of your comfort zone: American Football, Games and Computers   ---Care to prove this statement wrong? Please do. Whilst you read these offensive words against you and think "OH, Dann is such a douchebag!!", I would like to say that; No, I do not truly believe you are dumb. However, for reasons that go beyond me, you do come out as one typical dumb-American (no offence meant to the American Population, for as much as I would have enjoyed so....in ignorance). It is now up to you to either express yourself differently or simply man it up and start believing you aren't all that smart...and most of your smartness is an act of your subconscious.

I have more "comfort" zones than that.... Art doesn't really interest me. I guess you could say I'm narrow minded then if you want.

I would also like to point out that I have never claimed to be very smart.

Offline Dialects

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, December 05, 2010, 11:54:47 AM »
It is not because you do not like Art that I believe you to be, hypothetically speaking (my previous statement, too, was a hypothesis; never have I said that you are indeed fatally narrow minded), narrow minded. However...given the circumstances, that is indeed the way you come out as to me. And Yes; it is true that you have not yet, to date, claimed to be smart. Ironically though, your speech says otherwise. Your speech is constantly shouting "I Know It All!" --which is why I kept charging back at you with the "Oh no, Killa knows it all!". It may be a case of your speech not expressing your personality accurately, which at any rate is none other's than your fault. Be it as it may, you are indeed smart. Not the smartest I've met thus far, but certainly a solid smart.

Who knows, in a three-years-estimative, MrDumbBunny might no longer suit you at all!
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, December 05, 2010, 12:12:52 PM »
I think that Killaman may have reacted hostilely to one of your posts weeks ago and you've been dragging this Mr. Dumbbunny thing on to the point of at least one member losing all interest in the community.

I am narrow-minded as well, I find art quite uninteresting. I don't comment on it because, like Killaman, I don't know anything about the work you put into it or whether it is impressive or not.

My Opinion:

It's black, and white, and sometimes red, and sometimes a greenish-bluish color as well. I like gray and red. Those are my favorite colors. So your art is good. Nicely done using gray and red, it pleases me.

The word "Death" reminds me of the band "Death". That also reminds me that the anniversary of the "Death" of their vocalist, Chuck Schuldiner, is approaching. Nicely done reminding me of Chuck Schuldiner's day, I had totally forgotten it was coming up.

The words "Kill all of them" remind me of Metallica. I don't like Metallica. Now I'm not so sure that the red and gray made it "good".

Overall, I give it a 2/3.

Two of the three things I noticed were positive.
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Dialects

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, December 05, 2010, 12:24:44 PM »
Thanks for your opinion, AJ. Well appreciated!

Herein, you have proven that knowledge does not defeat sensibility. In other words, you have proven that you must not be wise in the doings of Arts, nor be extremely keen to Art itself; to form an opinion. I was only looking for that, nothing more. Whereas I would have appreciated suggestions as to how to make the animation better-looking, I never expected it from this community --For fair reasons! There are loads of other communities packed with Professional Artists that are very much suited for that kind of assistance. When I post things in Headshot, I post them simply to share my doings with my supposed mates. I am not as sure about this last sentence as I once was.

Killaman will simply have to learn to deal with "Mr.Dumbunny", as I have learned to deal with "Resident Prick". He should know better than to think I actually mean it. Obviously, there were times where Mr.DumbBunny was the only thing fitting to describe Killa's words, but I'm sure we all look stupid and ignorant at times throughout our lives. Natural course of humanity; not to be steady, to be a ever-changing-melody. And I am starting to write stuff that doesn't matter anymore. I'll now shut up and leave it at that.

Offline Alex

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, December 05, 2010, 12:38:32 PM »

Killaman will simply have to learn to deal with "Mr.Dumbunny", as I have learned to deal with "Resident Prick". He should know better than to think I actually mean it.

I have never seen anyone call you that. Also, calling people names is not a great way to get rid of the nickname anyways, especially when you insult people in serious threads without adding anything to the overall conversation.

I said that I thought it looked cool and I didn't get a thanks. :(

Offline Dialects

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, December 05, 2010, 12:56:50 PM »
Every day that I log in....I am known as the Resident Prick.  8)

I'd thank you if only I knew what cool stands for. AJ expanded a bit more, thus deserves recognition.

I've insulted because I believed you deserved it at the time. No regrets. But I am not insulting you right now...so that might be a good thing!

Offline Alex

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, December 05, 2010, 13:02:27 PM »
I deserved to be insulted because I was telling headshot my plans for the future? That really makes no sense at all. I guess I will know better next time than to share things with this community.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, December 05, 2010, 13:23:02 PM »
When i saw the posters and envisioned the animation in my head, I thought the animation frames would be grainy & jumble as if someone was not aligning each frame before feeding it through a projector. Thoughts?

And the static white brushed background added a cool factor since every other element was moving. It was liek WHOAAAA;awesome!

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, December 05, 2010, 13:23:16 PM »
Also

DICKS

Offline Dialects

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, December 05, 2010, 14:53:18 PM »
I deserved to be insulted because I was telling headshot my plans for the future? That really makes no sense at all. I guess I will know better next time than to share things with this community.

I was referring to the first time I ever called you Mr.DumbBunny.

Offline Dialects

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, December 07, 2010, 02:56:58 AM »
Sound Version:

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, December 07, 2010, 16:49:24 PM »
Animation: 100% great. Awesome improvements over the last one. The final seconds was good; it's like going into half-time.

Audio: I didn't feel a climax at all. Or maybe because I watched the "beta" I was expecting a climax at the moment the typography kicked in. Intro audio is good, exiting audio is good. Its just the in between that is lacking in mirroring the animation.

This work is excellent, but after one minute I was waiting and waiting for an audio climax that never happened.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager