Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Musics I'm Working On [Early-early stage!]  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Dialects

Musics I'm Working On [Early-early stage!]
« on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 11:29:42 AM »
G1&KlaasM2 - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9129383/G1%26KlaasM2.mp3 (Earlier stage)
IWYB2_1 - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9129383/IWYB2_1.mp3 (Early stage)

Feedback on these would be great.

Be aware that both these songs were recorded with the microphone in-built on my computer.
Reverb had to be applied to my vocals on the first song, as the noise captured was overwhelming.
Frustrated with the noise capture, I then decided to tweak the microphone settings, thus the second tune has less reverb applied to my voice.
In IWYB2, voices are not synched yet. Bear with us, as we're mainly composing this musics through Skype.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 23, 2010, 11:31:54 AM by Klaasillu »
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Musics I'm Working On [Early-early stage!]
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 13:34:47 PM »
Actually that was really good for whatever quality you think the mic is giving you. Personally I kind of like lo-fi vocals with reverb. Number 2 sounds more professional. Number 1 sounds like its more of an intro because of the vocal "effect".

Song 2 at about 1:15 to like 1:45 has almost perfect sync with vocals and instruments.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 23, 2010, 13:36:52 PM by BlueBlaster »

Offline Dialects

« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 19:20:12 PM »
Thanks. One thing I am interested in, though, is concerned to the feelings -if any- these songs provoke on you.
As for the instruments; I did the drums, but they're still quite off. At least, I already nailed the drum-tempo and type down.

Thanks for the feedback, Dennis.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 20:17:55 PM »
Dann, I admit I still haven't listened to the MP3 you provided on MSN the other day. I'm waiting for a time where I can actually sit down and listen undisturbed so I can give it a fair chance.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 21:43:40 PM »
Vocals kind of remind me of Elliott Smith. That may not seem too significant but it really is the greatest compliment I can give because Elliott is my favorite musician and - although you have made your stand on seeing musicians/celebrities as idols quite clear - he really is a huge inspiration to me, even if I'm not a musician.

Kind of went off topic but drums were spot on too.

(Only listened to the second song, when I have a chance I'll listen to the first.)
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Dialects

« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 23:25:56 PM »
@Nate: It's fine buddy. Whenever you do, though, be sure to get some feedback rolling this way!

@AJ: Thanks. I do know Elliott's work --surely a compliment to be flattered about! I don't understand one thing though; I've made my stand on musicians/celebrities as idols quite clear? Someone? Help?

Keep'em feedback coming!

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2010, 01:09:13 AM »
Sorry, I was referring to this quote from the old Concerts thread:

Worshipping singers/artists/actors/celebrities is just a silly thing to do, and you know it.

I wouldn't say that I worship Elliott but he certainly means quite a lot to me.

Offline Dialects

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2010, 01:18:48 AM »
Oh, I get it now. Worshipping is something I don't do, but heck, I can tell a good musician from a bad one. I pay a lot of respect to the great names in the Music business, Acting, and so on. I just don't cum and yell like I just seen heaven's lord stepping down his throne like most do.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2010, 16:35:14 PM »
You asked about the message/impact of the lyrics. Personally, I don't know how to explain to someone what I think about the impact of lyrics in a song, but if this was written literature, you deliver quite well. Its not like you smashed a bunch of random things together and hoped they rhymed.

S/T

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 22:37:03 PM »
Klaasillu, if I may, some constructive criticism from someone who does vocal work:

When I listened to your samples, I noticed a few things, beyond things like correct breath support and proper posturing (which I cannot really help much on without being there in person) I noticed that you were doing some strange things with your tongue to do what people often (mistakenly) think add character to their sound. When you sing your vowels it sounds like your moving your tongue up and pushing your jaw slightly out, you should try to relax both of those, let your tongue lay relaxed resting just behind your teeth and not push forward too far when your going for those high notes. As for your jaw, let it stay in the position it would be if you were just starting to yawn, this is going to help your airflow and take some tension off your muscles. Also, I can't see you sing, but purely from what i'm hearing, it sounds like you sometimes tense your cheek muscles - pulling the corners of your mouth up. Don't! Let your face relax as much as possible.

I like it though, you've got soul! You just have to refine it a bit. Keep up the great work. :)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 22:39:04 PM »
I noticed that you were doing some strange things with your tongue

So do the ladies.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 22:59:57 PM »
Did Dann do the vocals? I was under the impression he'd done only the drums.

Offline Dialects

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 23:25:29 PM »
Thanks for the tips, ST.
I'll work towards correcting those.
I've never had vocal instruction; all helps is highly appreciated!

@AJ; I did the vocals and the drums.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager