Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Spanky's P.O.V. 2  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Spanky's P.O.V. 2
« on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 03:39:34 AM »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Jonnym

Re: Spanky's P.O.V. 2
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 03:59:52 AM »
Can't post comments on Youtube, don't have an account.
you seem pretty disturbed about not having leccy, Every thought about buying a genny, I've seen then for sale £250 in asda(wal-mart).
I love not having electric, makes life more interesting. More of a challenge.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 04:05:23 AM »
you seem pretty disturbed about not having leccy, Every thought about buying a genny, I've seen then for sale £250 in asda(wal-mart).
I love not having electric, makes life more interesting. More of a challenge.

I do get pretty disturbed. I'm quite addicted to the computer. I've thought about a generator but for the 1-3 times a year it goes out, I don't think it's really worth it unless it's a life threatening emergency.
I like the simplisticness of not having electricity but for me, it means no water and no heat as well and it got in the 40's (F, not C) in the house and winter has barely started. This has opened my eyes though, I am looking to get a propane stove and heater so at least some hot food can be made and enjoyed in acceptable temperatures.

Jonnym

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 06:49:49 AM »
Allways best not to be 100% dependant on a single source of energy, We have electric, gas and wood for heating, not all at the same time though, that would get a bit warm! Wood is the cheapest but most labour intensive. Gas is best all round. Electric is expensive but versatile and quick.
I'm guessing you get your water from a pumped well, might be an idea to rig that up with some car batterys and a U.P.S inverter to keep it going in a power cut. Or pump the water to a header tank on the roof but that would be a lot of re-plumbing.
Climate change will make these outages more frequent. Here in the UK we seem to be getting extreme freak flooding events at least once a year. Last year in tewkesbury the flood water got into the water works and shut the whole facility down so there was a drought... In the middle of a flood... how fucking ironic. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/6913267.stm

Jared

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 12:03:32 PM »
i love the first video, when you punk on dann LOL that made my day!

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 15:41:53 PM »
Allways best not to be 100% dependant on a single source of energy, We have electric, gas and wood for heating, not all at the same time though, that would get a bit warm! Wood is the cheapest but most labour intensive. Gas is best all round. Electric is expensive but versatile and quick.
I'm guessing you get your water from a pumped well, might be an idea to rig that up with some car batterys and a U.P.S inverter to keep it going in a power cut. Or pump the water to a header tank on the roof but that would be a lot of re-plumbing.
Climate change will make these outages more frequent. Here in the UK we seem to be getting extreme freak flooding events at least once a year. Last year in tewkesbury the flood water got into the water works and shut the whole facility down so there was a drought... In the middle of a flood... how fucking ironic. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/6913267.stm

First off, it's cool to see you posting and talking more on topics other than AA :P

I totally agree with you though. We got an electric pellet stove to replace a really crappy wood burning stove. I enjoy the pellet heat much better, the pellets are easy to store and are environmentally friendly since they're just shaped wood mill scraps. I have been thinking a lot lately about getting an inverter and since we plan to replace the car battery soon, it would be a great opportunity to try that out at minimal cost. More recently, I got to thinking about how the pellet stove is pretty much just 2 fans; one for blowing heat into the room and the other for exhaust. It does have an ignitor that requires electricity but they can be manually lit easily. I'm pretty sure I could get an inverter hooked up and run the pellet stove's fans for a while on a battery (or several). On top of that, I've been looking into propane heaters, they actually make some that are ok to use indoors.

Our water is well pumped, I'm not so sure that it could be run on a battery system easily since it feeds 2 other homes (and they probably wouldn't pay or invest in a setup like that) and I'm also pretty sure that it requires 220v which would be more difficult to get an inverter for that. Being without water isn't too big of a deal, we did it about a month ago when the pump died. We have some 30 gallon containers that we went and got filled up to flush toilets and whatnot then some distilled water for washing and drinking. The week it was out, we managed pretty good.

Jonnym

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 05:20:04 AM »
220v is stardard european voltage, I'm sure most inverters from old UPS's will switch between 110 and 220. unless your talking about 3-phase which is 415v in europe and i've yet to see a 415v inverter.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 05:37:26 AM »
Hmmmm, I might pick up an old UPS at a resell store that the battery died in, hopefully it will be a 12v battery (I don't know much about UPS's). I can't wait to start messing with a setup. I will definitely post pics :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager