Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Unnamed map WIP  (Read 7775 times)

Offline MothaGoosE

Re: Unnamed map WIP
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 00:49:43 AM »
Heres an update on the parking garage (West spawn) The inner part of the parking garage is not actually access able - otherwise it would be spawn camper heaven. lol

http://s1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh608/321goose123/Map%20Update%207-17/

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 00:54:38 AM »
Looks like a rich buildings parking garage. I can't put my finger on it but something is off. I guess it's the game engines graphical limitations. It's one of the spiffiest parking garages I've ever seen though, bonus points for that.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 01:32:05 AM »
I assume those parking space lines are meshes so disable shadow casting on them, it looks weird. The stop gate looks nifty, perhaps it could be an activated mover just for fun.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 02:28:44 AM »
Blue: You might be right. I've still got things to add, like vents and stuff.

Spanky: They are sheets. For some reason, they won't show over the floor when flush with it. It's probably me just being a noob, but I did intend to eventually fix it. I thought about making the gate move, but it's there to show that you can't go back there. And thanks, I just built it real quick.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 03:00:13 AM »
Spanky: They are sheets. For some reason, they won't show over the floor when flush with it. It's probably me just being a noob, but I did intend to eventually fix it. I thought about making the gate move, but it's there to show that you can't go back there. And thanks, I just built it real quick.

Ha ha. Okay bear with me because this could cause the editor to spit and flail its arms around. If you've used photoshop, you know how layers work. The top layer will show over the bottom layer. Almost the same story here in unrealed. You want the sheet brush to be "on top" of the brush its intersecting with. I don't have the editor up (and I'm too lazy to bring it up), but I think this is the process. Select the sheet and the subtracted brush it is flush with. Right click on either of the selected brushes so you can bring up the right-click menu. I think in CSG there should be a menu option called Swap grouping, layer, position, order, something. You basically click that option, do a build all and hope it works.

Let me recap that complicated wall of text. Your basically changing the order of precedence for two brushes occupying the same 3d space.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 03:07:23 AM »
^^ I never understood any of that crap.

Easier solution: Projector

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 03:09:26 AM »
Spanky is a man of efficiency. I just state the facts :)

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 03:17:30 AM »
Blue's way is probably better. I'm just lazy and do things the way I know how. Beyond creating, deleting and vertex editing BSP, I don't know how to do anything else. Projectors are nice but for parking lines, you gotta make sure they don't project on particles and pawns, that would look odd. You can also make Projectors dependent on level detail which is nice.

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 03:22:31 AM »
Okay, I understand. I'm assuming that, like most things so far, I have to painstakingly go through and do this for each sheet? While I'm here, I am also having an issue with the glass emitters in the windows. When any window is broken, all glass  emitters start throwing glass at once.

I'll also look up projectors. Thanks again!

"Spanky is a man of efficiency. I just state the facts :)" Both are very helpful

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 03:26:36 AM »
When any window is broken, all glass  emitters start throwing glass at once.

Did you really think you could copypasta the windows and the editor would automatically know that each one was different and link the emitters to the windows differently?

UnrealEd isn't THAT easy :) Go into the window mesh and set DamagedEvent or DestroyedEvent to something unique (window1) and set the emitter the same... it's somewhere in the Emitter settings like Object or some shit, I don't remember. There's probably a tutorial on it. Point is, each window & emitter have to have unique names from other windows and emitters.

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 03:35:29 AM »
*shifty eyes* uh maybe :P

That sounds simple enough. Just gonna have to invest in some bionic hands afterwords XD

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 12:53:27 PM »
Looks great to me! I've yet to play it (going to right after I've finished posting), but it looks pretty good to me.

A few areas seem to be a bit ... well empty (again, looking at the pictures), but as its a WIP it can be worked on in areas that do need more objects.
The scenery looks a lot like WC, but I think that's just saying "this looks familiar, I better try it", so I think that's good :)

Anyway, off to playing the version that was posted :)

EDIT:
Just played it, looks amazing, a LOT of mobility available. It's gonna be hard checking all those crates and places for people when trying to take an objective that the enemy has, but then again the enemy has to look at many entrances as well. I haven't of course played yet, but it seems pretty fun to me.

Have you figured out what kind of weapon layout there's gonna be? Will there be IF guys? Will there be grenades, how many smokes/flashes etc? This can of course wait, but for a first beta or something, these things will have to be somewhat figured out :)

The room next to the conference room near A objective was quite a big room, but it was completely empty (and it seemed to me there were some weird lights that game through the door from the conference room or something)
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 15:40:27 PM by teddy_grizzly_bear »
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 15:48:15 PM »
Big thing I just remembered. Make sure the enemy skins are NOT IBTC otherwise if you ever play test the map, all the enemies look like friendlies. You should set it to the standard Opfor just to make it easy for yourself.

Offline Alex

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 15:51:14 PM »
Big thing I just remembered. Make sure the enemy skins are NOT IBTC otherwise if you ever play test the map, all the enemies look like friendlies. You should set it to the standard Opfor just to make it easy for yourself.
lol. Yes. No idea why the editor defaults the enemies to friendly skins.

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 16:50:22 PM »
Enemy skins and meshes are CivOp like in WC. :

The load outs are:
18c with 4 frags, 2 flashes, 2smokes, no incendiary, 203 disabled.
18z with 4 frags, 2 smokes (3 18z per team)
18b with 1 frag, 2 smokes, 2 flashes (2 per team)
G with 1 frag, 2 smokes, 2 flashes (2 per team)
All classes carry a pistol with 4 mags for when you can't spare time to reload.
There are 4 fireteams and one squad leader per side which means it's a 34 slot map.

Thanks and I'm glad you like it! Empty rooms ate rooms that I haven't gotten to yet.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 18:01:37 PM by MothaGoosE »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager