Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Karma (Physics) Mod  (Read 8003 times)

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Karma (Physics) Mod
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2012, 17:33:08 PM »
Looks cool. Awesome to see the bump stuff working. Respawn does indeed seem to be working :D

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 20:51:11 PM »
VendorX is brilliant. The mod is fully working. But, a new problem was introduced - default values. The mod totally resets the object including the staticmesh to a hard-coded value. I think this can be changed though.

Here's a video:
http://youtu.be/gNZGk6OqwlU?hd=1
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNZGk6OqwlU[/youtube]

VendorX is going to add KMass, KFriction, KRestitution and intialStaticMesh to the respawn so those don't reset to default values for a new round. That should make it so that we can have different objects of different mass around the map. I'm not sure what to think about the disappearing that happened in that video. It seems like the object was always there, it just wasn't being drawn. All in all, it's a working physics mod that allows players to shoot and push objects around. Can't complain about that!
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 22:24:06 PM by Spanky »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 01:55:34 AM »
Awesome man. That's basically flawless. Great job to VendorX and Nate.

I like the part where you hop on the barrel and walk. Now if we could get buoyancy working we could have a good round of southern log racing :D
« Last Edit: Friday, January 27, 2012, 02:00:10 AM by BlueBlaster »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #63 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 02:13:17 AM »
That's the great part about his work... he converted the whole GoodKarma mod. WaterVolume is valid in the mod. The only thing that doesn't work is KActor destruction, for some reason the Karma engine in AA causes issues with KActors having "health" so that part is disabled. But we can do inactivity respawns, respawn effects, respawn sounds, bump damage, bouyancy and more. Check out the mod :) Just be sure to copy over the mAAp staticmeshes as well, the mod uses the barrel in there by default.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #64 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 19:32:17 PM »
I have a tutorial on how to make subclasses for this mod so that means we can have unlimited meshes all with different physics properties and values and they should all respawn properly. Looks like the public beta will be full of win.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 20:45:46 PM »
Awesome. I've got good values for the very large wooden crate and the asdf cardboard boxes. So I'll make some subclasses whenever. School has been piling up on me even though it just started lol.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #66 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 21:33:06 PM »
Awesome. Before you create a subclass or do anything for the mod, hop on MSN. I'm juggling different versions and just now got the latest version so I'm going to try to organize everything to make it tidy. I can also explain some stuff on MSN.

*EDIT*
I just created the default Wooden Box that's plastered all over Bridge. I also set it's Karma values and the default Barrel to the values you set in Spankyville, they seemed to be pretty accurate IMO. I'm going to compile then upload to Dropbox and start work on a Karma version of PBall for the public beta.

*EDIT*
Barrel and Box are in the mod on Dropbox. One thing I'm unsure of is to how to put the pivot point for the barrel in the center so the mass is in the center. Any idea on how to do that Blue? I know you can right-click and place the pivot but there's no vertex in the middle of the barrel to click on.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 27, 2012, 23:13:30 PM by Spanky »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager