Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Interdiction converting  (Read 4650 times)

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: Interdiction converting
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 04:25:12 AM »
You can put stuff in the mAAp files. It just gets tricky because you have to load the whole package (3 pieces of paper) and then save it (which often makes the editor crash) and then copy it to Dropbox and tell us to update it.

I think you can kind of understand why we haven't made the editor public yet :) More headaches than what it's worth just so noobs can put a yeti inside a box and call it a fun map.

Yep i thought about it cause i see you updated some packages quite often during the last days and i'm worried about writing over new copies. Anyway i have to do a lot of practice over the editor before safely importing staticmeshes or textures into the maap packages.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 08:54:25 AM »
posting here instead of using the bug thread to keep that clean-

Hmm yes i was actually trying to set one different object to be achieved by every team, but even setting up two objectives might work. One is close to Assault spawn, and the other one is close to the Defense one. This is done to "hopefully" get the two teams to cover and fight for the object rather than for the pure kills. Very much like in Urban Assault, which in fact has 2 different objects which can be taken by both of the teams (bTakeTurns).

I was actually wondering if Hospital had the objectives layout i had in mind (1 for each time) but i kinda imagine that it has to be about killing the vip object (the vip) causing the round to close with one team (ambush) to win (BRequiredToWin with the only class that can trigger the obj being the vip one). It's a neat setup but i can't have the same in Interdiction for a very simple reason, the vip would hide all around (and there's plenty to hide in this map).

You then happen to apply a sound that it's called "Interrogation Whisper" onto a women characther, and then discover that it actually is a manly whisper. Lolz.

Nevermind, i've found the way, i just need to set each object to be used only by a certain class from the weapon class equipment. The sad thing is, this way i have to set up all of the team with that specific class otherwise last survivors might belong to a different class if i set more than 1 weapon class into 1 team (e.g. 7 m4 weapon slots and 1/2 ar slots). It doesnt look like i can tell him i want more classes to be able to use the obj, nor i know how to set an higher level class that would contain each whole Defense/Assault team (i actually don't know if it's possible to create custom classes that contain other classes).

I don't see a chance to use a tag either.

EDIT: ok great i didnt even need to modify anything, the spawn class change didn't seem to be relevant about the weapon loadout. Now how do i modify the weapon loadout -.-
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 09:14:17 AM by Koden »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 10:36:48 AM »
Select the PlayerStarts and use the settings in AGP_Playerstart, something like RemoveInventory and AddInventory. Gotta do each clip and nade by hand, it's tedious.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 11:24:21 AM »
I got up early this morning to go meet a client but it snowed like crazy overnight so I can't get out. I called them and was waiting for a call back to make sure they weren't waiting for me so I decided to hop on this lovely forums to answer a few queries.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 12:08:42 PM »
Ah, good to know I got a successful troll in and it's not even 9am :)

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 12:35:06 PM »
Select the PlayerStarts and use the settings in AGP_Playerstart, something like RemoveInventory and AddInventory. Gotta do each clip and nade by hand, it's tedious.

I had a little issue that prevents me from using Spawn classes to determine which object belongs to which team: basically i choose the class but the change doesn't seems to be taken in effect. Any class i choose for both object and the playerstart it never let me use the object, and yet it doesn't even change the playerstart name! O.o

So, for now i'm using turns. It's not a bad thing though, teams should already have to check for both objects so it still makes sense.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 16:42:20 PM by Koden »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 12:57:17 PM »
I have no idea what you're talking about Koden.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 16:38:13 PM »
I'm equally confused.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 16:44:17 PM »
Nah don't worry, fixed now.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 18:54:31 PM »
I kept working on Interdiction, still have an issue with a T_AAO_Metal package which shouldn't be anywhere in the map but still bothers. Objective replaced, more like urban assault, many of the bugs Spanky posted are fixed. 

Jonny gave me another day or two so ill be completing the remaining things tomorrow (tuesday).

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #25 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 19:00:39 PM »
I kept working on Interdiction, still have an issue with a T_AAO_Metal package which shouldn't be anywhere in the map but still bothers.

What do you mean?

Could you list the bugs you've fixed from the list? I'll remove them.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 17:59:06 PM »
Completed fixing up the reported bugs. The latest version is already on Dropbox.

[MAP]Interdiction - Feb 23th 2012 - Koden - Added 2 civilians with related objectives (triggertime25), partial objective set up, moved defense spawn points to the lower floor, and fixed uniform issue.
[MAP]Interdiction - Feb 24th 2012 - Koden8- Added Playerblock area to the North exit tunnel to avoid players falling down.
[MAP]Interdiction - Feb 24th 2012 - Koden - Fixed various light fixtures and rods that were missing (including elevator ones) and the Cafe door opening upwards.
[MAP]Interdiction - Feb 24th 2012 - Koden - Added movers, that however need a fix as they rotate too much ending up into the wall.Also added a door that has to be single shotted to be activated (2nd door on the right at the bottom of the upper main room)
[MAP]Interdiction - Feb 25th 2012 - Koden - Relinked all the ambient sounds for the 2.5 packages.
[MAP]Interdiction - Feb 25th 2012 - Koden - Completed setting up the objectives.
[MAP]Interdiction - Feb 28th 2012 - Koden - Fixing the last set of light fixtures, modifying the object sets, fixing uniforms.
[MAP]Interdiction - Feb 28th 2012 - Koden - Setting off collision for the loading line bumpers in the upper main room. Adding some more sounds in the hospital area at the lower floor, and patients static meshes.
[MAP]Interdiction - Feb 28th 2012 - Koden - Temporarily taking off NPCs for the 7.2 release (server log spam issue).
[MAP]Interdiction - Feb 28th 2012 - Koden - Adding 2 radios and 4 sounds phone ringing sound emitters in the upper and mid floor. Adding harmonica and prison ambience emitters in the prison area.
[MAP]Interdiction - Feb 29th 2012 - Koden - Fixing grate movers, adding HUD text for objectives and unlockable doors, fixing main room 2nd floor material, fixing assault double fireteam leaders, cleaning out garbage meshes.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager