Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Conform: Backward Compatibility  (Read 4421 times)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: Conform: Backward Compatibility
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 03, 2012, 19:42:23 PM »
Ahhhh okay. So when you add the md5 hash for the new package the demos work?

well I dont know how it rly works, all i know is that you if modify T-maps.utx(or ay other file), users with the original file will not be able to join your server (and vice-versa), but if you use conform that wont happen, for some reason demos require the damn T-maps, I guess the same happen with maap maps. see my previous post

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/743822-ucc-conform

edit, unless the aa version with editor have its own UCC, its not possible to conform the original t-maps with the one of assist, but i think its possible to do with newer version of assist in the future.  ;D
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 03, 2012, 19:49:18 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 03, 2012, 19:53:09 PM »
Well, I doubt anyone really needs to use demorec since mAAp is so rarely played. But we can keep this in mind for future versions. It's interesting though that demorec remembers old packages and references. I would have thought demorec would just be a list of player locations and actions with timestamps and whatever map it was played on.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 03, 2012, 20:01:14 PM »
edit, unless the aa version with editor have its own UCC, its not possible to conform the original t-maps with the one of assist, but i think its possible to do with newer version of assist in the future.  ;D

I can try something which might work so don't worry :D Except I'm always busy so it won't happen soon.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager