Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: New User - Basic Questions  (Read 1107 times)

Offline xreyuk

New User - Basic Questions
« on: Wednesday, August 01, 2012, 17:57:33 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm interested in playing but have a few questions.

1 - Do I have to download the games files as well as 2.5Assist, or does 2.5Assist have them?
2 - I currently am a Mac user. If I download the Mac version, can I only play other Mac players, or can I play other platforms?
3 - If I do need to download game files, are there links anywhere?

Thanks.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: New User - Basic Questions
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 01, 2012, 18:09:58 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm interested in playing but have a few questions.

1 - Do I have to download the games files as well as 2.5Assist, or does 2.5Assist have them?
2 - I currently am a Mac user. If I download the Mac version, can I only play other Mac players, or can I play other platforms?
3 - If I do need to download game files, are there links anywhere?

Thanks.

1 - You can download the Assist, and then download the game files using the Assist itself.
2 - if your Mac runs on an Intel processor, you can use bootcamp and play the game on windows aswell (if you have a windows install aswell). However you can play against everyone, no matter if he's running on a pc or on a Mac.
3 - use the Assist, or pick this download from Softpedia http://games.softpedia.com/get/Freeware-Games/Americas-Army.shtml

Offline xreyuk

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 01, 2012, 18:10:41 PM »
Thanks.

I have bootcamp setup as I have AA3 installed, so I'll probably download the Windows version as I imagine that's the most played?

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 01, 2012, 18:16:00 PM »
Thanks.

I have bootcamp setup as I have AA3 installed, so I'll probably download the Windows version as I imagine that's the most played?

Little update to my post, i forgot the Mac version is actually supporting only Powerpc Mac's so you'll have to use the Windows version.

http://aao25.com/applemac/mac-os-x-10-7-lion-aa-2-5-assist-not-supported/

As for the amount of players, it doesn't matter which version you play, you'll be able to play with everyone no matter what (except on Linux for a physics issue regarding that version but that's related to just one map).
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 01, 2012, 18:19:33 PM by Koden »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager