Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: X-fi settings help !  (Read 17625 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: X-fi settings help !
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, January 19, 2014, 03:02:34 AM »
Just an fyi, if you intend to look like an arrogant douche bag like you claim, nobody is going to take you seriously. And if nobody takes you seriously, I don't understand what you're trying to get out of posting here. That is unless you're just here to troll, which seems likely at this point.
This.

Ares, you claim to have some 'obviously good advice, suggestions and pointers in the stuff you write', which would suggest you'd like to contribute in a way.
But with the tone of your posts you will never really be able to contribute anything.
If you wish to suggest something, do it in a clear way. No need to add all the 'puns' you're apparently adding.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #76 on: Sunday, January 19, 2014, 06:45:32 AM »
nowadays there is nearly no competition base left, the glorious times are gone.

what i dont understand is, why are the few competition-players left so cramping on these grey-area-things. u are eagerly searching for competition, not finding it, but on the other side not willing to make the game fair. the aim should be to make the game fair so that competition can flourish again. it would be a challenge for u to compete without those things and for all the others a motivation to compete again, cause they have a chance to.

on the other hand aa25-devs should know that this game highly benefits from competition and has the perfect requirements for it. u can see it in the past and in the current leagues flc and desbl http://www.desbl.de/index.php?page=public&site=chooseseason&gid=5
for it, u have to provide fair circumstances. solutions for bugs and exploits are vital.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, January 19, 2014, 07:22:46 AM »
Ares, even wars have rules.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Conventions

For this game the closest we got is the TOS, that you agreed to be able to play this game

For explots like quickswap and what not:
This ax extract of the TOS, check out xii

Code: [Select]
The Licensee is considered violating the Terms of Service if you, the Licensee:
(i) Harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly
     sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation,
                     religion, heritage, etc.
(ii) Transmit or facilitate distribution of content that is harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive,
                       vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, or in
                       a reasonable person's view, objectionable. Hate speech is not tolerated.
(iii) Disrupt the flow of chat in AA with vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting [all caps] in
                       an attempt to disturb other users, "spamming" or flooding [posting repetitive text].
(iv) Impersonate another person (including celebrities); indicate falsely that you are a Dev, or attempt to
                       mislead users by indicating that you represent Assist or it's Devs.
(v) Attempt to get a password, account information, or other private information from anyone else on Assist
                      or AA.
(vi) Promote or encourage any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.
(vii) Upload files that contain a virus or corrupted data.
(viii) Use or distribute "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility"
                        software program or applications.
(ix) Modify any part of the Assist service.
(x) Post and/or distribute any player's real-world personal information inside Assist or AA.
(xi) Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the Assist or AA servers.
(xii) Use and/or distribute exploits to gain an unfair advantage in a game.
(xiii) Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy playing AA.
The geneva convention im well aware of, having been in a active warzone i feel all of it and keep it close to me. I can tell you how to remove fastswap and it's workaround. I'd like to contribute in the sense of having fair gameplay, sure. But not at the expense of dying competitive playing, which is already dead. The small amount we have left, we'd like to keep. There are ways and cvars which can get rid of most of the bugs, exploits and cheats (most, never all of them) . You just gotta know the right people who are willing to put in time. I'm coming through here as sinciere as i can. I'd like to help if you let me. I'll bring on some guys who can enforce and encourage a change in attitude in these supertweakers and whatnot. I'll keep adding small puns to people I feel deserve them, since this is the internet, some puns and kicks in the butt are all but fun. I'll tone everything down though since I come across as a total retard, being the only one playing the game, the intention has always been trying to get someone else to join me in the bitching. This is how I always done it, don't work here obviously so i'll just stop. I'll never be like antiarmycheat and suck dem cocks though. Yes i just said that.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #78 on: Sunday, January 19, 2014, 09:20:15 AM »
Calm your tits

Your posts doesn't give a proper conclusion to why not removing exploits, bugs, tweaks.(Basically you're saying competition will die, well it won't because a real competition will start after everyone is equal and wont use any kind of advantage.)

Why do you call yourself a competitor player? You use advantage over others, I would only say you're a competitor if you still good without any kind of advantages.

I guess you got the wrong information about me, please re talk with your source about correct information then you can reply to me.

You think you know everything better than anyone else in competitive way, well, you're not.

It doesn't make you any better if you were in the warzone, in the army...
I don't think you understand how much this is important, it does not make you number 1 here just because you were in the army, I was in the army too for 7 Months so don't throw basic crap of non-sense over here.

Yes, the game supposed to be as realistic as possible, as steady as possible, removing these kind of advantages releases these things and develops into the better game.

So, devs can't change nothing now? They/we should listen to competitive players and jump around them? Total bullshit. It is not your game, this game does not stand by only competitive players who keep the game alive, there are actually more pubbers than any of your kind players.

You will never contribute to this game with your childish and tough internet warrior style with IQ of knowing everything that competitive player knows. If you want to help, change yourself and start helping in a good way.

Its good that this discussion returns to forums... It is important to re discuss and accept the decision made on the current or next state of the game. Why you so scared to have no advantage?

And about your last sentence, please be aware that there are forum rules of no swearing and similar things.

You just like to troll and argue, please also don't forget to re read the previous posts of how much crap you talk and how much truth has been said form your side and from other side.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 19, 2014, 09:23:16 AM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #79 on: Sunday, January 19, 2014, 09:28:29 AM »
Anyway, I wont reply to you any more on this specific thread because you will still keep arguing. Just so you know, I support the truth, the game without advantages, equal to everyone. I don't call anyone a competitive player because using advantages doesn't make you that kind of player... I would be happy if there was only one competitive player without using any advantage.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, January 19, 2014, 09:31:01 AM »
Calm your tits

Your posts doesn't give a proper conclusion to why not removing exploits, bugs, tweaks.(Basically you're saying competition will die, well it won't because a real competition will start after everyone is equal and wont use any kind of advantage.)

Why do you call yourself a competitor player? You use advantage over others, I would only say you're a competitor if you still good without any kind of advantages.

I guess you got the wrong information about me, please re talk with your source about correct information then you can reply to me.

You think you know everything better than anyone else in competitive way, well, you're not.

It doesn't make you any better if you were in the warzone, in the army...
I don't think you understand how much this is important, it does not make you number 1 here just because you were in the army, I was in the army too for 7 Months so don't throw basic crap of non-sense over here.

Yes, the game supposed to be as realistic as possible, as steady as possible, removing these kind of advantages releases these things and develops into the better game.

So, devs can't change nothing now? They/we should listen to competitive players and jump around them? Total bullshit. It is not your game, this game does not stand by only competitive players who keep the game alive, there are actually more pubbers than any of your kind players.

You will never contribute to this game with your childish and tough internet warrior style with IQ of knowing everything that competitive player knows. If you want to help, change yourself and start helping in a good way.

Its good that this discussion returns to forums... It is important to re discuss and accept the decision made on the current or next state of the game. Why you so scared to have no advantage?

And about your last sentence, please be aware that there are forum rules of no swearing and similar things.

You just like to troll and argue, please also don't forget to re read the previous posts of how much crap you talk and how much truth has been said form your side and from other side.
I don't give a proper conclusion because removing all bugs and exploits will never be an option, hence not possible. Every player tries gaining an advantage, playing fair and letting people kill you really aint what gaming is about. Being pretty much the only one out of competitive players that's been around since day 1 i don't title myself as knowing everything better than everyone else, i just point out what has been in the past, which hasnt worked, or worked.
I never stated it made me a better anything, player, person, fucktard. I stated that I know the geneva convention, not because i've read bout it, but beacause i've emplied it. You jumping to conclusions saying im throwing basic crap around. Read it again if you had a hard time understanding it the first time.

This proves my point that you have no understanding of the game, you saying they should remove the bugs and whatnot for it to be fair for everyone, it ain't possible. People will always find a way, if there were a way, don't you think they would have removed them in the previous 10 versions? I'm well aware of that it's the pubbers keeping the game alive, and i stand my ground when i say that a competitive player has more knowledge of the game and it's dynamics than the average pubber, even if they're the one keeping the game allive.

Like I stated in my previous post I will put in an effort into actually helping, although I doubt any of my suggestions will be put into action since they'd actually work.

Truths have been spoken from me, if you're too dumb to see them, or understand them. I'm sorry mate.

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #81 on: Sunday, January 19, 2014, 10:22:22 AM »

you saying they should remove the bugs and whatnot for it to be fair for everyone, it ain't possible. People will always find a way, if there were a way, don't you think they would have removed them in the previous 10 versions?

i dont think that's a valuable argument. newer versions like 2.8.5. have already proven the opposite. lots of bugs were fixed or at least limited, which is still better than doing nothing. same goes with the anticheat-discussion we had lately. doing nothing was never a option, even if it's impossible to catch them all. but just give up on the case? comon u already offered ur help. i'd like to see this discussion becoming constructive, no so much trash talk and "know it better".

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, January 19, 2014, 10:42:19 AM »
i dont think that's a valuable argument. newer versions like 2.8.5. have already proven the opposite. lots of bugs were fixed or at least limited, which is still better than doing nothing. same goes with the anticheat-discussion we had lately. doing nothing was never a option, even if it's impossible to catch them all. but just give up on the case? comon u already offered ur help. i'd like to see this discussion becoming constructive, no so much trash talk and "know it better".
Don't get me wrong, which all of you obviously did. I'm all for leveling the gameplay having everyone fight out of the same corner and having the same standards, but seeing this is AA, with the code it has. Removing them all will never be an option, in 2.8.5 they tried, but failed. Fastswap being the best example. If you cannot remove it from the game, you need to look at it from a diffrent angle, what can you do to prevent people from using the existing ones. Adding bans for fastswap? No. (noone said that, but it'd come up for sure) My argument therefore is, don't even try removing bugs, people will work around it, I have done so in the past without problems simply because people still used it, hence gaining an unfair advantage over me, so i leveled the gameplay and used it too. I didn't want to loose, simple as.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #83 on: Sunday, January 19, 2014, 12:08:47 PM »
Ares, I must correct you on one thing, some bugs are able to get fixed, however do not have the idea that everything can be totally fixed and evened out. There are some bugs which just give more trouble if you try to "fix" them so it's not worth the effort to do so.

A good example of bugs which people didnt mention:

The wood you can jump on next to west obj (YES ITS A BUG)
The 18B slot with parental control to 18C (OBVIOUSLY an exploit and mostly pubpeople using it which are so severely "anti-cheat" (this disgusts me the most) )
Being walking crouch/standing against an object, so you can see and shoot over a wall while they see you are crouching against the wall.

I think the last 2 exploits have a severely bigger impact as doing a fastswap.

I also think bugs like the parental control CAN be disabled and SHOULD be fixed. However the other 2 are game mechanics and without the source code I think every effort in fixing them is a waste of time and will probably cause more trouble to happen.

I agree with ares on the fact that most competitive players have more experience, because they played the game in 2 different ways: with an organized team and set up tactics and coordination, and just in public playstyle. I think we have more experience in how much of an influence a small change in where you spawn can be (locking down an opposing team totally because of a good push.

The reason why I for example am against random spawns is because randomness is never good in my opinion, especially not in competition. Look at SF Extraction, if you spawn in the SE corner and enemy in SW, the SW team almost always wins if they are equal. With some bad luck you lose a lot of rounds and it will be a lot less fun for those people. I'd rather have a set spawn which is pretty much balanced as it is now so you at least know your chances.

Nothing is more frustrating than losing because of being unlucky by random spawns or the similar. Just like it aint fun to face a 18C with pistol if you got random guns (I hate random guns anyways).

A small change in spawnpoints can have a HUGE influence in how the game turns out.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, January 19, 2014, 12:36:09 PM »
You guys, don't you understand what Ares is saying? He doesn't want bugs to be fixed because that would mean fair gameplay and it would totally ruin the small competitive scene that's still alive. I mean, could you imagine how horrible competitive players would be if they had to rely solely on skill?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, January 19, 2014, 12:38:44 PM »
You guys, don't you understand what Ares is saying? He doesn't want bugs to be fixed because that would mean fair gameplay and it would totally ruin the small competitive scene that's still alive. I mean, could you imagine how horrible competitive players would be if they had to rely solely on skill?
No, that's not at all what im saying, thats what you obviously think im saying. What I am saying on the other hand is the following: If you can fix the bugs, without the chance of people circumventing them, go for it. There's no real reason fixing a bug, glitch or anything else if people still work around them. I was generally speaking of weaponbugs, such as fastswap. Being bugged by west obj, or walking forward when crouched to a wall on Urban assault still being able to shoot, is fixable and you should go ahead and do that if possible.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #86 on: Sunday, January 19, 2014, 13:50:00 PM »
Exactly, when it can be 100% fixed, do it for sure, but if you fix it in such way that some people can still do it but others have trouble doing it, it actually makes it worse.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, January 19, 2014, 17:49:37 PM »
Exactly, when it can be 100% fixed, do it for sure, but if you fix it in such way that some people can still do it but others have trouble doing it, it actually makes it worse.
Like trying to spam singlefire shots today, not possible. Like having sausage fingers. Good intentions were behind the decision of removing the ability to scrollfire singleshots, but it turned out bad.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, January 19, 2014, 18:00:31 PM »
Like trying to spam singlefire shots today, not possible. Like having sausage fingers. Good intentions were behind the decision of removing the ability to scrollfire singleshots, but it turned out bad.
You do realize that the weapon has to cycle the spent round casing and load a new cartridge into the chamber right? That takes time which the developers measured in the real world and implemented in-game. What we did to "fix" the singlefire didn't make it bad, it made it realistic and exactly as the devs intended it to be.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, January 19, 2014, 18:06:43 PM »
You do realize that the weapon has to cycle the spent round casing and load a new cartridge into the chamber right? That takes time which the developers measured in the real world and implemented in-game. What we did to "fix" the singlefire didn't make it bad, it made it realistic and exactly as the devs intended it to be.
I fire 7.62' rounds in singlemode, faster than i do in AA, it's a weapon, and it's mechanics allow for automatic fire, hence it isnt the mechanism causing the singleshot to be slow, it's the finger of the one shooting. I thought you delayed it because of the fact that people exploited the scrollfire function.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager