Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: VSync  (Read 4743 times)

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: VSync
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 16:43:11 PM »
lol, I have a bias towards Nvidia. I like them more for the dumbest reason: I understand the way they name their graphics cards much more than ATI. I always have to google when people talk about ATI cards.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 16:47:57 PM »
lol, I have a bias towards Nvidia. I like them more for the dumbest reason: I understand the way they name their graphics cards much more than ATI. I always have to google when people talk about ATI cards.

Huge space for debate opening here...but i'd rather end here this (although interesting) offtopic.

However for the record and Spanky's disapproval i never use V-sync. Screen tearing isn't an issue for me, i get much more annoyed by lines aliasing.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 16:59:37 PM »
Vsync is only worth it if triple buffering is enabled. Otherwise it's better to play with Vsync off.

However tbh, with the settings menu coming back, it's not worth turning Vsync on by default.

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
  • AA: guily6669
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 17:05:28 PM »
Haha I hate Nvidias....

I was an ATI fan. Though since AMD bought ATI and changed their name to AMD, Screw them.

I hate the nvidia control panel, why don't they change that crapt. And I have GTX570, however I'm only having problems with it, and I'm pissed. First, on the witcher I was always crashing, some times I loaded game everything got psychedelic. And las I'm having lag in every god damn modern gun which should run on max with this card.

And now after flashing the Bios of the graphic card, I cant install the lates beta updates or the PC just gives a blue screen and doesn't go to windows...

ps: I'm pissed why I didn't chosen HD6970 instead of this crapt GTX570
Keep Cool

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 18:41:01 PM »
Guily, I'll take that piece of shit 570 off your hands if you want :)

I used to like Nvidia for one reason: CUDA. But ATI has caught up and now CoreAVC can use DXVA and some other method with ATI cards to render HD videos. Considering that and the fact that CUDA & PhysX are crap and that ATI uses less power and scales better in CrossFire... why buy Nvidia.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
  • AA: guily6669
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 19:17:03 PM »
Hell yeah, I'm with you spanky :).

Ati improved so much. They used to be smoked by SLI, but for a long time ATI has probably even got better than sli.

About my GTX570, it's working the way I told. Every god damn game runs slow, Have lot's of 3d artifacts and textures not loading right (maybe it's defective).

And I can't test this computer, because I know no one around that has such an advanced hardware. So I cant test my DDR3 on other pc, can't test the graphic card in a proper pc that would have power for it and PCI 2.0... Everyone I know has older pc's and the maximum, I know a guy which has a Core 2 6600, but not ddr3, neither pci xp 2.0.

I'm screwed up to see what's the problem. (I bought the pc part by part from 3 different sites, and I mounted everything the right way)...

ps: Also I have a Raid0 of 2 500gb WD caviar black...
Keep Cool

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager