Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Poll

Would you like to be able to play as OPFOR?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Let OPFOR be OPFOR  (Read 6612 times)

Offline rifkenhausen

Re: Let OPFOR be OPFOR
« Reply #15 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 15:06:02 PM »
Terrorists and counter-terrorists are in the crap CS 4 kids.

Ability to chose sides is standard feature of Cs and EVERY SINGLE FPS game out there. Ever. And who mentioned terrorists? Lets not bring politics in here please.

However, having a terrorist and counter-terrorist mod without touching in the original game, but just as a server mod, I wouldn't mind. Now changing the game would kinda kill it a bit.
This is what I was thinking exactly. Server side mod which would just switch the "code" and not art since models, textures, sounds and voice comms all have their opposite analogue in the game already.

ps: And also USA would get M16 single and burst while you would get the AK which kills better. It would require too many changes to make it that way...
I would not worry about balance too much. Mosin gets no sidearm. AK 47 kicks like a mule in full auto, M16 is fine in both modes. I think the balance of the game would not change at all.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #16 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 15:35:26 PM »
Quote from: Engine.LevelInfo
enum EDefaultBinoc {
  BINOC_M22,
  BINOC_M24,
  BINOC_Tank,
  BINOC_Newt
};

enum EWeaponSkinSet {
  WSKINS_Default,
  WSKINS_Desert,
  WSKINS_Arctic
};

enum EMesh {
  MESH_Soldier,
  MESH_DesOp,
  MESH_Arctic,
  MESH_OPFOR,
  MESH_IBCT,
  MESH_CivOp,
  MESH_SF,
  MESH_OpInfantry,
  MESH_ArcOpFor,
  MESH_SF_Arctic
};

enum ESkinSet {
  SKINS_Forest,
  SKINS_Desert,
  SKINS_OpFor,
  SKINS_DesOp,
  SKINS_Arctic,
  SKINS_IBCT,
  SKINS_ArcOpFor,
  SKINS_Training,
  SKINS_CivOp,
  SKINS_OpInfantry,
  SKINS_SF_Arctic
};

I was working in a OPFOR Server Mod days ago, the only thing that failed was the modded ak74-su other guns replacement ar ok, i have it compiled and working, but theres only players 2 skins, more can be added later.
if anyone want it just tell me.

« Last Edit: Friday, March 30, 2012, 15:36:59 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Alex

« Reply #17 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 15:38:59 PM »
I was working in a OPFOR Server Mod days ago, the only thing that failed was the modded ak74-su other guns replacement ar ok, i have it compiled and working, but theres only players 2 skins, more can be added later.
if anyone want it just tell me.
How does that work? Does it make it to where 1 team is U.S. with U.S. weapons and skins and the other is Opfor with Opfor weapons in skins? That's what this thread is about.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 15:44:38 PM »
How does that work? Does it make it to where 1 team is U.S. with U.S. weapons and skins and the other is Opfor with Opfor weapons in skins? That's what this thread is about.

everyone play as opfor, but i think its possible to make two diferent teams, like,
if(Team0)
SetEnemySkin bla bla bla
if(Team1),
blablabla, understood?

edit, guess i got it now, but i need someone to test in a server with atleast 2 ppl :D
« Last Edit: Friday, March 30, 2012, 15:56:49 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #19 on: Friday, March 30, 2012, 18:27:08 PM »
lol, keep the game play the same. I like the fact that the gun roles on BOTH sides are generally EQUAL... you want to use ak? svd? rpk? listen for the gun to fire and hunt his ass down, then you got ur gun... dont need to change anything that keeps this game original.

I think if they do anything with skins, they should bring back the old skins in 1.7 of opfor on from icamp... they use to look arab and have turbines!
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline rifkenhausen

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 02:05:26 AM »
everyone play as opfor, but i think its possible to make two diferent teams, like,
if(Team0)
SetEnemySkin bla bla bla
if(Team1),
blablabla, understood?

edit, guess i got it now, but i need someone to test in a server with atleast 2 ppl :D

That's great news! Let me know at what time to test it, and I will help you! Do you already have a server running this?

P.S. Why are so many people scared that US will get ran over by OPFOR? I will challenge anyone in here for a duel with M16 against AK47, close quarters or any map they want.

P.P.S. @soupcakes; I think it's called turbans(head wear), not turbines(rotation generator)
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 02:13:32 AM by rifkenhausen »

Offline Alex

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 02:17:32 AM »

P.S. Why are so many people scared that US will get ran over by OPFOR? I will challenge anyone in here for a duel with M16 against AK47, close quarters or any map they want.
Dude, you're full of yourself.

Offline rifkenhausen

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 02:21:32 AM »
Dude, you're full of yourself.

It may look like that to you, but I am trying to prove something. Let's see for real how M16 compares to AK47.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 02:23:47 AM »
Um... if that's all you want then how about admin forceclass?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 02:27:17 AM »
It may look like that to you, but I am trying to prove something. Let's see for real how M16 compares to AK47.
The only way you could possibly know is for 2 people of the exact same skill to play each other. And seeing as nobody has the exact same skill as someone else, a 1 vs 1 is useless.

Offline rifkenhausen

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 02:34:15 AM »
Ok, you are right, that was stupid of me. I only mentioned it because I was pissed off that people were saying how AK47 would be automatic win against M16...

But what do you say about this server mod? Do you know if there is a server running it right now?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 02:40:18 AM »
lol, keep the game play the same. I like the fact that the gun roles on BOTH sides are generally EQUAL... you want to use ak? svd? rpk? listen for the gun to fire and hunt his ass down, then you got ur gun... dont need to change anything that keeps this game original.

I think if they do anything with skins, they should bring back the old skins in 1.7 of opfor on from icamp... they use to look arab and have turbines!
what I'm making is a Server mod, just dont play in those servers, and I wan't to see turbans too lol

about the mod, no one have it already, if u want jusk ask me for it.

Offline rifkenhausen

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 02:42:22 AM »
what I'm making is a Server mod, just dont play in those servers, and I wan't to see turbans too lol

Hello there! Let's go and test it RIGHT NOW! :)))

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
  • AA: guily6669
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 09:00:57 AM »

Ability to chose sides is standard feature of Cs and EVERY SINGLE FPS game out there. Ever. And who mentioned terrorists? Lets not bring politics in here please.
Well in AA you can chose your side... Either Attack team which his objective is different depending on the map.

And a Defense team that stops the other team from doing the objective.

About the guns, well... In any close quarters combat I always pick the AK47 and RPK from dead enemies, as they all have auto and have higher damage, and kill a lot better in close combat. Now on aim maps like bridge I almost never pick the Ak47 (Some times I pick it just to kill people from near only)...

ps: This mod would take a lot of work, I would prefer my self to see new guns in the gun like an MP5 SD special forces which is one of my favorite guns...

Hehe. Nice playing with you yesterday :).

I will test the mod if Johny don't ban me 4 it :D
Keep Cool
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 09:04:11 AM by guily6669 »

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
  • AA: guily6669
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, April 01, 2012, 12:28:41 PM »
and high roe all around, how ever.
Totally agree. Even me that play AA since 2003 or something... I never played in SF maps. There are maps that the color of the clothes still confuse me!

Here on the 2.8.5 LAN, when I changed to a new map I never played and the others were all noobs and never played AA before, they keep shooting each other because of the strange clothes...

Having the enemy clothes would mistake a lot of players!
Keep Cool

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager