Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: I'm interested in everyone's opinion if you think he sometimes uses cheating  (Read 1356 times)

teddy_grizzly_bear and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: I'm interested in everyone's opinion if you think he sometimes uses cheating
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 12:41:32 PM »
I never liked the players who play for fr and camp.
I've been playing without sound for 20 years, just for fun

Me as well I don't use sound when i play, too annoying,,,,

Offline Bart!

Re: I'm interested in everyone's opinion if you think he sometimes uses cheating
« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 15:35:06 PM »
sadly I disagree with you,  maybe you should purchase bloody v7 mouse and see the advantages it has lol you b suprized, but you can't ban players for using a nice mouse
can turn your burst fire gun into auto mode click of a key

Not saying he's using a cheat, exploting maps most definetly just like rollos does on urban, but assist doesn't ban for exploits.

this dude chavez probably can hear a fart from 2 miles away sound makes a big differene, though i like the last 1 killed him at the last 4 seconds jump headshot lol

just another player that plays solely for frag rate on a 20 year old game roflmfao..

I would never play such a mouse which is overpriced just for an unfair advantage. That's wasting money.
I'd rather go for a mouse with precision and good grip and good durability.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 02, 2024, 12:42:18 PM »
I would never play such a mouse which is overpriced just for an unfair advantage. That's wasting money.
I'd rather go for a mouse with precision and good grip and good durability.

you may not but many do, point is unfair advantage can be done and not be caught by your anticheat
.. remember are good buddy pit23 lol, yous never caught him nor your anticheat caught him... just ban him from game

you can't say theres is no kiddie undected cheat for this game. pretty god dam sad and pathedic if people really need a cheat on a 20 year old game lol..  , I can prove you wrong but I would'nt lower myself to these lowlifes

I don't know if this dude is using or not can give 2 shits, but in spector mode he's funny as shit watching his game play after every kill he stops for 2 sec or so, maybe toggle on and toggle off who knows lol..
regarding sound i agree sound makes a big difference, but if a player isn't moving and not making a sound explain how this guys runs directly to his target every round?? lol  so i see why tommy suspects him

btw by him making a video of him playing means nothing lol,

thx god MW3 is a great game lol

Online teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 03, 2024, 04:12:35 AM »
you may not but many do, point is unfair advantage can be done and not be caught by your anticheat
.. remember are good buddy pit23 lol, yous never caught him nor your anticheat caught him... just ban him from game

you can't say theres is no kiddie undected cheat for this game. pretty god dam sad and pathedic if people really need a cheat on a 20 year old game lol..  , I can prove you wrong but I would'nt lower myself to these lowlifes
I'm sure you're right. There are always cheats that are impossible to detect with software. People have nowadays built ways of cheating that don't involve any software on the machine you're playing on. This would be impossible to detect with anticheat on the machine.
There's also other external things they could use to give them an advantage.

And this would be true even if we had a 100% accurate anti cheat (which we surely don't).
As I'm sure you're aware, cheating is also present in areas where a lot more money is spent trying to counter it. Think of sports. The mainline thinking seems to that if it's not explicitly forbidden (or if they simply cannot detect it) it's fair game.

So while I understand the frustration. And I'm not claiming there's no players on 25Assist that don't use cheats external to the game (be it software or hardware). But there's only so far we can go with what we've got available (i.e existing anti cheat and our limited capabilities of expanding it).

I don't know if this dude is using or not can give 2 shits, but in spector mode he's funny as shit watching his game play after every kill he stops for 2 sec or so, maybe toggle on and toggle off who knows lol..
regarding sound i agree sound makes a big difference, but if a player isn't moving and not making a sound explain how this guys runs directly to his target every round?? lol  so i see why tommy suspects him

btw by him making a video of him playing means nothing lol,
I also agree that this view of the video can look somewhat suspicious (only referring to the very last jump).
But we don't know how many corners he jumped around without seeing anyone.
And even if this was the only corner he jumped around it wouldn't prove anything. Sometimes you just get a gut feeling. And sometimes that gut feeling is correct.

The video provides just one example. It proves nothing.
If you observe someone for long enough, you can probably find similar instances for near about any player.

EDIT: The answer in the last part is not necessarily directed at you, Wickid.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Alex

sadly I disagree with you,  maybe you should purchase bloody v7 mouse and see the advantages it has lol you b suprized, but you can't ban players for using a nice mouse
can turn your burst fire gun into auto mode click of a key
Nah man, a "Nice Mouse" is the Logitech G Pro Superlight. A "Nice Mouse" is the Razer Deathadder V3 Pro. This mouse just sounds like it's straight up cheating and you can absolutely ban for that. We've banned macro (auto fire with one click) before and we can certainly do it again. The trick is being able to detect it.

I get the point that the anti-cheat isn't all encompassing, and it's absolutely not. We couldn't even hope to get the type of detection modern FPS games get, and even those aren't absolute. The one big benefit we have is server admins being able to ban obvious cheaters. The obvious downside is good players getting banned by bad server admins but you can't win every battle here.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 23:48:00 by Alex »

Offline TomHighway64

Nah man, a "Nice Mouse" is the Logitech G Pro Superlight. A "Nice Mouse" is the Razer Deathadder V3 Pro. This mouse just sounds like it's straight up cheating and you can absolutely ban for that. We've banned macro (auto fire with one click) before and we can certainly do it again. The trick is being able to detect it.

I get the point that the anti-cheat isn't all encompassing, and it's absolutely not. We couldn't even hope to get the type of detection modern FPS games get, and even those aren't absolute. The one big benefit we have is server admins being able to ban obvious cheaters. The obvious downside is good players getting banned by bad server admins but you can't win every battle here.

So what constitutes an obvious cheater ?

Online teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
So what constitutes an obvious cheater ?
If they stand at spawn and never move but single-headshot everyone who gets within their field of view regarldess of how many people come out at once or how far they are.

Short of something dead obvious like that, it's incredible difficult (if not impossible) distinguish a great player from a cheating one solely based on game play.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager