Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Section 1201  (Read 2726 times)

Offline ELiZ

Section 1201
« on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 09:43:02 AM »
Videogame Publishers: No Preserving Abandoned Games, Even for Museums and Archives, Because All "Hacking" is Illegal

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/04/videogame-publishers-no-preserving-abandoned-games-even-museums-and-archives

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

Re: Section 1201
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 09:58:11 AM »
So thats the end of AA...?
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 10:03:51 AM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 10:06:47 AM »
It was predictable.
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 10:10:21 AM »
no, aa is not done by a game producer. only if they would say to stop, i guess it would be the end of it.
another thing is to host that all not at the united states of america - as so many others do.

so dont be scared - and play a bit aapg, then all is good. i guess it could be a problem when no one would play aapg and all would play aa2 :)
but this is (not yet) the case :)

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 10:11:40 AM »
no, aa is not done by a game producer. only if they would say to stop, i guess it would be the end of it.
another thing is to host that all not at the united states of america - as so many others do.

so dont be scared - and play a bit aapg, then all is good. i guess it could be a problem when no one would play aapg and all would play aa2 :)
but this is (not yet) the case :)

You are very wrong in lots of aspects there. But I save time not respond so i can go outside in the sunny day and play some football with my friends.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 10:13:07 AM »
You are very wrong in lots of aspects there. But I save time not respond so i can go outside in the sunny day and play some football with my friends.

lucky you - i have to work, like every weekday. enjoy

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 10:18:18 AM »
and no, i am not wrong.
aa2 was never sold, never. its a game for free, also the versions 3 and 4.
if this would change, then maybe yes.
but all is for free. so forget that.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 10:19:11 AM »
You are misreading the article, Digital Millennium Copyright Act has been around since 1998.
The article I linked to is good news, www.eff.org is trying to add an exception for games that has been abandoned by the developers. 

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 10:23:03 AM »
You are misreading the article, Digital Millennium Copyright Act has been around since 1998.
The article I linked to is good news, www.eff.org is trying to add an exception for games that has been abandoned by the developers. 

Well the article were speaking about both things so i didn't know what direction the article went to be honest but thanks for clearing it.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 10:56:37 AM »
I got the reverse idea by only reading the title as well.

However, I'm afraid it probably won't change anything anyway.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 11:45:33 AM »
yes, thanks for clearing it.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 12:54:44 PM »
About AA2, we havent received a single letter in almost 5 years, its US ARMY game, so its all ok.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 13:36:51 PM »
People should go read the article. Their concerns are piracy and grabbing as much market share as they can. These don't really present a problem for us because the game was free to begin with and while we don't have explicit permission, we're not turning a paid game into a free game which would be an entirely different battle legally. As far as the market share, I don't think the AA team cares. It's not like we have a vastly larger playerbase than AA:PG, we're not stealing players either. If anything, we're keeping people interested in the AA franchise.

As ELiZ said, the point of this post and that article is that the EFF is essentially fighting for our rights to continue doing this.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #13 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 03:03:14 AM »
About AA2, we havent received a single letter in almost 5 years, its US ARMY game, so its all ok.

oh oh, i am in line with possessed :D

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager