Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: server setup question  (Read 4468 times)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: server setup question
« Reply #30 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 16:06:25 PM »
I just showed that it was easy to find / change, I did not asked for an overall change on Assist.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Alex

« Reply #31 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 16:06:40 PM »
Thank you! I didn't realize it was that easy, or I would of done it myself and avoided the admins who didn't want to tell me that, to keep their game safe from mods/hackers (which I understand 100%)
You can't change it, you will get kicked for a file mismatch. It would need to be changed for everyone.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 16:08:43 PM »
You can't change it, you will get kicked for a file mismatch. It would need to be changed for everyone.
HackHunter.ini is a Configuration file, not the Mod it self, so no kick.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline Alex

« Reply #33 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 16:10:41 PM »
HackHunter.ini is a Configuration file, not the Mod it self, so no kick.
Is it now? Didn't know that. :P  That seems like a loophole though if anyone can just change the amount.

Offline GoD-ICA-

« Reply #34 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 16:13:17 PM »
Is it now? Didn't know that. :P  That seems like a loophole though if anyone can just change the amount.

It's terrible, I went and looked through some of the .ini's there and there are more than just that loophole..

You can go into the .ini  and exclude PB altogether with a simple ; yet your server still looks as if it is running PB!

Don't know why anyone would want to do this, but it is possible.
<< lol @ Spell Check Button

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 16:17:53 PM »
It's terrible, I went and looked through some of the .ini's there and there are more than just that loophole..

You can go into the .ini  and exclude PB altogether with a simple ; yet your server still looks as if it is running PB!

Don't know why anyone would want to do this, but it is possible.

u can only disable PB with an Admin command or editing a file in Pb folder, I think u removed the scripts pb load.

also I saw that some server arent runing the checks correctly, must be an issue between the user & the keyboard :D.

Offline GoD-ICA-

« Reply #36 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 16:30:34 PM »
u can only disable PB with an Admin command or editing a file in Pb folder, I think u removed the scripts pb load.

also I saw that some server arent runing the checks correctly, must be an issue between the user & the keyboard :D.

If you go through pbsv.cfg and throw a ; infront of things you don't want to work (kicks for hacks; pb_sv_update; etc etc) and not turn off PB with a CMD, your server still looks as if it is running PB (and it is) but PB does absolutely nothing! because that's what it is being told to do.. ;)

Most new PB Servers (BC2,BF3.. etc..) are easy to manipulate into getting honor / other bonuses that are PB Required; while all the time 'pretending' to run PB..

It was easy in the BF3 Servers, all you had to do was tell PB NOT to update daily :D all with a simple ;
<< lol @ Spell Check Button

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 17:11:00 PM »
Thank the lord that honor and bonuses in AA don't matter.

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 18:31:51 PM »
If I type mutate normal to have a normal bridge round, I cannot, no matter how many times I type it, get the server to come out of Normal mode (mutate SF(or another weapon) forcing us to restart the server.. Please if you know the way of doing so tell me..

I remember using the weaponforcer without problems (switching to e.g. sf and then normal).

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager