Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Re: Server Mods  (Read 5610 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Re: Re: SAI Mod
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 19:12:52 PM »

in fact, i looks like this game is over now. no more players, a lot are cheating, getting banned and out them. so the countdown is real now for me.

and with that background, do so and go on with talking about stop mods on servers. better you would start talking about how to stop the cheaters, but not only by admins with a lot of work. i mean by program.

then, yes maybe then this game will survive. but for sure not if always discussions starts about mods and tools and yes and no and so. not good m8's, not good like that at all.

sorry, but my personal opinion.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: Re: Server Mods
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 03:56:13 AM »
good job vanoke - love you :)

one thing maybe i forgot about.
the weather is going better now and therefor, maybe some players do not play that often like it was at winter time. and i still can say hallo to some new players while playing (oldies but goldies :)).

so i think - as long as you admins will support this game, it will survive. so go on like before please. good work.

cya at battlefield

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 07:42:03 AM »
The game is not dead. Maybe on the competition scene. But if I see 100+ on servers I really dont think the game is dead. HT is a clan with +30 active members so the game will not be dead for some time :)

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 13:58:09 PM »
i doubt sergio and others will run it for HT clan only

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 14:00:38 PM »
Thats not how I meant it. I meant it that there are still plenty of people playing and the game is not dead.

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

Re: Server Mods
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 14:24:36 PM »
Mods make the game on certain maps interesting where players were bored before.  I can see why some are die hard game purists but there are plenty of servers running no mods.  We run a mod server, and a non-mod server, and are usually pretty successful in getting people into the non-mod server, but only if we go there.  Takes about 2-3 players before the other players (non mod whores) become interested.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 15:16:00 PM »
Shad, that's the problem. Very few are willing to be the ones that go sit in a server and wait for people to join. Then people do join and it's rare that they stay since it takes a while for a server to get balanced out. Same thing has been going on for years.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 18:56:26 PM »
spanky is right, lets say im going to empty server, waiting for some1 to join, then some player join and starts typing mod sf in chat, then i kill him for few rounds and he quits, luckly if there is few more players like me joins the server, so atleast we can play 1vs1, but lets face it, its boring.. its just 90% of current aa players are playing mods only and they suck on normal servers.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 04:43:57 AM »
[SWISS] has about 20 very active players and we always play on not modded servers (only open slots, but this was regular with 2.8.5 - also not a mod), every evening.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 16:13:09 PM »
spanky is right, lets say im going to empty server, waiting for some1 to join, then some player join and starts typing mod sf in chat, then i kill him for few rounds and he quits, luckly if there is few more players like me joins the server, so atleast we can play 1vs1, but lets face it, its boring.. its just 90% of current aa players are playing mods only and they suck on normal servers.
This is quite true, they are horrible without their precious sf and leave immediately. Not meant as an insult but it happens all the time.

Offline .scar[x]face.

« Reply #25 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 08:24:17 AM »
America's Army is definitely not dead. Many active players in many clans such as my clan (HeadHunters) and 82nd are always on. This game has potential, it just needs to get its mojo back!

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager