Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Linux server issue - Server Offline or Logfile not present  (Read 1067 times)

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

Linux server issue - Server Offline or Logfile not present
« on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 22:06:03 PM »
Not sure if this is a new problem or not.There are three processes started - the aa server, the 'serverx', and the bash export processes.  I created a script to end task on all three processes, and restart the server.  The only change was that before, I was killing them off using groupid instead of killing them off by each pid.
When I go into the server, it seems to work ok for about a min, then gun quits working.
When I exit the server, Assist will say at the bottom "Server logfile not present" or "Server Offline" and it will persist in saying that on random occasions.
Any insight as to why that happens?

JonnyM

Re: Linux server issue - Server Offline or Logfile not present
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 01:56:15 AM »
You only have to send sigterm to server-bin and it will terminate its dependant processes on exit.

Offline OICURMT2!

Re: Linux server issue - Server Offline or Logfile not present
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 06:56:41 AM »
You can type the following command to kill all AA/25Assist processes...

Code: [Select]
kill -9 `ps -aef | grep "System/server" | grep -v grep | awk ' { print $2 } ' `

Not sure if this is a new problem or not.There are three processes started - the aa server, the 'serverx', and the bash export processes.  I created a script to end task on all three processes, and restart the server.  The only change was that before, I was killing them off using groupid instead of killing them off by each pid.
When I go into the server, it seems to work ok for about a min, then gun quits working.
When I exit the server, Assist will say at the bottom "Server logfile not present" or "Server Offline" and it will persist in saying that on random occasions.
Any insight as to why that happens?

Three processes are normal and the minimum complement.

If you'd like to see my script for managing AA/25Assist... download it from http://111.67.16.10/files/

As for the logfile, make sure you have write permissions in the System directory of the installation.

OIC!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 07:02:54 AM by OICURMT2! »
--
Oh, I See You Are Empty Too !

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager