Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Daily, weekly, monthly "top" lists, clan, players and so on  (Read 8302 times)

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
Re: Daily, weekly, monthly "top" lists, clan, players and so on
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 15:09:18 PM »
This is sounding more and more like a whole new tracker being built.

One of my problems with that is, how do you differentiate a players kills last minute from this minute? Let's say last minute he had 5 kills and now he has 6 this minute. You obviously don't add 5 to 6 for total kills, that'd be wrong. What happens if the query script doesn't catch the end of the match and misses out on the kills/points added in the last round?

A full tracker is definitely possible with more stats than you could think of. The issue is time and frankly, for me, limited knowledge. I had a heck of a time figuring out how to build the code to chart numbers of players alone. It would be good if AgentStone came back around and wanted to help out to build a new tracker. Then perhaps Smoke & ELiZ could build an advanced server mod.

I dont think your quite understanding kills per hour. It is tracked in brackets on BT currently. It is simply time / kills

So I suppose it wouldnt be a running but rather showing stats from the past week, unless you can have it update on the fly?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 15:12:45 PM »
I get the concept of kills per hours but how do you implement it? How often do you scan a server? How can you be sure to queries the server before the match ends to count every kill? What if a player leaves between queries?

There's really not an efficient way to pull stats from BT unless you have the web server load the BT page and 'search' the page for a specific string. It's doable but not really efficient on large-scale. I don't even know what page you guys would want info from on BT.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 15:18:06 PM »
I gave an example scoring table to calculate the value.

Cant it scan the tracker account and calculate the values? =\.

IF it was possible you could pull all sessions from someone from _ _ _ _ date to  _ _ _ _ _ date you could do it.

I mean tracker lists recent sessions but it only lists the past 10-15 or something. If you can adjust that to keep it current in Week blocks it should be pretty easy from there?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 15:21:11 PM »
I gave an example scoring table to calculate the value.

Cant it scan the tracker account and calculate the values? =\.
From what I'm seeing, there's over 1100 unique accounts playing every day. That's a LOT of scanning to do by reading the page. Not to mention, storing and then accessing that data all for a "top player of the week". It would be cleaner (and probably easier) to start from scratch and build our own tracker.

IF it was possible you could pull all sessions from someone from _ _ _ _ date to  _ _ _ _ _ date you could do it.

I mean tracker lists recent sessions but it only lists the past 10-15 or something. If you can adjust that to keep it current in Week blocks it should be pretty easy from there?
Yea, it would be easy if we had access to the BT database but we don't and I would doubt very much that Homey would give us access. Hence, the road to building our own tracker would be by far better and more flexible. Just a lot of work.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 15:23:48 PM »
Ahhh I see I see.

well shit, new tracker it is haha. Can always have them both running so people dont get butt hurt. But if you extend the past sessions to include all from the past week....all the info is there!

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 15:32:53 PM »
I don't see where you can extend the session history. But yea, I mean, it would be different if we had scripts running on BT to access the database locally, it would be fast and efficient. I just see a lot of hassle trying to 'download' data from BT via webpages and then store it locally here. That effort put into coding that could be put into coding a tracker here. I just don't want to be the only one working on it. AgentStone has history and knowledge of building a nice tracker so we could come up with something pretty cool.

JonnyM

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 15:35:26 PM »
Building a tracker is a lot easier if you have a mod sending you that stats rather than having to build stats from snapshots taken by querying the server.
Also i see no problem with exporting BT stats onto any new tracker system.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 15:36:30 PM »
Fingers crossed!

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 15:38:33 PM »
Building a tracker is a lot easier if you have a mod sending you that stats rather than having to build stats from snapshots taken by querying the server.
100% agree.

Also i see no problem with exporting BT stats onto any new tracker system.
Might be problematic in trying to understand how they're stored and what does what. We might want to do things differently. Personally, it takes me a while to read and understand someone elses' code. It would be a fresh start too, entirely optional. People could continue to use BT if they wanted.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager