Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Just a Thank You  (Read 8518 times)

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Just a Thank You
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 23:27:53 PM »
I'm turning glass kill house into double assault and added an objective. Except it's a small map, so not much stalking lol.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 04:23:07 AM »
I'm turning glass kill house into double assault and added an objective. Except it's a small map, so not much stalking lol.

sweet :D an obj that can be trasported?

Feel free to give suggestions on how maps can be improved. You can also submit ideas or even submit 2.8 maps to be converted to 2.5 :)

Interdiction :3 i luv that map. Even without bots (it is a complex map though, and heavy too).

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #17 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 04:29:18 AM »
Interdiction :3 i luv that map. Even without bots (it is a complex map though, and heavy too).

I've had it in my mind :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 04:32:57 AM »
sweet :D an obj that can be trasported?

Actually it's a bit simpler :D
Eliminate the enemy, or unlock a door and escape. Think collapsed tunnel, but both sides have the same obj.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 04:35:16 AM »
I think the only extra packages Interdiction used was custom meshes for the outdoors cabins. Otherwise I think everything else inside the base was in T-Equipment, T2-Equipment, and T-Exterior.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 04:47:41 AM »

Code: [Select]
Major-Skrewupâ„¢: lol
Major-Skrewupâ„¢: 213268 lines
Major-Skrewupâ„¢: he can get fucked
Spanky: interdiction would be easy
Spanky: once you remove the ai paths and bots, there's going to be a LOT less code

I agree with Skrewy the code is huge, i was aware that the map is a complex one, as i said before. If the converting has to be done manually and if you have some reference/info to drop about it i would be willing to do the job :) .

Jonnym

« Reply #21 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 06:04:03 AM »
SNAKEPLAIN!
But no AI so Defence spaws in all 3 objective sites.
assault spawns in normal place.
But no vehicles so map time would have to set to half an hour or something, Epic rounds.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 06:53:28 AM »
But no vehicles so map time would have to set to half an hour or something, Epic rounds.

Pshh, we'll just add some cheap drive-able cardboard boxes. You can imagine the cardboard box to be anything you like as you drive it.

Jonnym

« Reply #23 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 07:36:22 AM »
Stick in some old british land rovers from ww2 in north africa.

« Last Edit: Monday, January 23, 2012, 07:38:20 AM by Jonnym »

Offline dr.seuss.

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 09:20:08 AM »
Wow talk about hijack...lol

Well a 2.8 map that I did like was Oldtown. I couldn't really play it well back then because of the System demands, but I thought both teams going for the same carryable objective was a great idea. I liked Extraction for the same reason.
Urban and Mt. McKenna were almost like that with the activated Objectives, but there is temptation for camping.

Oldtown and Extraction were maps that you had to get the obj. the get the heck outta Dodge with.  :) True balnce as far as setup was concerned.

Just my 2cents.

But w/e you guys decide is cool by me....I know NOTHING about coding scripting or any other mumbo jumbo...I'm just a lowly user...lol

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 09:38:29 AM »
For SnakePlain i think the main central fort would still fit perfect for Assault and Defense. I used to play Snakeplain a lot and i know the mission gameplay and tactics are entirely different from a pure PvP assault/defense (it was an object-pow rescue mission with 2 humvees, 50cal and Mk19 shells) but the map is indeed too big for a team without vehicles. And if you get killed at some point at the beginning it's gonna be a long wait if you plan a 20/25 minuts timelapse.

Pshh, we'll just add some cheap drive-able cardboard boxes. You can imagine the cardboard box to be anything you like as you drive it.

The ability of driving any kind of object would be a plus (since there's already a chance of surfing on boxes lol).

Jonnym

« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 09:53:23 AM »
I want this one map, Just this one, as an experiment in epic long rounds, Though how carefully people will play knowing they've got to wait half an hour if they get themselfs killed.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 17:24:10 PM »
Back when I dicked around with 2.8's mission editor, I had this dream to make this epic huge map where teams follow a road that winds up a mountain. At one point you'd reach halfway up the mountain and you had to cross a bridge to get to another mountain. After crossing the bridge, you have 2 choices. A cave leading to the top of the mountain, or outdoors path leading to the top of the mountain. It was supposed to be an AI map but I never started on it hahaha. It's still just an idea.

If you guys have some solid ideas for maps/objectives or whatever tactical team maps, please post them in the mAAp forum. I'm seeing a lot of great ideas. Please start your topics with [IDEA] if you post there. It makes it easier for me to read thru the topics.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 17:40:40 PM »
Back when I dicked around with 2.8's mission editor, I had this dream to make this epic huge map where teams follow a road that winds up a mountain. At one point you'd reach halfway up the mountain and you had to cross a bridge to get to another mountain. After crossing the bridge, you have 2 choices. A cave leading to the top of the mountain, or outdoors path leading to the top of the mountain. It was supposed to be an AI map but I never started on it hahaha. It's still just an idea.

I found out via the AA site recently that Mountain Pass and Bridge are 2 maps but they're meant to be 1 mission in 2 stages. Like, you cross the bridge and then scale the mountain pass. I've tossed the idea of merging both maps but it's not too practical.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 17:47:15 PM »
You could do what postal 2 does and when you reach a certain spot the next level loads.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager