Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: I'm Out of here  (Read 5540 times)

Offline ELiZ

I'm Out of here
« on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 15:38:46 PM »
I've taken the decision to stop with all activates that are related to America's Army.
This includes all work I've done up to now in regards with bringing Assist to 2.8.5

Main reason for this is that I've just started up an own company and will have to spend all my time to get that to grow into something special.

So good bye to you all. And have fun playing a game we all love.

/ELiZ

ps, I've handed over all that I've done so far to the other Admins, so perhaps if the get some help from others, who knows, you might get Assist285

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: I'm Out of here
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 15:42:36 PM »
Good luck and take care man. You've touched this community in a way that very few have.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
  • AA: Banned
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 15:46:03 PM »
ELIZ why now? Why you left unfinished project? Its like every time, they work on project then something happens and quits it... I'm really disappointed as the rest of us are I guess. We left without a main assist admin once again. So many words and promises went to 0. You gave us a hope but now its all went to shit, you made us angry but whatever you done a great job on assist. Who is now the main assist holder and whats the plans? I dont think there is a better coder than johny or ELIZ.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 15:56:29 PM by IGC Wolf^ »

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 16:06:27 PM »
Good speed Eliz!

Offline Clown.!Ng

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 16:10:08 PM »
Thanks for your time and knowledge share,good luck with your new start-up.
Take care !

Rest In Peace Koen

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 16:22:46 PM »
Who is now the main assist holder and whats the plans? I dont think there is a better coder than johny or ELIZ.
Nobody is the main coder now. Sergio handles some server stuff while Pegasus hosts the site and TS.

It's important to remember that Assist is purely run by volunteers. There's no advertisements on this site or in Assist. There's no cost to play, only donations to pay for server costs. The admins here are adults that have lives outside this forum. AA has a funny way of sucking up time you didn't know you had. We're all passionate about it but we can't let it eat away time that is better spent in our personal lives.

It's a pure shame that all the admins and devs that have worked on Assist didn't meet up many years ago when we had nothing better to do with our time :)

I'm kinda bummed too as I was getting excited to map again but I respect ELiZ and appreciate the work he's done.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 17:07:47 PM »
Right decision mate, good luck with the job and thanks x1000

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 17:49:33 PM »
Thanks for all the good work uve done!

Take care man! and good luck with ur company!

Offline -Diesel.iNv-

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 18:18:55 PM »
At least take off the mods before you pack your shit.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 18:33:52 PM »
Nobody is the main coder now. Sergio handles some server stuff while Pegasus hosts the site and TS.

It's important to remember that Assist is purely run by volunteers. There's no advertisements on this site or in Assist. There's no cost to play, only donations to pay for server costs. The admins here are adults that have lives outside this forum. AA has a funny way of sucking up time you didn't know you had. We're all passionate about it but we can't let it eat away time that is better spent in our personal lives.

It's a pure shame that all the admins and devs that have worked on Assist didn't meet up many years ago when we had nothing better to do with our time :)

I'm kinda bummed too as I was getting excited to map again but I respect ELiZ and appreciate the work he's done.

Only thing i'd like to add is that you didn't find out overnight that you'd start a new company.
Although you have no obligations whatsoever here, you could have mentioned it a few weeks ago
and not leave this way.

It's like a pilot on a plane telling the passengers to enjoy the trip who suddenly grasps
his parachute and says he's spotted some chick on the ground so he has to jump immediately.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 18:54:54 PM by zoxee »
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 19:20:50 PM »
Maybe he thought he'd had time to finish his stuff with 2.8.5. Maybe he underestimated the work he'd have ...
I don't think it's fair to react like that. Those guys working for assist, they don't owe us anything. They did because they loved the game, because they wanted to help. But sometimes priorities have to be taken. Yes it is true that it would have been better after he released 2.8.5 but life's hard and we have to deal with it ;)

Offline CheeseyTron

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 19:23:38 PM »
Thanks for all you've done Eliz...Great success in your future endeavourments   :up:

Offline zoxee

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 19:31:17 PM »
I don't think it's fair to react like that. Those guys working for assist, they don't owe us anything.

Although you have no obligations whatsoever here

Read before you post. We don't criticize the fact that he chose to leave, just the way he left.

First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 19:51:28 PM »
Thanks for all you've done Eliz, ignor all the negative feedback if any is left, u have done outstanding work along with others here that made it possiable to play aa again, people seem to forget about all the work that it took to get it back running again

Offline Ganja

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 20:17:22 PM »
Read before you post. We don't criticize the fact that he chose to leave, just the way he left.

I was answering to Wolf who said

So many words and promises went to 0

Yes his leave is sudden but like I said maybe he underestimated the work ;)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager