Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Convert Shotguns from 285 to 25Assist  (Read 44 times)

Offline JunK

Convert Shotguns from 285 to 25Assist
« on: Yesterday at 18:46:50 »
Hey,

Im wondering if it’s possible to convert the shotgun from AA 2.8.5 to 25 Assist? And if it’s possible, can it be done? Shotguns will bring something new to 25Assist

*ive been playing some trainings a few weeks ago, the first SF training, before you go for the test you need to talk with some green berets members. On one of table you can see a shotgun. That’s why I’m asking about the shotgun.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Gr JunK

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Convert Shotguns from 285 to 25Assist
« Reply #1 on: Today at 03:57:05 »
Possible? Potentially.
Will it happen? Extremely unlikely.

As I'm sure you've noticed, we don't really work on the game itself nowadays. We don't really have the capacity to do so in a major way. And as much as this may seem like a not-so-major change, it would probably be a lot more work than you realise. Remember, we don't have access to the source code of this game. The modification you're suggesting would probably involve trying to reverse-engineer some parts of the code and changing the byte code of the game.
And I may be wrong in the details, but finding out what it takes is already quite a big task. So unfortunately this won't happen.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline JunK

« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:59:37 »
I was just curious about it. You guys did it also with the uniforms. I remember the time that 2.5 the camo pattern of the uniforms were dessert on dessert maps. Nowadays you can see the digital camo pattern on the uniforms from 285.

Anyway, no I don’t know how much work it is, to do that kind of stuff.

Thanks for the information.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:54:55 »
I was just curious about it. You guys did it also with the uniforms. I remember the time that 2.5 the camo pattern of the uniforms were dessert on dessert maps. Nowadays you can see the digital camo pattern on the uniforms from 285.

Anyway, no I don’t know how much work it is, to do that kind of stuff.

Thanks for the information.
Good observations!

Back in the day we had a very talented and well motivated member of the team that was capable of and (somehow!) had the time to do such things. But unfortunately he's no longer actively involved in this project.
That's why I say we don't really have the resources to tackle such things.

I'm sorry if the above post felt aggressive or hostile. It certainly wasn't meant as such. People just often underestimate the amount of work seemingly small changes can take. And perhaps they also overestimate the number of members and/or amount of available time for the members of the staff here (or other projects for that matter).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager