Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: How healty is Assist for next year??  (Read 6913 times)

Offline Ganja

Re: How healty is Assist for next year??
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 15:32:47 PM »
@Ganja
Already ran out of arguments?
Poor little boy...

Oh this is arguing? About if the game is dieing or not? I mean, come on why would I need arguments. There has been ups, there has been downs, but the game is still there. Why would you want to argue about a game you're not playing

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 15:36:01 PM »
Why would you want to argue about a game you're not playing
Who said I do not play it anymore?
I just don't use Assist anymore!

Offline alechko1

• View Profile

Offline Ganja

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 15:39:57 PM »

2.5 AND 2.8.5 COOP maps are not really same games :D

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 15:44:08 PM »
If you check BT stats you see a drop from ~950/day to ~650/day since the AC-shutdown scenario.
That means over 30% are gone.

If we would get rid of Assist it may bring back a lot of them, even without scoring.

I wouldn't live on BT stats.

http://aao25.com/info#Player_Stats

Before the shutdown, we were hovering between 1,000 and 1,100 unique players and the other day we hit 850 and it's slowly climbing. I'd say we've lost under 20% and some of those might be people that just haven't re-installed or had issues with Assist when it came back online.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 16:01:09 PM »
little LOL between the lines i don t think the new born developpers can help us they realy don t understand what we want  Insurgent Camp new style  >>>
      OOPS!!!

make contact he can be the new guy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  how knows! you have no already
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 16:09:53 PM by Vanoke »

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 16:07:29 PM »
If you check BT stats you see a drop from ~950/day to ~650/day since the AC-shutdown scenario.
That means over 30% are gone.

If we would get rid of Assist it may bring back a lot of them, even without scoring.
You seem to want more players to play the game, but you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

Do you realize that if you closed Assist, you'd need to connect to servers the manual way (i.e "connect xxx.xxx.xxx"), which may not seem a lot to you, but trust me, it is a lot to a lot of the players here. And that's just the start. Evenbalance hasn't supported the game for what? 1½ years now? Even if you played without Assist, you'd still get people cheating on the game far more than you do now.

Assist isn't just a way for the admins to "fuck with you", it's a program to make your life easier!

PS.
Sorry for the rage.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline woopty

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 16:30:39 PM »
Oh this is arguing? About if the game is dieing or not? I mean, come on why would I need arguments. There has been ups, there has been downs, but the game is still there. Why would you want to argue about a game you're not playing
I agree 1000 % with ganja... The game will be fine for a long time to come. Just need to fix the little probs thats going on and move ahead. Why look in the past !!! i mean really i dont even do that in real life. Lets concentrate on populating 2.5 and then we can go from there. Yes there has been some bullshit going on but hey your gonna have that no matter were you go,,, so deal with it. I will support assist as long as its around without any doubts.. So please stop with all the negativity and lets think possitive.  !!!!! HOOAH !!!!!

Offline CheeseyTron

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 19:12:53 PM »
I wouldn't live on BT stats.

http://aao25.com/info#Player_Stats

Before the shutdown, we were hovering between 1,000 and 1,100 unique players and the other day we hit 850 and it's slowly climbing. I'd say we've lost under 20% and some of those might be people that just haven't re-installed or had issues with Assist when it came back online.

A 1000 players?????? and 850 the other day????? Obviously your player stats program has a severe flaw ....all that mountain air is clouding your judgement Spanky...the game we all love is on life support and will slowly die off.

Hopefully I'm wrong on this,but I just don't see people coming back...

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 19:53:32 PM »
A 1000 players?????? and 850 the other day????? Obviously your player stats program has a severe flaw ....all that mountain air is clouding your judgement Spanky...the game we all love is on life support and will slowly die off.

Hopefully I'm wrong on this,but I just don't see people coming back...

Nothing wrong with my code. It queries a custom list made by Assist that shows BTID's (Battletracker ID number) of players currently logged into Assist. The code processes that list and adds the BTID's to a database, checking first to see if that specific BTID is already in the database. Then, at the end of the day, it counts all the BTID's in the database and saves the number. Those numbers are then charted. The number is unique accounts across a 24-hour period. Lots of people come and go throughout the day.

I have another graph that shows maximum number of players on at any given time as well.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline SASF-[KillaH]

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 12:04:45 PM »
I don't think it will ever die, true AA fans will stay as long as the game is playable.
I was gutted when I found out the game would not be supported any more, then along came assist, good job guy's, as I said  true fans will stay as long as we can play.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 12:43:58 PM »

How u bypassing assist, u playing 2.85??

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, September 28, 2013, 14:09:16 PM »
Is this the admin setting ore is this not update jet !!

big_sergio, blueblaster, elizsweden, natenkiki2004, vortex666br

Offline alechko1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, September 28, 2013, 14:14:50 PM »
I don't think it will ever die, true AA fans will stay as long as the game is playable.
I was gutted when I found out the game would not be supported any more, then along came assist, good job guy's, as I said  true fans will stay as long as we can play.

+1

Offline FilteredName1488911

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, September 28, 2013, 14:45:30 PM »
+1

+1 also, just replace "fans" with "retards".

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager