Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Video card problem maybe?  (Read 1301 times)

Offline WORLDCHANCELLOR

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
  • AA: nfy.[BLANK]
Video card problem maybe?
« on: Thursday, March 06, 2014, 16:22:19 PM »
So Assist hasn't introduced this problem; it's been happening for quite a while, I believe. Usually, on Insurgent Camp, when I click on my Night Vision, it stutters/pauses. If I keep pressing night vision on and off, it's so 'stuttery' and hitchy that it looks like photos being taken, like a cartoon strip. I've long adjusted my playing to this anomaly, but it'd be awesome if it were not an issue anymore. It doesn't happen on Pipeline. I haven't played many other maps with NV, but I don't think it happens on MOUT -- just Insurgent Camp, from what I can recall.

My video card is the ATI HD Radeon (Sapphire version) 4670 1GB DDR3, new edition. I've tried many drivers, settings, stress tests, and INI tweaks, but perhaps I have the combination of modifications/tweaks wrong. Any ideas? I've tried all the basic stuff, I'd surmise. I have an Intel Quad Core PC, 8GB of RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I've also disabled 3 of the cores to see if maybe this night-vision stuttering was the multi-core bug with AA2.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 06, 2014, 16:23:58 PM by WORLDCHANCELLOR »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: Video card problem maybe?
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 07, 2014, 04:43:36 AM »
i really dont think that this is related to your hardware. you should check maybe the settings. try a bit with that.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 07, 2014, 07:44:50 AM »
If it was not for the fact that you only get it on one map, I would say that you managed to activate SHOT on the same bindkey as NVG.

Just for giggles check if there is a load of SS in the ScreenShot folder:
%appdata%\25Assist\armyops\ScreenShots\

Or perhaps it's another program that can take SS, as FRAPS?

Offline WORLDCHANCELLOR

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
  • AA: nfy.[BLANK]
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 07, 2014, 20:19:05 PM »
Nope, it's my mouse-wheel Up. It was another button before I changed it to that, and it still did it. Dang, I wish I knew what was causing it. :-/

And there are no programs like Fraps running, either. :-(

Edit: Okay, so I'm on IC right now, and it looks like it only happens when looking at ANY exterior/outside textures. When I'm inside, it's just fine, but if I look at a window, it'll stutter with NV, or if I come close to any exterior aspect of Insurgent Camp, it'll do this. Hmmmm

Given that finding, it probably does this on more than just IC for me.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 07, 2014, 20:29:06 PM by WORLDCHANCELLOR »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager